Author Topic: How do you turn your Aqua-Vu camera???  (Read 4691 times)

Offline gunner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
How do you turn your Aqua-Vu camera???
« on: Feb 04, 2005, 09:40 PM »
I used last weekend and I LOVE it (my new Scout, that is) but is there an easy way to turn the camera without the expense of buying the Monopod?

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: How do you turn your Aqua-Vu camera???
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2005, 09:50 PM »
 Nope  spend the 14.99 and get the Non motorized tripod, helps alot in lining up your jig and also spinning it.
Jason

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2005, 10:48 PM »
Where can you buy this tripod, I didn't see them in Cabelas. Thanx

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2005, 10:50 PM »
i made a tripod out of pvc and plexiglass , put a slot to a hole for the cable and use a clothespins on cable to hold at depth and to turn the lens

Offline Webguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lured into it, get reel!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2005, 04:36 AM »
I am using an 18" long dowel across my holes and a strip of velcro to fasten the cable for now, until I get the $16.50 tripod I ordered direct from Aqua-Vu's website.

billybono

« Reply #5 on: Feb 05, 2005, 06:35 AM »
i have a mopod and it sucks! broke after 10th use. i found it unnecessary to turn the camera fishing anyway, if more than 1 person are fishing on it we line em up and put the camera in the end hole.then you can see everyone on it.

billybono

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #6 on: Feb 05, 2005, 07:32 AM »
In our shanty we put yhe camera on a bucket between us and once you get the right depth we just spin the cable back and forth.I have thought about rigging up something like you guys have with a clip or something.The deeper you are the more twiost yo get from the cable and makes it tough to line up.Ive been thinking that for perch I may rig up a tripod directly on the bottom of the camera so it will set on the bottom then you could lift and turn to your jig and set it back down the contacvt with the bottom would end the twisting.Just my two cents.Love the camera whole new angle on fishing.
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline gunner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2005, 04:10 PM »
In our shanty we put yhe camera on a bucket between us and once you get the right depth we just spin the cable back and forth.I have thought about rigging up something like you guys have with a clip or something.The deeper you are the more twiost yo get from the cable and makes it tough to line up.Ive been thinking that for perch I may rig up a tripod directly on the bottom of the camera so it will set on the bottom then you could lift and turn to your jig and set it back down the contacvt with the bottom would end the twisting.Just my two cents.Love the camera whole new angle on fishing.

Yeah, I see that tripod thing in the Bass Pro catalog that sits on the bottom. maybe that's the way to go.

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2005, 04:47 PM »
If you get the tripod make sure to tie the stopper ball to the tripod. You know darn well you'll be looking at it on the bottom if you don't. At least I was.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline FISHFLY

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2005, 05:03 PM »
You have to admit its a pain to line up but well worth the effort-- Have you guys tried recording with it - I tried to hook it up but my camcorder but the input line is different on my camcorder than the normal jack cords- guess going to have to try radio shack. Any suggestions?

billybono

« Reply #10 on: Feb 05, 2005, 05:10 PM »
You have to admit its a pain to line up but well worth the effort-- Have you guys tried recording with it - I tried to hook it up but my camcorder but the input line is different on my camcorder than the normal jack cords- guess going to have to try radio shack. Any suggestions?
whats the line in on your camcorder? im trying to record onto an a/v jukebox with a 20gbhard drive, but the signal out of the aqua view isnt strong enough

billybono

Offline FISHFLY

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 05, 2005, 05:16 PM »
HUH-- sorry a little to technical for me - I was referring to the port on the camcorder is not the normal jack style as say your input our output for you normal TV hook up. Must be my camcorder - appreciate the feedback though- I have a buddy who records I wil hit him up for the answer and post it - I don't know about recording to a harddrive..

billybono

« Reply #12 on: Feb 05, 2005, 06:05 PM »
no that was a separate issue..... is the input on your camcorder looking like a 1/8" headphone jack , if so they make a cord that goes from that to your video jack...lmk  i have several of them. pay the shipping and its yours
                                                       billybono

Offline jschoon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Never to COLD!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 05, 2005, 07:00 PM »
Came up with a simple solution to the camera spinning. Cut two pieces of 1x2 10in long. Put a screw in one end. You can open the other end, no screw, and is tight enought to hold cable and not damage it. After lowering camera to desired depth, install clamp and turn as needed. Pat on the back, cheap and works well.
Keep safe, Hard water fishing, what a rush!
It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. Ursula K. Guin

Offline Kolby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 05, 2005, 10:03 PM »
I use my scout camera in the normal position when "scouting" the area I'm fishing, I lower it down and just hold the cable up over the hole and turn it slowly, looking the area over for 30 seconds.  When I'm viewing my lure and fish reaction, I clip the cable into the fin on the camera that came with the unit and "downview" with the cable attatched to one of those holders on the cable spool, this lets the cable come up the side of the hole and keeps it out of the way.  When I'm downviewing there's no need to spin or move the camera at all.

