Author Topic: I want a simple to use flasher, which one ?  (Read 5925 times)

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: I want a simple to use flasher, which one ?
« Reply #60 on: Feb 09, 2011, 10:12 AM »
everyone should care where a product is made....incase you forgot unemployment in this country is soaring.....but hey, who cares! :'(

I guess I should have worded that better, I don't care that a product is made in Japan, USA or Findland I buy the product based on quality, price and availabilty. I don't live in the USA and don't feel I need to support your economy any more then Japan or Finland. I have no quams against any American product ( I own a Marcum LX-5 and Vexilar FL-22) I can't stand when some individual "tells" me to buy this or that based on where its made and sounds like an ass while doing it.

Offline mrjohnny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • to cold for me to fish..i'm packin up
« Reply #61 on: Feb 09, 2011, 12:19 PM »
Too much information for my little brain to Handel
too much to remember...So I am just gonna get what
I can afford and go with a little portable hummingbird..
Rig it my way and go fishing..If it aint doing what I
want then it's my own damn fought...Johnny
too cold ....aint going out there..

Offline eyefinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:28 PM »
 "I don't live in the USA and don't feel I need to support your economy any more then Japan or Finland."

No you don't, but I bet if your country made a flasher, that's what you would own.....

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:45 PM »
"I don't live in the USA and don't feel I need to support your economy any more then Japan or Finland."

No you don't, but I bet if your country made a flasher, that's what you would own.....

Not necessarily. Again I look at quality,price and availabilty. I can buy a Canada Goose jacket made in Canada but at $900 Im quite happy with my Guide Gear parka thats made in China. Baffin Boots are also made in Canada but they are usually priced $100 more then a boot that will do the same.
Another point to make is some people don't like Marcum flashers and prefer Vexilar. Contrary to what's posted they do have their differences. I can list a few from my FL-22 to my LX-5 as well as list differences in my old LX-3 and FL-18. Some of these suttle differences mean alot to some.
We cry about companies leaving are countries and want them to come back and loose profits but us workers arent willing to loose some of our high wages or benifits...it sucks but its the truth. Happens here in Canada just like down in your country.

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Feb 09, 2011, 01:59 PM »
Well, eyefinder made his choice on a flasher and now comes the fun of learning how to use it to his advantage.

As to the rest of the crap in this thread, there is more than enough blame to go around for the reasons we are where we are today. Enough said?

Offline eyefinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 09, 2011, 02:36 PM »
That should be the fun part (learning). All this hot weather in Brazil and all this time on this web site is a bad combo. 2 weeks left feels like a year..

Again everybody,

Thanks for all the imput

Offline viciouscircle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • sure its thick enough to hold our weight, after u
« Reply #66 on: Feb 09, 2011, 03:34 PM »
Have fun with your Marcum Eyefinder.....you'll never want to fish without it....ever. :) :tipup:
   "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!"

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)
« Reply #67 on: Feb 09, 2011, 08:07 PM »
I guess I should have worded that better, I don't care that a product is made in Japan, USA or Findland I buy the product based on quality, price and availabilty. I don't live in the USA and don't feel I need to support your economy any more then Japan or Finland. I have no quams against any American product ( I own a Marcum LX-5 and Vexilar FL-22) I can't stand when some individual "tells" me to buy this or that based on where its made and sounds like an ass while doing it.

I guess I am the bad guy or an "ass" becasue I would liek to see people stand for something rather than just not caring. Our coutry is in rough shape right now and if we can help alittle by having a few guys switch from vex to marcum, than why not?

I cant really blame you for not caring as you dont live in the great US of A. But for me I will check the labels and buy american made. Heck I bought a roof rake today. One was $16 that was made in Thialand the other was $21 and made in america. It cost $5 more and about 5 seconds to find the label. I sent $21 to get split between menards and another american conpmay instead of menards splitting it with some asian country.

PS- if you are canadian you better hope america gets back on track. Shi+ flows north here.
Northern pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 09, 2011, 10:26 PM »

PS- if you are canadian you better hope america gets back on track. Shi+ flows north here.

I do hope your economy improves, I quite enjoy visitiing with my American friends and visiting your country. Im not really concerned about our country at the moment we have more then enogh jobs and outlook looks good. Sun shines on a dogs ass once in a while, we're the back end of the dog right now here in Sask.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #69 on: Feb 10, 2011, 07:49 AM »
well i have a vex and a 67 if he wants simple the 67 isn't a good starter unless you have a boat and sonars , i would say any flasher would fit his needs get a cheaper model ,i think vex is out of reconditioned ones ,they might have some 8,s left check their site

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.