The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: sunken shanty  (Read 7312 times)

Offline superslabs

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: sunken shanty
« Reply #30 on: Jan 02, 2011, 07:46 PM »
And burn eight inches of the shanty? ??? What about the remainder??? I'd put at least an effort into retrieving it! I've obtained a permanent shanty and a Strike Zone portable through the ice from someone else's lack of responsibility.
Relax! I love it how uptight you people are on here these days.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #31 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:02 PM »
hahaha. I understand. Didn't mean to sound uptight.  But seriously should make the effort was all I was sayin! Hand built permanent shanties are too sacred to lose to the water!!!!
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Offline Tree Toad

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 02, 2011, 08:13 PM »
hey toad and walleye wacker as i already said before we are going to try and retrieve it and if we cant i already gps it and we are going to take some barrels with us to tie it to and pull it to shore in the spring and No we are not the a holes that leave garbage all over the ice but thanks for passing a little judgement our way and the hole is marked by 4 christmas trees so i think the snowmobilers will be ok
So if your going to retrieve it why then did he remove his name?

Offline terry fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 03, 2011, 04:32 AM »
Check u tube for video on removing ice shanty, there might be one. Make sure it gets out of the water because its dangerous now and will be in the spring to  boaters.  (SOLUTION), Anchor down the rear of a quad to the Ice using a strap and a board under the ice. Get 2 long 2x6 and slide them down one side of the shanty till they pass the bottom of the shanty but still stick out of the water a few feet. Attach a towing strap to the shanty. Use the winch on the quad to slide the shanty up the 2x6s onto the ice. Be sure to spud or saw the ice around the shanty to give it ample room to move up the boards.  I have seen this done on lake Simcoe it worked great and it was fast. Good luck and be safe.
Fish on !

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #34 on: Jan 03, 2011, 07:32 AM »
his name was on it but he tore it off  and yeah i was thinking more structure also lol  but the problem is it didnt sink all the way there is still about 12 inches of one corner sticking out and we tried to sink it the rest of the way but couldnt
I think this remark bothered me the most.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #35 on: Jan 03, 2011, 07:44 AM »
its not like it cant be done.get out there and get it before the ice get reel thick. i helped someone a few years back and it took a spud and some strap and a quad.or some friends if ya dont have a quad.

Offline walleye wacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAGS UP!!!!
« Reply #36 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:36 AM »
I think this remark bothered me the most.
[/quote/]

I totally agree him that CP dude and a couple others have no respect what so ever structure? F ,in idiots I hope no one hits the corner with a sled or quad

"We have to go NOW!!!"  ......."HOLD ON JUST ONE MORE!!!!

Offline jdepoy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:39 AM »
I gave the DNR field office your screen-name....Expect an inquiry

Offline walleye wacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAGS UP!!!!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:59 AM »

Nice ;D

Offline jvanhees

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 03, 2011, 10:05 AM »
Relax! I love it how uptight you people are on here these days.

no chit, but thats the most entertaining to me  ;D
Ducks Unlimited - Huron Valley Chapter

Offline pzoch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Jan 03, 2011, 04:36 PM »
Sounds like there should be a shanty raising party soon
with all the replys on this thread we could darn near raise
the Titanic.
If you need help getting it out,just ask for assistance
from everybody on the site.Have a meet ,save a shanty,and fish party
on a Saturday coming soon and see who RSVP's
have some beer ,pop and bbq some dogs or have a community fish fry.
Hell,make it a fun day.

Offline the harvester

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:12 PM »
thanks for all the concern but he is going out to try and get it tomorrow morning and he called the dnr this morning to let them know it went down and of his plan to get it out so i will be very surprised to hear from them but thanks anyhow

Offline superslabs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Nice work Ranger Rick!!!! The thing has only been in there a few days. The ice is more than likely a bit unsafe to be bringing a bunch of people and machines around the shanty. Besides he has 30 days to get it out.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Offline jdepoy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:40 PM »
Nice work Ranger Rick!!!! The thing has only been in there a few days. The ice is more than likely a bit unsafe to be bringing a bunch of people and machines around the shanty. Besides he has 30 days to get it out.

