Author Topic: am i crazy?!  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Indiananimal

• Team IceShanty Regular
am i crazy?!
« on: Oct 18, 2011, 09:49 PM »
 Just ordered me a new AP outdoors xi3 pop up and a Nils 6 in. in one night and the fiance doesnt kno about it yet.... AM I CRAZY?  ;D If i ever stop Ironworking 60 hrs. a week ill be able to use my new toys when the water turns to ice!!!! I just hope its before xmas like it was last year here in Northwest Indiana.

P.S. my order from Jammin Jigs came in like 2 weeks ago so im pretty much set now! finally!

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: am i crazy?!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2011, 09:52 PM »
Join the club..................

But then again, 

I sleep outside ;D

Offline amcmullen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I may be obsessed...
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2011, 11:02 PM »
You might be in some trouble with the future misses, however, the juice is definitely worth the squeeze. ;D
I'm cold and I like it

Offline problyfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2011, 11:07 PM »
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission.   

Good luck,

Offline amcmullen

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I may be obsessed...
« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2011, 11:23 PM »
We walk on frozen lakes, rivers and ponds.  We sit all day in sub freezing temperatures, blowing winds, snow and all sorts of nasty environments.  Were all a little crazy. She'll get over it as soon as she steps inside to get out of the cold
I'm cold and I like it

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2011, 12:50 AM »
I don't think you're crazy Indiananimal.  Well,...I mean, no more than any other ice fisherman.    :roflmao:

Maybe a tad covert, but that's not right either.  That you asked this question, makes a statement, your heart is in the right place.

Can you down-size the honeymoon?

Consider this pearl of wisdom ~ "It doesn't matter if you're rich or not, as long as you're happy and can afford anything you want"

Haven't we all done this before?   :whistle:        Every year, I'm in that same boat and we absolutely, must be ready for ice. You were good to yourself. Enjoy it.      :thumbsup:

:icefish:

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2011, 04:43 AM »
It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is permission.   

Good luck,

I like that remark.
<===Lefty===

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2011, 07:09 AM »
just be home before she is when they arrive. put them with the rest of your stuf and she'll never know!

Offline bean counter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 19, 2011, 08:10 AM »
when i have my eye on new equipment, i usually say "hey hon, we've been working real hard, why don't we each spend $100 on ourselves"  Costs more, but i still get to sleep inside...  If that doesn't work - go covert ;D

Offline phil.from.cassopolis

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2011, 09:22 AM »

Offline snowman6902

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 19, 2011, 09:48 AM »
ship it to your work and sneak it home.....

rickl1968

« Reply #11 on: Oct 19, 2011, 10:30 AM »
Better tell her soon!  :o 
Tell her it was on sale, she dosent have to know the REAL price...lmao

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2011, 10:31 AM »
I bought a Frabil one man flip over and a LX-5, she hasn't caught on yet, I hide them in the garage. She saw the flip over this summer I told I borrowed it from a friend, after a few years she won't remember.

Offline lives2fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Oct 19, 2011, 11:03 AM »
If you already told her it is borrowed...tell her you just bought it from that person at some rediculous price and hopefully she will leave it at that. Or get her in it and show her how happy it makes you. Show her all the great features it has and how realistic it is to own one. maybe then she will realize how much happiness it brings you. I find that lying never seems to work. So I would go with the latter of the 2. At least then your being honest with her.
Good luck my friend
No, I mean I REALLY REALLY LOVE TO FISH!!!

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 19, 2011, 01:02 PM »
If your crazy than I'm crazy too. I ordered an Fl-22HD head unit on monday and picked up a tiny 1.3ah 12v battery to power the lights in my portable today. I've also been making lists of jigs and other stuff I want to get.  I don't have a wife to deal with though. ;)

Offline jeepsw1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Zippo Outdoor pro-staff
« Reply #15 on: Oct 19, 2011, 01:30 PM »
wife and i have our own seperate accounts,and then a joint account. 75% of my check goes into a joint account,same with her...whatever i spend my 25% on is my business, i just better not ever ask to borrow money or take some out of the joint account.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Oct 19, 2011, 01:35 PM »
And  I thought women were sneaky. Some of these answers are really off the wall. Do you guy's have a dart board with different answers on it and you just use whatever your dart hits? Or is it just brain storming?
<===Lefty===

