The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Vt. Fish & Game strike's again.  (Read 4949 times)

Offline DyingBreed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DYING BREED
Re: Vt. Fish & Game strike's again.
« Reply #30 on: Jan 03, 2011, 07:56 AM »
Now we're talking  ;)  Let's add a tax to the skiing industry (& other outdoor sporting items  :whistle: ) & milk the flat-landers to help benefit our F&W  ;D
AMEN. Why do we foot the burden so ALL can enjoy. Now that's profileing........and that's just wrong  !!! :woot:
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy !  Fish on, gotta go ..........!!!

Offline mikefishon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2011, 09:43 AM »
my buddie just bought his nh fishing only for $35 that's steep!!!

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #32 on: Jan 03, 2011, 12:15 PM »
I think VT license is a bargain.  :tipup:

Offline seayaknh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 03, 2011, 12:48 PM »
non-resident went up to $45 from $41.00  in 2010

Offline fishingrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 03, 2011, 02:57 PM »
I fish Penn non-resident , NY non-resident, VT non-resident and NJ resident so I know what it cost to fish and no I don't think the money I spend should go anywhere else than to the fish and game fund BUT I pay because I LIKE TO FISH if I go to another state I pay the cost of the tag it's cheaper than the fine and morally it what should be done .If your state allows you to sell fish then it's legal just don't waste em or fish a place out and then b***h that the state doesn't maintain the fish population pan fish for the most part are self propagating 
If your going to go out with the boys,You better get up with the men.

Offline anglerross

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 03, 2011, 03:11 PM »
Do canoes and kayaks pay towards the cost of the access areas? They really need to be regulated and trained-most have no clue as to boating rules. Sometimes I just stop trolling and let them  pass,it's just easier.If enforcement people check them on the water why aren't they paying something for all the state does to keep the water safe and the access areas accessible.

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #36 on: Jan 03, 2011, 04:03 PM »
Now we're talking  ;)  Let's add a tax to the skiing industry (& other outdoor sporting items  :whistle: ) & milk the flat-landers to help benefit our F&W  ;D

Lets keep the tax to ski and snowboarding stuff, lots of flat landers like to do that stuff.

Offline getreeled

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rocks!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 03, 2011, 04:05 PM »
Still cheaper than therapy !!!!!!   So far !!!! :cookoo:

100% Agree

Offline fishingrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 03, 2011, 05:14 PM »
that therapy stuff made me nuts, hey what about bicycles driving on the roads they pay no road tax for gas no registration get no tickets for disobeying laws etc and in NYC they now have their lanes in the streets.
If your going to go out with the boys,You better get up with the men.

Offline icejumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 03, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Well boy's I made it three day's not buying a  license . Then the wife broke out the honey to do list. Well looks like that list is going to get longer.lol   

Offline bradleyroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 03, 2011, 07:58 PM »
       All of you who sold fish filed that on your tax return?   

Of course! Cheating on your taxes in any way, shape, or form is illegal! And of course we wouldn't want to break any law, ever, for any reason whatsoever!

Offline wilec

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • support our troops
« Reply #41 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:13 PM »
Selling perch helped me pay for books last year.

As far as license prices going up, I wonder how much more it costs to print the law digest on gloss paper and what not. One thing that could possibly bring in alot of money to the state and ease the burden would be a slight sportsma's tax on all outdoor gear including uch things as ski and tents as well a the hunting and fishing gear- just an idea since those other types of recreation use the environment as we do...
they told us this book was cheaper to make if you can believe that ???

Offline bradleyroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 03, 2011, 08:39 PM »
they told us this book was cheaper to make if you can believe that ???

I believe that the incorporation of all the ads in it made it so they could produce a better book that's easier to manage and nicer looking while not taking more of our money to do it. I don't know what they got for all the ads, but I know if you look at this one compared to a few years ago, you see a TON more ads, which probably covered it, and are good for the businesses that advertise their. Although, I remember maybe 8 years ago when the rulebook was one little pamphlet that fit in your pocket, no bigger than the "Baitfish of Vermont" pamphlet they have now! I Miss those days!! :-\

Offline Fish-On-VT

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Duff Shack!
« Reply #43 on: Jan 04, 2011, 05:58 AM »
Although, I remember maybe 8 years ago when the rulebook was one little pamphlet that fit in your pocket, no bigger than the "Baitfish of Vermont" pamphlet they have now! I Miss those days!! :-\

Tip Up !!! :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.