Ripping off name plates, bragging about making structure, asking for ways to sink it...Sure sounds like they planned on getting it out. Notifying the DNR just makes sure that it won't be a safety hazard for responsible sportsmen and women on the lake.

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:44 PM »
Hey you may as well get the names of the dudes sinkin trees , and the speeder on the e way if you got time   :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:  just sayin.  Sorry I thought it was funny.

Offline jdepoy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:50 PM »
yeah, it's hillarious wrecking a lower unit because of someone's carelessness...Can I send you the bill? or would that not be funny?

Offline Capt J

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:53 PM »
Just trying to add some levity.  Dont take it personal.  (did i spell that right?)

Offline Playin_Hooky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 04, 2011, 01:02 AM »
yeah, it's hillarious wrecking a lower unit because of someone's carelessness...Can I send you the bill? or would that not be funny?

I'm sure you have always been honest and never made a mistake in your life right? Because last time I checked humans make mistakes. I'm pretty sure he didn't build that shanty, leave valuable equipment inside with a nice wood stove in it. Then Spend countless hours setting it up and getting on the lake just to let it sink. Just remember when you go calling the DNR or local police Dept on people KARMA is a b***h. Because michigan is broke and if there wasting there gas and man hours to come out on a call they are going to make it worth there time while there on the lake. So they go out there and find the Shanty. We already know there's no name on it. So what do they do? they start questioning guys on the lake. Maybe writing tickets that normally they would let slide. Because they are gonna make it worth there while. I'm not saying he was right just to let it sink. But if he was really being shady about the whole deal they would have stripped the name of the damn thing and not said anything to anyone. He was trying to get insite on what he should do? Which is what this advise board is about. I think he should make an effort to get it out personally. I don't wanna buy a new prop either. But I don't want anyone to die or falling through thin ice getting it out either. Remember that's why it fell through thin ice?  Would you want that on your conceice? Maybe next time we will call you Mr. Obvious when we have a question about morals?
Screaming drags and tip-ups flyin all winter long that's what I'm all about ~* Dustin Wright *~

Offline MEMAGGIENCOMET

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Jan 04, 2011, 01:15 AM »
I don't get it was this guy asking for approval to let it sink. If it was my perm i would of at least checked on it everyday and mine is 15 miles away from my house. I would of never put it out or have check on it if the ice is bad.  I have no comment about anything else.

Offline Fishurman63

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Jan 04, 2011, 05:57 AM »
Right is right if nobody is doing it.......and wrong is wrong if everybody is doing it!   However it sank, the right thing to do would be to just remove it. 

Offline Tree Toad

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:23 AM »
Talk about putting your foot in your mouth!  LoL.   Think about how many shacks go in lakes every spring because people are too lazy to go get them.   Atleast this guy was making an effort!   Information and know how is half the battle.  All he would of had to do is not mention the taking the name off part and he wouldn't of got slammed so hard.   All the talk about sinking it using it for structure and someone getting hurt because of it.....and nobody even thought to ask how deep the water is there.  Some guys would rather just be cop calling...back turning....cowardly fools then even lift a pinky finger to try and help the guy out.   All the effort to type hate messages and call cops and cry to everyone.....u could of helped the shack be out of the water!      If I was a little closer id give the guy a hand instead of trying to get him in trouble and waiste the tax dollar time!       Just my two cents!      I never did like tattle tales......they have no back bone or dignity.   Anyone can be the pain in the butt person who complains and calls cops all the time......A real person could help a guy out!
Woa dude! Far Out!

