The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: sunken shanty  (Read 7310 times)

Offline jvanhees

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: sunken shanty
« Reply #60 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:37 PM »
great job on the removal! hopefully all these  :'( people can find something else to whine about! some people just take things too far! exactly what is wrong with USA today! quick to judge others and try to call them out, so they feel better! where is the "real sportsman"?this guy  would have just been a good samaritan and pulled it off the ice before it fell through! the guys callin the co are prolly guys who are drinkin beer at the boat ramp laughing cause its sinking!  most of you are too busy catching a buzz to care! so maybe ill start taking pics of you drinkin on the ice then getting on ur fancy quad, in your boat or pick up! we can all make cowardly calls to authority! if you cannot resolve the matter without callin the law...maybe your not the right guy for the job!  my favorite saying from ol hank.."mind your own business, cause you aint got time to be mindin mine"   sorry fellas had a bad day feel like venting!
Ducks Unlimited - Huron Valley Chapter

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #61 on: Jan 04, 2011, 07:06 PM »
Everybody take a deep breath.  It could be worse.  You could be a Vikings fan and have your roof collapse, then have to use somebody else's stadium and then get beat by that somebody in the last game of the year.....
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline pzoch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Jan 04, 2011, 10:01 PM »
Great to hear all went well.Hope you enjoy the rest of the season.

Offline GotEmHooked

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Jan 04, 2011, 10:24 PM »
Everybody take a deep breath.  It could be worse.  You could be a Vikings fan and have your roof collapse, then have to use somebody else's stadium and then get beat by that somebody in the last game of the year.....
               Don't get us LIONS fans going!!....BUT THE HEARTACHE WILL BE OVER SOON 11-5 NEXT AND TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #64 on: Jan 05, 2011, 02:19 AM »
 :clap: Good job on the recovery!!!
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline dtownalltheway

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:10 AM »
great job on the removal! hopefully all these  :'( people can find something else to whine about! some people just take things too far! exactly what is wrong with USA today! quick to judge others and try to call them out, so they feel better! where is the "real sportsman"?this guy  would have just been a good samaritan and pulled it off the ice before it fell through! the guys callin the co are prolly guys who are drinkin beer at the boat ramp laughing cause its sinking!  most of you are too busy catching a buzz to care! so maybe ill start taking pics of you drinkin on the ice then getting on ur fancy quad, in your boat or pick up! we can all make cowardly calls to authority! if you cannot resolve the matter without callin the law...maybe your not the right guy for the job!  my favorite saying from ol hank.."mind your own business, cause you aint got time to be mindin mine"    sorry fellas had a bad day feel like venting!

AMEN BROTHER!!!

Offline dtownalltheway

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:12 AM »
               Don't get us LIONS fans going!!....BUT THE HEARTACHE WILL BE OVER SOON 11-5 NEXT AND TO THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Playoffs.....PLAYOFFS?!?!?!?!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #67 on: Jan 05, 2011, 07:39 AM »
now you guys got a story to go with the shack .get that thing out on safe ice and catch some fish...getting that shack out of the ice is what a reel sportsman  would do.

Offline 53andout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Time spent fishing is not deducted from the total
« Reply #68 on: Jan 05, 2011, 09:12 AM »
his name was on it but he tore it off  and yeah i was thinking more structure also lol  but the problem is it didnt sink all the way there is still about 12 inches of one corner sticking out and we tried to sink it the rest of the way but couldnt

tic tic tic.....

thank you and no need to bash me anymore my friend who is my neighbor got it out thismorning and just for the record he did check on it everyday and 12 hours before that it was fine but anyhow its out now and thanks to those who had suggestions and not criticism

now you guys got a story to go with the shack .get that thing out on safe ice and catch some fish...getting that shack out of the ice is what a reel sportsman  would do.

Shamed in to being a sportsman... take it. :o
Bruster

Offline USMC 1371

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Jan 05, 2011, 09:21 AM »
Saw a big shanty still sunk in Morrison yesterday.

Offline mydogisscout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 05, 2011, 12:34 PM »
and bigfoot just ran through my livingroom lol! I heard Favre is only faking retirement and will be starting for the lions next year ;)

Offline GotEmHooked

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 05, 2011, 04:32 PM »
and bigfoot just ran through my livingroom lol! I heard Favre is only faking retirement and will be starting for the lions next year ;)
                           I WISH!!!......but if Stafford isnt a fragiel freddy we will be alright....D-line is frightening

Offline the harvester

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 05, 2011, 05:00 PM »

Shamed in to being a sportsman... take it. :o
i was not shamed into anything it was not even my shanty nor did i go and get it out i had to work or i would have :P :P and thanks again guys for the helpful info

Offline the harvester

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 05, 2011, 05:03 PM »
Saw a big shanty still sunk in Morrison yesterday.
well you had better go and get a name and call the dnr or you will not be looked upon as a sportsmen lol just kidding

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #74 on: Jan 06, 2011, 05:00 AM »

i was not shamed into anything it was not even my shanty nor did i go and get it out i had to work or i would have :P :P and thanks again guys for the helpful info

so who said this?

we tried to sink it the rest of the way but couldnt

You can see where the confusion comes from?

HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline terry fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Jan 06, 2011, 05:16 AM »
Hey just curious? what was the method of removal of the shanty.
Fish on !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.