Author Topic: Little Bay De Noc  (Read 9382 times)

Offline Clam22

• Team IceShanty Regular
Little Bay De Noc
« on: Dec 20, 2011, 02:42 PM »
I have heard there is guys fishing on Little Bay De Noc. Anyone know what the ice conditions are like and what the safest area to access the bay? I will be heading up later on tonight. Any information is appreciated. You can PM me if you dont want to post. Thanks
Catchin Fish and Drinkin Beer

Offline big bobber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • cant fish during the day...learn to fish at night
Re: Little Bay De Noc
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2011, 02:46 PM »
all you gotta do is drive by...you will know...i havent heard anything yet...but it is possible...check kipling....stay away from butler island!
i just know they will bite if i stay another hour.

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2011, 03:12 PM »
Im very interested to know too! 

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2011, 03:20 PM »
Just did some searching....looks like there's 5 inches of ice in the upper bay off the yellow gates! Here's where I read this....
 http://www.outdoors911.com/reports/showthread.php?24621-Yellow-gate-is-open

Offline Clam22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2011, 04:39 PM »
Just did some searching....looks like there's 5 inches of ice in the upper bay off the yellow gates! Here's where I read this....
 http://www.outdoors911.com/reports/showthread.php?24621-Yellow-gate-is-open

Very Helpful thank you!

Offline Clam22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2011, 04:41 PM »
I will be out there the next couple days. Will post how we do

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2011, 04:53 PM »
Good Luck! Should be some great fishing.....early ice is usually the best!  Im hoping to be down there in the next day or two too!

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2011, 07:15 PM »
Heard there is a boat due into Kipling tomorrow.

Offline tomjohn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 22, 2011, 07:31 PM »
Not Kipling...Gladstone.
When hell freezes over Ill Ice fish there too

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2011, 10:00 AM »
Hey guys. I will be heading up that way towards the middle-end of January, and I am planning at stopping at LBDN. I was wondering how the ice is doing up there? And can anyone point me to some GENERAL tactics to fish it? I have never been there and have no clue what I am doing when it comes to these types of fisheries. Any help? I would be satisfied if I could just ice one eye..lol

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2011, 06:42 PM »
Hey guys. I will be heading up that way towards the middle-end of January, and I am planning at stopping at LBDN. I was wondering how the ice is doing up there? And can anyone point me to some GENERAL tactics to fish it? I have never been there and have no clue what I am doing when it comes to these types of fisheries. Any help? I would be satisfied if I could just ice one eye..lol
The ice is still variable on the noc but there are places with 4-5". The ice should be good by mid-late january. Its been a goofy winter, most years there are people driving on the ice by January. As far as lures go jigging raps are by far the most popular in a #3, #5, and #7 (#3 is my favorite). Dead sticks with a fathead catch alot of fish along with tip ups with small suckers. There are lots of good places to fish, just look for the shacks. I would check out the reports closer to the dates to have a better idea of the conditions :tipup:

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2011, 06:50 PM »
Thanks Browning! I just opened a Christmas Stocking full of Jiggin raps of all sizes! Being from Southern Michigan, we havent even seen ice... so, as you would guess I am starting to get a bit anxious...

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 24, 2011, 10:16 AM »
Ditto what Browning said.....u should be able to drive your truck all over the bay by then.  Go see Chris at Bayview bait and tackle when you get up and im sure he will steer you in the right direction.  There's also a lbdn section on www.outdoors911.com. there's reports posted daily on there ......GOOD LUCK!

Offline mark4493

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 24, 2011, 12:29 PM »
I am heading up to the Little Bay on Jan. 3rd. We will be staying in the Escanaba/Gladstone area. How is the ice conditions? What areas are good and what areas are to stay away from? Any hints or tips on catching fish? Do you guys tip your jigging raps with minnows or heads? I never fished the bays, so any help is appreciated. Merry Christmas

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 24, 2011, 04:39 PM »
You can buy a map of the bay at the baitshop that will show all your structure...danger areas etc. A very good helpful tool for fishing lbdn

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #15 on: Dec 24, 2011, 07:31 PM »
headed down tomorrow for my first noc trip of the year, can't wait! I feel like a kid waiting for christmas morning  ;D

Offline mark4493

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 24, 2011, 10:17 PM »
Isn't tomorrow christmas morning. In that case you are waiting for Christmas morning. Good luck. Let us know how you did.

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 25, 2011, 08:49 PM »
I went down to lbdn with browning13 we had a ok day kinda slow for sure all over the bay from what we heard from some guys. in the am  I landed a real nice pike and a few smaller eyes... Night bite went alot better for us came home with a few nice keepers. It was sure nice to get on the the noc for the first time this year many more trips soon  ;D   :tipup:

Offline mark4493

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 25, 2011, 09:26 PM »
Nice, congrats on getting out fishing. I am jealous. How was the ice conditions? Where did you go out of? What did you use? Colors? size? Sorry for bombarding you with a lot of questions. Thanks for your time and congrats on the catch

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Dec 25, 2011, 09:56 PM »
It was a rough start for the day for me when I broke my transducer at 7:30am... I ended up borrowing a flasher from a buddy and the rest of the day went better. Like berg said it was slow but we still managed a few. Jigging raps and tips ups got the fish. We were on the north end of the bay, ice was anywhere from 4-8" and lots of atv's running around. Watch the pressure cracks though, heard someone dropped through by the days river :tipup:

Offline GFHFG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 26, 2011, 07:49 AM »
Is the ice good enough for a snowmobile or atv? How far is the walk to the good fishing spots?
Thankyou God for hunting and fishing

Offline mark4493

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Dec 26, 2011, 09:45 PM »
Cool, thanks for the info. I am from mid michigan and have never fished the bay before. What size jigging raps work the best? What colors? Thanks again

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #22 on: Dec 27, 2011, 07:59 AM »
Again.....chris or diane at bayview will point you in the right direction as far as reports...hot lures...location etc.  They have all sizes and colors of jigging raps and shiver minnows.....personally I like anything that glows and has purple on it. I don't think there's such thing as a rap/shiver minnow that don't catch fish! Bayview is a walleye fisherman's dream store!

Offline Super Yooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When Hell Freezes Over... I'll Ice Fish There To!
« Reply #23 on: Jan 02, 2012, 01:04 AM »
A Bunch of Buddies coming down from MQT and Up from Grand Rapids Thursday. How much Ice on the bay? Is everyone running machines yet?

Thanks!

Offline Rippenlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Is it a keeepeerrr???"
« Reply #24 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:49 AM »
T minus 4 days! then 5 days of chasing walter's! and beer :thumbsup:

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Jan 02, 2012, 05:36 PM »
Leaving Thursday night,will arrive around noon on Friday,really lookin forward to this trip.

Offline 249er

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:58 PM »
Gonna be a great time. The walters and perch better watch out!  ;D

Offline davemillertime

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:53 PM »
Good luck fellas ...Im  going down for 4 days of fishin  the 2nd week of Jan ....Hopefully they will have ice  past gladstone ...But who knows ....still looking forward to the trip ...Keep us posted how  you do ..... :icefish:

Offline Super Yooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When Hell Freezes Over... I'll Ice Fish There To!
« Reply #28 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:45 PM »
Leaving Thursday night,will arrive around noon on Friday,really lookin forward to this trip.

Cant wait!

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Jan 02, 2012, 09:48 PM »
I already have four trips down there, hopefully making it down there Thursday or Friday can't get enough of the Noc!   :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.