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #17 on: Oct 19, 2011, 01:38 PM »
Make a bunch of noise when ya walk in the house and ask in a loud voice if anyone wants to have s@x. You should be able to drive a D9 Cat into the house undetected after this. ::) ;D
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #18 on: Oct 19, 2011, 01:48 PM »
And  I thought women were sneaky. Some of these answers are really off the wall. Do you guy's have a dart board with different answers on it and you just use whatever your dart hits? Or is it just brain storming?
No, but my wife uses my picture for a dart board.  ;D

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #19 on: Oct 19, 2011, 02:08 PM »
Am I the only one here who has a wife that understands me. I don't spend a whole lot on fishing stuff but when I need (want) something I just take her with me and show her how much better it would be with it. Worked great with my clam. Took her out in -10 weather and she could not  last 15 minutes. Showed her my buddies clam and she agreed to get one. Even though we have a perm.  She never noticed my vex fl8 somehow turned to a fl18. Did some work on the side and bought it. But when she wants something, Which is rare, She gets it.    Steve

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #20 on: Oct 19, 2011, 05:23 PM »
My wife doesn't complain about my hunting and fishing. She spent every day for five weeks fishing with me this summer and doesn't care for ice fishing, but she will bring my grandson out on the ice to fish with me. When he gets cold or bored she will take him home. If I can manage to get my wheel house on the ice this winter he will be able to take a nap, watch a movie or fish. I worked my regular job and also had a job as an officer in my union which was the job that paid for most of my ice fishing toys. It didn't pay much, but did pay for some toys. Now I'm retired and pretty much hunt and fish whenever I want to. Being retired gives me the privilege of hunting and fishing during the week so I can spend weekend days with her and my grandson who lives with us. One other good thing is I don't have to deal with the crowds on the water or ice during the week.

Offline smitty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Oct 19, 2011, 05:36 PM »
I keep my large purchases at my buddies house. Seems to work well  >:D

smitty :tipup:

Offline Eggemoggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here Fishy - Fishy
« Reply #22 on: Oct 19, 2011, 06:46 PM »
I love that retirement package.....    works for me....    :clap: :clap:    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline raqimagination

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Oct 19, 2011, 06:54 PM »
 :o :o my wife never complains about hunting or fishing what so ever/....guess i am real lucky ;D ;D :afro:

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #24 on: Oct 19, 2011, 07:05 PM »
I love that retirement package.....    works for me....    :clap: :clap:    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Much better than the old grind isn't it?  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline mr_mojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Oct 19, 2011, 07:28 PM »
Am I the only one here who has a wife that understands me. I don't spend a whole lot on fishing stuff but when I need (want) something I just take her with me and show her how much better it would be with it. Worked great with my clam. Took her out in -10 weather and she could not  last 15 minutes. Showed her my buddies clam and she agreed to get one. Even though we have a perm.  She never noticed my vex fl8 somehow turned to a fl18. Did some work on the side and bought it. But when she wants something, Which is rare, She gets it.    Steve

I'm the same way. As long as my wife is happy, and my girls are taken care of, she doesn't care. For me, it's more difficult to get the time to fish than for the gear.
I love my job, it pays for my bait.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #26 on: Oct 19, 2011, 08:03 PM »
That's good crazy Rairdog.

You are on the same page.     :thumbsup: :bow:

rickl1968

« Reply #27 on: Oct 19, 2011, 08:13 PM »
:o :o my wife never complains about hunting or fishing what so ever/....guess i am real lucky ;D ;D :afro:

Welcome to the site raqimagination

Your in!  :)

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #28 on: Oct 19, 2011, 08:21 PM »
Wel raredog seems like u got a good one if she is excited about ice fishing too.

Offline LDB_Bass_Hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Oct 19, 2011, 09:50 PM »

Can you down-size the honeymoon?

:icefish:

On ICE!
FTAA Member: Fishing Tackle Addictions Anonymous

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.