Offline gunner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 05, 2005, 11:19 PM »
Came up with a simple solution to the camera spinning. Cut two pieces of 1x2 10in long. Put a screw in one end. You can open the other end, no screw, and is tight enought to hold cable and not damage it. After lowering camera to desired depth, install clamp and turn as needed. Pat on the back, cheap and works well.

Any pics??

Offline PERCHPULLER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Perchpuller
« Reply #16 on: Feb 06, 2005, 06:58 AM »

Yeah, I see that tripod thing in the Bass Pro catalog that sits on the bottom. maybe that's the way to go.
Never saw it in the catalog was gonna make my own should have thought of it sooner and got the patend ;D
All fishermen are liars except for you and me,and sometimes I wonder about you!

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #17 on: Feb 06, 2005, 07:58 AM »
I have the tripod but as mentioned before,.EZ to loose that rubber stopper,..
A thought:   you could use a 5 gal bucket top over the hole and cut a slit in it for the cord. Then get a flat pencil eraser, a cloths pin ect and clip that for the depth,..then just move it to turn your cam,..

Offline samson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 06, 2005, 11:01 AM »
got the aqua view tripod as well and lost the rubber piece that turns the camera down the hole. so now i just use a clamp to turn the camera, works better than the rubber thing,

Offline jschoon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Never to COLD!
« Reply #19 on: Feb 06, 2005, 07:11 PM »

Any pics??
Gunner1, No pictures. The two pieces of 1x2 are put 2" sides together and one screw in one end, adjusted so cable is tight. Cable slides in from other end, works like a clamp.
It is good to have an end to journey towards, but it is the journey that matters, in the end. Ursula K. Guin

Offline FISHFLY

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #20 on: Feb 07, 2005, 06:24 PM »
thanks for the answer billybono - I figured there must be another hook up-----i will try radio shack first and pay the big bucks - if I fall short I know where to reach you...thanks :)

Offline jschoon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Never to COLD!
« Reply #21 on: Feb 07, 2005, 06:32 PM »
gunner1 if you like a picture send your e-mail address in a pm, and I will e-mail one to you. Goes for anyone else who would like a picture.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #22 on: Feb 07, 2005, 06:35 PM »
I have the motorized tripod. It works great. Man you can be sitting  a few feet way and get that puppy to turn. 8) 8) 8)
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 08, 2005, 01:33 PM »
I've been thinking of getting a piece of 1x4x12 and drilling a hole in the center and cutting a slit in one side to the hole.  I'm thinking of using a micro clip from Home Depot to hold the cable.  Slide the cable through the slit, place the board over your hole, use the clip to hold the cable depth and to turn the camera.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Feb 08, 2005, 07:53 PM »
You can buy replacement "stoppers" for $3 from Aqua View. Mine went down the hole the second time I used the manual tripod. The stopper is a great help in getting the camera positioned just right so I can see both jigs at the same time.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #25 on: Feb 08, 2005, 08:52 PM »
I dropped my stopper down the hole also. :'( :'( :-[ :-[
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline chrism

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #26 on: Feb 08, 2005, 10:05 PM »
I do the same as jschoon does - two boards (1x2, 14" long) screwed together and I drilled a small hole in the middle of the boards where they meet - slide the cable into it through the 'open' end once you've found your depth, then just rotate the board if/when it needs it.
Friend had  both the underwater and above ice tripod and both broke. My advice would be to shy away from the above ice unit. As for the underwater, I set the cam at a 30 to 45 degree angle and wouldnt use the bottom tripod.
chrism

Offline jschoon

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Never to COLD!
« Reply #27 on: Feb 09, 2005, 08:50 AM »
Hey gunner1, Took your advise and removed the screw, installed a 3\16th ss bolt with a wing nut. much better control. Thanks

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #28 on: Feb 09, 2005, 09:14 PM »
 A friend of mine took a 6x1 piece of wood and cut a slit for the cable and uses that to turn his camera instead of the rubber stopper, seems to work really well and seems like he has better control, i might hafta try it myself and see how it works.
Jason

Offline gunner1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #29 on: Feb 10, 2005, 03:59 AM »
Hey gunner1, Took your advise and removed the screw, installed a 3\16th ss bolt with a wing nut. much better control. Thanks

No problem! The best thing about the internet is the free-flow of ideas. Did you put a bolt in the other end too, or did you leave the rest like you originally had it?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.