Author Topic: in fisherman ice giude is on sportsman channel now  (Read 3121 times)

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: The sportsman channel
« Reply #30 on: Sep 30, 2011, 10:53 AM »

Surf This is my daughters pb from Winnipeg 13 lber 2 winters ago. She bugs me every single day about this fish because it is 1 lb bigger than my pb

surflizard

« Reply #31 on: Sep 30, 2011, 11:11 AM »
Thats a Mossback for sure ! I hear ya HH, I remember getting outfished by my boy Nick on a couple of occasions, your right, children can be Relentless !  :woot: :roflmao:

Offline hoghammer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Sep 30, 2011, 11:24 AM »
 children can be Relentless !  :woot: :roflmao:
[/quote]

But we love it. Its what we live for. Shes my favorite fishing partner. Doesnt need babysitting on the ice and never wants to go home early. She landed that hog by herself and after she caught it I pretty much stopped fishing the rest of the day and sat back with a grin on my face and soaked up all her excitement ;D

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #33 on: Sep 30, 2011, 11:54 AM »
My son used to say that I kicked his tail all summer and he kicked mine all winter. Things will probably change this winter since he got married last November and probably won't be allowed to go anymore. He did get to fish for an afternoon with his father-in-law last January. Maybe there is some hope after all.  :-\
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Sep 30, 2011, 12:23 PM »
Tuesdays at 4:00 pm and Saturdays at 7:00 pm.

I take it those are eastern times?

Offline meatman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Sep 30, 2011, 04:57 PM »
Ice Men is on VS. wednesday am at 9am. :tipup:

surflizard

« Reply #36 on: Sep 30, 2011, 05:53 PM »
I take it those are eastern times?
10-4 !

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Sep 30, 2011, 08:25 PM »
That is why they are known as "canned hunts".

We have a big buck high fence operation not far from where I live.  They charge over $20,000 for a book buck.  Before I'd do that, I'd pay a farmer to shoot an angus.  With the left over cash I'd go to Winnipeg for those In-Fisherman guided walleye shoots. ;D

Offline bowhuntken

• Team IceShanty Regular
in fisherman ice giude is on sportsman channel now
« Reply #38 on: Oct 03, 2011, 03:02 PM »
Woo hoo , bring on the ice
usmc 1989-1993

Offline zoeconner

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #40 on: Oct 03, 2011, 05:41 PM »
We have a big buck high fence operation not far from where I live.  They charge over $20,000 for a book buck.  Before I'd do that, I'd pay a farmer to shoot an angus.  With the left over cash I'd go to Winnipeg for those In-Fisherman guided walleye shoots. ;D
I pretty much quit hunting a few years ago. It has become cheaper to just buy beef instead since I don't process my own deer anymore.

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: in fisherman ice giude is on sportsman channel now
« Reply #41 on: Oct 03, 2011, 08:00 PM »
Do it your self, it is really easy.  Me, and the wife are both 65 (both of us have arthritis).  We can skin, bone, and break a deer down to primary cuts in under an hour.  I'll add another hour in the house breaking it down to finished cuts, wrapped and packaged.  If you don't want to mess with grinding, have a butcher grind it.  Mine charges .50 per pound and that's wrapped and packed.  The day I pay $75 plus the hide, then I'll quit too.

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #42 on: Oct 03, 2011, 09:32 PM »
Do it your self, it is really easy.  Me, and the wife are both 65 (both of us have arthritis).  We can skin, bone, and break a deer down to primary cuts in under an hour.  I'll add another hour in the house breaking it down to finished cuts, wrapped and packaged.  If you don't want to mess with grinding, have a butcher grind it.  Mine charges .50 per pound and that's wrapped and packed.  The day I pay $75 plus the hide, then I'll quit too.
I usually have it made into ring bologna and hot sticks plus some ground for chili. It runs around $190 for a decent sized deer. The wife and I don't mess with it any more. There are some people around here that take their deer to a processor and don't bother to pick up their meat when it is done. I can buy the finished product for the cost of processing it and don't have to mess with the butchering part of it. One of my friends hunted with six guys a couple years ago and left seven deer to be processed under his name. The processor called him to pick up his deer and he ended up paying for seven deer since no one else picked theirs up. I think he's still eating it.

Offline silvercliff_46

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Oct 04, 2011, 08:04 AM »
I usually have it made into ring bologna and hot sticks plus some ground for chili. It runs around $190 for a decent sized deer. The wife and I don't mess with it any more. There are some people around here that take their deer to a processor and don't bother to pick up their meat when it is done. I can buy the finished product for the cost of processing it and don't have to mess with the butchering part of it. One of my friends hunted with six guys a couple years ago and left seven deer to be processed under his name. The processor called him to pick up his deer and he ended up paying for seven deer since no one else picked theirs up. I think he's still eating it.

Yeah that's another thing I do..,make my own sausage.  What's the matter with those South Dakota deer.  Around here you got to arm wrestle for it.  Don't you guys have food pantries.  Heck even the DNR puts contact phone numbers on the back of the regs. where you can drop off deer.  Lots of folks hungry now days (Happy Days Are Here Again...., yeah right).

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #44 on: Oct 04, 2011, 08:41 AM »
Yeah that's another thing I do..,make my own sausage.  What's the matter with those South Dakota deer.  Around here you got to arm wrestle for it.  Don't you guys have food pantries.  Heck even the DNR puts contact phone numbers on the back of the regs. where you can drop off deer.  Lots of folks hungry now days (Happy Days Are Here Again...., yeah right).
We have a program here to give unwanted deer to folks who need them. My son applied for a buck license this year and ended up with a tripple doe tag. He sure isn't going to shoot three deer, but some people do and give one or two of them away.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.