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:31 AM »
This reminds me of the Poss/Limit thread that was going on last year about the two older guys who got fish from a younger guy and the DNR CO watched and then tried to issue a ticket.... Anyways. If Anybody know anything about this lake (Hubbard lake I thought) its a year round lake and if some is sticking up that means it's porlly still in the swimming area's. I would make every effort to get it out, whether within 30 days or after don't wait til spring. The DNR many years ago did do quite a bit to provide/create some structure for fish (smaller fish) they put in cages, but it's still a big stinkin lake. When the ice gets safe there, it gets safe and lots of ice as well ( at least the last time I was there in the winter!)

Offline dtownalltheway

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:36 AM »
What is all the hate about? This guy made a joke about just sinking it and making structure. Let's remember he was on here asking about how to get it out.....AND it wasn't even HIS shanty. It was a friend of his. The guy is getting it out...quit hating on him.

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #53 on: Jan 04, 2011, 07:09 AM »
In Michigan the names on a permanent shanty are suppose to be painted directly on the structure. Not on a board that can be removed easily. So how did he take the name off the shanty?
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline the harvester

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 04, 2011, 01:54 PM »
What is all the hate about? This guy made a joke about just sinking it and making structure. Let's remember he was on here asking about how to get it out.....AND it wasn't even HIS shanty. It was a friend of his. The guy is getting it out...quit hating on him.
thank you and no need to bash me anymore my friend who is my neighbor got it out thismorning and just for the record he did check on it everyday and 12 hours before that it was fine but anyhow its out now and thanks to those who had suggestions and not criticism

Offline walleye wacker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAGS UP!!!!
« Reply #55 on: Jan 04, 2011, 01:56 PM »
thank you and no need to bash me anymore my friend who is my neighbor got it out thismorning and just for the record he did check on it everyday and 12 hours before that it was fine but anyhow its out now and thanks to those who had suggestions and not criticism

Good job at least u guys manned up and got it

Offline Ranger482v

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 04, 2011, 04:12 PM »
I commend you guys for getting the thing out.There is a lake not far from me (Little fisher) it has 2-3 in the center and it is only 10-12ft deep. If some one jumped in the water unaware the thing was there something bad could happen :tipup:

Offline 187fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 04, 2011, 04:55 PM »
great job on the removal! hopefully all these  :'( people can find something else to whine about! some people just take things too far! exactly what is wrong with USA today! quick to judge others and try to call them out, so they feel better! where is the "real sportsman"?this guy  would have just been a good samaritan and pulled it off the ice before it fell through! the guys callin the co are prolly guys who are drinkin beer at the boat ramp laughing cause its sinking!  most of you are too busy catching a buzz to care! so maybe ill start taking pics of you drinkin on the ice then getting on ur fancy quad, in your boat or pick up! we can all make cowardly calls to authority! if you cannot resolve the matter without callin the law...maybe your not the right guy for the job!  my favorite saying from ol hank.."mind your own business, cause you aint got time to be mindin mine"    sorry fellas had a bad day feel like venting!

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #58 on: Jan 04, 2011, 05:53 PM »
great job on the removal! hopefully all these  :'( people can find something else to whine about! some people just take things too far! exactly what is wrong with USA today! quick to judge others and try to call them out, so they feel better! where is the "real sportsman"?this guy  would have just been a good samaritan and pulled it off the ice before it fell through! the guys callin the co are prolly guys who are drinkin beer at the boat ramp laughing cause its sinking!  most of you are too busy catching a buzz to care! so maybe ill start taking pics of you drinkin on the ice then getting on ur fancy quad, in your boat or pick up! we can all make cowardly calls to authority! if you cannot resolve the matter without callin the law...maybe your not the right guy for the job!  my favorite saying from ol hank.."mind your own business, cause you aint got time to be mindin mine"    sorry fellas had a bad day feel like venting!

No problem, you brightened my day with a good laugh...  :sick: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #59 on: Jan 04, 2011, 06:07 PM »
Here in Flint SNITCHES GET STITCHES!!!..and wake up in ditches!
words to live by..lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.