Author Topic: in fisherman ice giude is on sportsman channel now  (Read 3120 times)

Offline zoeconner

• IceShanty Rookie
in fisherman ice giude is on sportsman channel now
« on: Sep 28, 2011, 02:29 PM »
Just to let everyone know that the new infishermen ice fishing for this seaon has started. Man I'm hooked. This can't be good for me.

surflizard

Re: The sportsman channel
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Tuesdays at 4:00 pm and Saturdays at 7:00 pm.

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28, 2011, 03:47 PM »
Stupid Dish Network i dont get either Sportsman Channel or Outdoor Channel and i love Outdoor Channel!

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28, 2011, 04:05 PM »
Stupid Dish Network i dont get either Sportsman Channel or Outdoor Channel and i love Outdoor Channel!

Why not?? I have Dish Network and get both those channels. Outdoor ch 396, and Sportsman ch 395

Offline zoeconner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 28, 2011, 04:13 PM »
I have time Warner. Since I added this and about 5 other ones to my package it lowered my bill a dollar. Go figure. If you have TW I would call them and ask. It doesn't hert and you might save money for more ice gear lol.

Offline biggaryz

• IceShanty Rookie
  • jacks or better to win!!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2011, 04:21 PM »
watched it twice already can't wait till next week.got the butterflies in the belly already.
come on cold weather.

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2011, 05:04 PM »
Why not?? I have Dish Network and get both those channels. Outdoor ch 396, and Sportsman ch 395
Erik i have the package below the two with the channels. I tried to find Outdoor on here but its not.  >:(

surflizard

« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2011, 05:53 PM »
That's terrible zorro, they're doing a special on Lake trout locations Saturday too !  :'(

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #8 on: Sep 28, 2011, 06:35 PM »
OH MY GEEZEM!!!!! This is me but with a lap top right now!

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #9 on: Sep 28, 2011, 06:55 PM »
ZORRO, I'll try to help ya out. Don't know what you pay for Dish, but if ya give me thirty bucks, I'll let ya look through a cardboard TV screen and watch me catch Northerns. I'll even throw in a few tips, too.  :roflmao: :roflmao:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2011, 07:03 PM »
That's terrible zorro, they're doing a special on Lake trout locations Saturday too !  :'(

Stop egging him on! He'll have a terminal melt-down and wet his pants!!! ;D

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #11 on: Sep 28, 2011, 07:04 PM »
That's too bad. I watched it again this afternoon. About half of the show was about the area where I ice fish the most.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #12 on: Sep 28, 2011, 10:24 PM »
ZORRO, I'll try to help ya out. Don't know what you pay for Dish, but if ya give me thirty bucks, I'll let ya look through a cardboard TV screen and watch me catch Northerns. I'll even throw in a few tips, too.  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Good idea, i am in NH your in cold as the Arctic Minni. so just tape it through a cardboard box. And no you will probably NEVER see me break down. I am a strong mentally guy. But cant press 200.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Sep 28, 2011, 10:34 PM »
And I thought ya had a sense of humor.... ::)

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #14 on: Sep 28, 2011, 10:37 PM »
I have a good sense oh humor but i am horrible at jokes that are funny if someone else tells it but if i do its not anymore.

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Sep 28, 2011, 11:01 PM »
Are you telling me that In-Fisherman is finally fishing in the United States.  That's a first.  They were starting to make me feel I was watching a high fence hunting show.

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
« Reply #16 on: Sep 29, 2011, 12:30 AM »
I'd sure like to see In-Fisherman do an ice show from Ashland, right out from roadside park with the artesian water.

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Sep 29, 2011, 08:17 AM »
I'll believe they know what their doing when I see them fishing in a crowd, like the rest of us have to do.  Yeah I know, the point is separating from the crowd, but I've seen them fish on huge lakes, and no one seen to the horizon....,come on "Really"

surflizard

« Reply #18 on: Sep 29, 2011, 08:23 AM »
I sure wouldn't mind Making a Living by doing what old Godo does !  :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #19 on: Sep 29, 2011, 12:55 PM »
I have good news for you Zorros Shack you can get "The Outdoor Sports Package" on Dish Network ala carte for $3 per month. It combines the hunting, fishing, shooting and motor sports programming of Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel, World Fishing Network and MAVTV to create the best variety of entertainment for the outdoor and motor sports enthusiast.

