Author Topic: pk lures in Regina  (Read 4071 times)

Offline saswhitetail

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: pk lures in Regina
« Reply #30 on: Feb 05, 2012, 06:27 PM »
I personally have had a lot more luck with the buckshot. I'm not sure if it is more user friendly and my inexpiernce with the pk is really showing it self lol! Out of a group of four of us we have all bought the pks due to the hype we have got from this site and only 2 fish.I personally have caught probably 40 to 50 fish with the buckshot and one perch with the pk I would really like for these lures to produce but just can't catch fish with them if you guys have any tips on them I would really appreciate it I did read the tips that pk put up on here and have tried to use them but have failed miserably at it just seeing someone has any other tips for them??

Offline KenH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 05, 2012, 07:10 PM »
I personally have had a lot more luck with the buckshot. I'm not sure if it is more user friendly and my inexpiernce with the pk is really showing it self lol! Out of a group of four of us we have all bought the pks due to the hype we have got from this site and only 2 fish.I personally have caught probably 40 to 50 fish with the buckshot and one perch with the pk I would really like for these lures to produce but just can't catch fish with them if you guys have any tips on them I would really appreciate it I did read the tips that pk put up on here and have tried to use them but have failed miserably at it just seeing someone has any other tips for them??

X2

Offline tipupfrenzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 05, 2012, 07:11 PM »
I tried PKs for the first time this winter.  Today, I caught 20 perch and 10 eyes before dinner.  The one eye was 7 pounds.  I have also fished with the buckshot lures.  Now with trying both lures, I am having more consistant results with the PK lures.  I find on days where the fish are showing up, but not commiting, the PKs are doing better at triggering strikes.  I have been jigging them fairly aggresive until one shows up, then giving the lure a constant wiggle./ raise, twitch.  Also do not be afraid to try with larger lures for walleye.
Fishing is a tough job, but im willing to Tackle it!

Offline neptune146

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 05, 2012, 08:05 PM »
The PK Lures work well in the summer time as well.  I had great success fishing off the shore line casting the copper Flutter Fish.  Caught lots of walleye and pike.  The copper seemed to work the best in the dirtier colored water.. Also caught lots of fish from the boat jigging and bouncing them off of the bottom.

Offline Pklures

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • PK Lures -- Catching Fish Redefined!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 06, 2012, 08:34 AM »

A fellow angler sent us a PM and mentioned that someone was looking for tips on PK products.  Here's our thread on how to fish the Flutterfish, the PK Spoon, and even the Ridgeline crankbait under ice.  We have guys who love PK, and guys who love Buckshots, and as long as everybody is catching fish we're thrilled to part of it!  :thumbsup:

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=209069.msg2103409#msg2103409

Tight lines, and here's a Buffalo Pound perch pick to brighten up the day!

Offline neptune146

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:26 AM »
For anyone interested Home Hardware in Yorkton has a good selection of PK's as well as other fishing supplies.. Check it out.

Offline The Cod Father

• IceShanty Rookie
  • We Know Where They Live
« Reply #36 on: Feb 06, 2012, 01:57 PM »
Great picture of the young fellow
Keep up the good work
Like to see kids involved in our sport    :thumbsup:

Keeps them away from hanging out at the malls
You come to me on this day of my daughters Wedding, And ask me to go fishing....Well O.K LETS GO

Offline Pants

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing and share our sport!
« Reply #37 on: Feb 06, 2012, 03:25 PM »
Been having a hard time finding lures in Regina...most stores I have been to seem to be out  :-\  I guess I'll have to wait until next fall to get my hands on them.  If you find any in Regina, please let me know.

Later Days  :tipup:
Teach your children, but never be afraid to let them teach you

Offline Layne

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • beer, bait & ammo
« Reply #38 on: Feb 06, 2012, 03:29 PM »
Go to northern, pokeys or wholesale right now. They dont last long.
"your like a Perez Hilton of the ice fishing blogging world" - dreamcatcher

Offline gobigorgohomenow101

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 06, 2012, 03:30 PM »
Been having a hard time finding lures in Regina...most stores I have been to seem to be out  :-\  I guess I'll have to wait until next fall to get my hands on them.  If you find any in Regina, please let me know.

go to Pokeys or Great Northern Rod and Reel. If they don't have them they will probably set some aside for you next time they get them in.

Offline Novy12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 07, 2012, 11:16 AM »
Thought we were talking about PK Lures!

Offline silvah

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • the fish killer
« Reply #41 on: Feb 07, 2012, 11:20 AM »

They also have them in Craven at the gas station, if you are on your way to that side of LML

Offline quinn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:13 AM »
hey guys i start days off tomorrow and i plan on hitting the lake for the next couple of days. i was wondering if anyone knew if any of the store in regina have any pk lures left? thanks for any info it would be nice to know if its worth a trip to regina.
"There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce serenity of mind" Washington Irving

Offline CanAmCory

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 09, 2012, 07:19 AM »
Pokeys had some left yesterday when I stopped in.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #44 on: Feb 09, 2012, 02:50 PM »
Hey guys,
Give the stores you want to check out a call, then you will know for sure what they do and don't have.
That's what I do when I am looking for the hard to find gear but don't want to run all over the city.

WW

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #45 on: Feb 09, 2012, 05:26 PM »
The esso at Craven had them last time i stopped there.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

MikeMiller

« Reply #46 on: Feb 09, 2012, 06:09 PM »
was at pokies today they had lots

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.