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Sep 29, 2011, 01:13 PM »
I get WFN up here and another fishing and hunting channel, and on WFN they had like a 6 week series on the in-fisherman ice fishing guide about 3 months ago. The In-Fisherman boys did a show on walleyes from my neck of the woods on Lake Winnipeg. I think they were up last year. I have a couple friends who have guided them when they came up to do a show on channel cats in the summer and on the hardwater eyes.

surflizard

« Reply #21 on: Sep 29, 2011, 01:15 PM »
I think I saw that one HH, Gordo was singing the praises of the chubby darter if I recall correctly ?

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #22 on: Sep 29, 2011, 08:41 PM »
Are you telling me that In-Fisherman is finally fishing in the United States.  That's a first.  They were starting to make me feel I was watching a high fence hunting show.
Don't ya just love watching someone shoot a scruffy looking brush buck from a fifty foot high tower blind in Texas?  :wacko:

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #23 on: Sep 29, 2011, 08:44 PM »
I like the Outdoor Channel and the shows but the shows where they get 150 score and up bucks and they just walk buy, there "fake" because you got food plots and feeding them making them come back and you know when they do. Its not "real" hunting. Its just looking and shooting. In Vermont and NH and i guess all of NE its "real" hunting.

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Sep 30, 2011, 08:21 AM »
I think I saw that one HH, Gordo was singing the praises of the chubby darter if I recall correctly ?
I think you are recalling correctly Surf. Pyzer is a hardwater fanatic. I got a chance to fish with him about 15 -20 years ago at the Gary Roach pro am walleye derby on lake of the woods. Really smart guy.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #25 on: Sep 30, 2011, 09:23 AM »
I like the Outdoor Channel and the shows but the shows where they get 150 score and up bucks and they just walk buy, there "fake" because you got food plots and feeding them making them come back and you know when they do. Its not "real" hunting. Its just looking and shooting. In Vermont and NH and i guess all of NE its "real" hunting.
That is why they are known as "canned hunts".

surflizard

« Reply #26 on: Sep 30, 2011, 10:11 AM »
I think you are recalling correctly Surf. Pyzer is a hardwater fanatic. I got a chance to fish with him about 15 -20 years ago at the Gary Roach pro am walleye derby on lake of the woods. Really smart guy.
Your a lucky guy HH, What I wouldn't give to spend some time talking to him one on one, He's forgot more about ice fishing than I'll ever learn in my lifetime ! I have seen a few episodes with him without Doug(its 15 lbs) Stange and really enjoy watching them !

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Sep 30, 2011, 10:22 AM »
[! I have seen a few episodes with him without Doug(its 15 lbs) Stange and really enjoy watching them !
[/quote]

Stange cracks me up. I enjoy watching those guys and I think their ice fishing series is a must watch. The In Fisherman is my favorite read of all mags but I liked their walleye insider the best, me being a walleye fanatic. I have been watching Pyzer fish with different pros for years on tv and when they come up to Canada to do a show he is one of the top go to guys for putting them on fish.

surflizard

« Reply #28 on: Sep 30, 2011, 10:30 AM »
That show on Winnipeg was amazing, they were calling them Mossbacks, those were Huge Walleyes ! Gord was talking about rattling them in and them hitting the dead stick instead and POW, that big Mossback pounded that rod right on cue ! That bright green color on them is from the limestone around the lake right ?

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Sep 30, 2011, 10:44 AM »
We get the mossbacks in Lake winnipeg and in the Red River. I think it is because Winnipeg is huge with sandy and muddy bottom.  Not much structure on the lake but huge flats the eyes just move in and out of to feed. On almost all of our other lakes we get bronze backs or gold backs. A lot of guys drill 3 holes and in 1 of them they use a rattle bait with no hooks on to bring them in to their jigging rods. Thats why I love fishing Winnipeg because every hit could be the big one. It is a hog factory

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.