Author Topic: Lake Scugog 2011-update  (Read 19395 times)

Offline icerice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • love simcoe
Re: Lake Scugog 2011-update
« Reply #60 on: Jan 05, 2011, 08:58 AM »
Damn eyes bite my hook, at least i feel better about getting skunked on jan 1. Im on a mission sat to move arround and get some dinner on the table. Hows the bait situation up there. Last time i went we booked a hut that came with bait, coming with arsenal of tackle.
walking on water, just like the big man!!!

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 06, 2011, 08:08 PM »
Damn eyes bite my hook, at least i feel better about getting skunked on jan 1. Im on a mission sat to move arround and get some dinner on the table. Hows the bait situation up there. Last time i went we booked a hut that came with bait, coming with arsenal of tackle.

walleye on the menu.  nailed one 4 lb'er in a rap forage minnow, perch color, other wise quiet.  tryied to cal them in with rap and use minnow beside it as bait. quiet out, mot too amny out tonight, tomorrow will be busy and the weekend.  tight lines lads!  joe,i may be overt here tomorrow, hope to see ya.  Joel

Offline icerice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • love simcoe
« Reply #62 on: Jan 06, 2011, 09:36 PM »
Dude get out there and stir em up for me im bringin guests sat i :tipup: cant get stumped 2 trips in a row lol, enjoy dinner.

Offline cff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 07, 2011, 06:18 AM »
My son and I are heading up to try the cesarea side tonight. Gonna try deep(ish) then move shallow as it gets dark.. We've been going to simcoe lately targetting perch. Time to try for some walters on waters closer to home.

Offline Airs24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:20 PM »
Ventured down to Scugog and fished from 3:00 to 6:00.   Didn't catch any walleye.  I was constantly marking perch and even managed a few on the big jigging rap. I went to try and hook into a few eyes but maybe next time.   Lots of people out today! 

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • when hell freezes over i will ice fish there too
« Reply #65 on: Jan 09, 2011, 10:58 AM »
was out again last night out by 7 mile ... managed 1 nice max keeper walleye and 1 small crappie, my buddy next to me got 2 nice keeper walley.. and had to throw one back .. since season opener the group i fish with have not been skunked,, we are not getting alot of fish but the ones we get are real good walleye, will be back out again during the week ...
ice fishing season ,,what wife????

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 09, 2011, 01:21 PM »
my buddy near you last night got 3 nice eyes and lost a 5 lber!! the bite was on!

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 09, 2011, 05:06 PM »
my buddy near you last night got 3 nice eyes and lost a 5 lber!! the bite was on!

you gotta just hate losing a biggen !! ,

Offline icerice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • love simcoe
« Reply #68 on: Jan 10, 2011, 09:09 AM »
Well glad to hear someone else is catchin 2 trips to the bog, redeemed ourselves sat on a 2-11 6 lines in 1 keeper eye. We were marking big ones and some decent gators floatin by for a visit. Might have to do a aft on sat again, start off simcoe and if the bite is right or joe edge 700 puts me on fish lol, see what i can do. Any pics joeedge700 ? Loved those jan 1 fish. Keep at and tight lines. J

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 10, 2011, 10:12 AM »
Going to ball point tonight with 3 guys. Gonna get some eyes!  Keep ya posted.

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 10, 2011, 11:48 AM »
Going to ball point tonight with 3 guys. Gonna get some eyes!  Keep ya posted.

joel , i just drove all over the lake from view lake to port and never saw your hut.. where are ya ? ur gonna be out by ball point tonight?

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 10, 2011, 11:52 AM »
Well glad to hear someone else is catchin 2 trips to the bog, redeemed ourselves sat on a 2-11 6 lines in 1 keeper eye. We were marking big ones and some decent gators floatin by for a visit. Might have to do a aft on sat again, start off simcoe and if the bite is right or joe edge 700 puts me on fish lol, see what i can do. Any pics joeedge700 ? Loved those jan 1 fish. Keep at and tight lines. J

cant give up my secret spots icerice.. lol just kidding , it seems to have slowed for us , im drilling holes in the weeds trying to find pockets,in about 6 ft of water, seems to be working anyways, not getting alot but getting all keepers,,,, no pics  forgot the camera,, next time i wont forget it  what part of the lake are you fishing???

Offline icerice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • love simcoe
« Reply #72 on: Jan 10, 2011, 05:47 PM »
we went to ceaserea side 1km from boat launch 7fow, 2 bites 1 eyes
 on tip up, but we were marking big fish . im on a mission to get one on my new tip up. i took my neighbor out last weekend and he just dropped by and told me even though he caught no fish, he gave me a 12yr old bottle of glenlivet mmm, he had fun. Good times J

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 10, 2011, 08:23 PM »
was out again tonight and got a 24'' muskie , 3 small crappie, 2 very small perch, and one 50cm wally,,ill try to post a pic of the wally but its on my cell phone and i dont know how to get it off the cell and on the comp..... ;D

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 11, 2011, 09:21 AM »
Nice !  We got one perch and a 15 " eye. Nothing eles
My hit is a dark green camo leave with a Fisk Skelton bones on door. Sounds like ur doing awesome!!

Offline bassassasin14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Jan 11, 2011, 09:26 AM »
Any one interested in going for a fish on scugog? I am new to the area. I go to school in oshawa. I was at scugog yesterday drove on the lake but i had no idea where to fish. let me know

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 11, 2011, 04:50 PM »
Any one interested in going for a fish on scugog? I am new to the area. I go to school in oshawa. I was at scugog yesterday drove on the lake but i had no idea where to fish. let me know
[/quote

Yup we could do that. What part s lake can u get to? Ocean

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Jan 11, 2011, 06:59 PM »
i will be back at er on thursday afternoon , then i think friday till sunday,, me thnk theres gonna be a party on the ice mates,,,, few friends are coming from all over the place,,,probably be about 15 of us or more !!!! :o ;D

Offline bassassasin14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Jan 11, 2011, 09:12 PM »
[/quote

Yup we could do that. What part s lake can u get to? Ocean

I was down by a marina?  I drove onto the lake via a boat launch. There was a round-about near the launch? not sure. I came in near down town port perry.

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:31 AM »
Ran into a guy last night near ball point. He said he seen ice 4 " thick in places. We are seeing guys in cars and trucks and that dangerous. Becarful out there. There are currents and eddies that can make for thin ice. Even my hut now off ball point only has 7-8 inches. Ocean out!

Offline icerice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • love simcoe
« Reply #80 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:59 PM »
So if the bite is quiet for me sat on simcoe whers the party ocean and joe edge?

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Jan 15, 2011, 09:16 AM »
So if the bite is quiet for me sat on simcoe whers the party ocean and joe edge?
  right now we are at hole in the wall ,, was out last night and got SKUNKED for the first time this year ,,,grrrrr,,, friends around me did crappy too,  there was about 15 of us and i think when i left there was only 4 walleye caught,,  think i might try back at 7 mile tonight,,,but then maybe i will party it up at hole in wall,,

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Jan 15, 2011, 09:25 PM »
Hey man. Whats a hole in the wall?  3 of us skunked tonight by goeskies  One tiny perch. Getting frustrated. Hope u do well !! Talk soon. Tons of snow out there! Slush coming !

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Jan 16, 2011, 07:43 AM »
Hey man. Whats a hole in the wall?  3 of us skunked tonight by goeskies  One tiny perch. Getting frustrated. Hope u do well !! Talk soon. Tons of snow out there! Slush coming !

do you know where the pressure crack is by the mouth of the nonquon is?? its just north of there on the west side,, didnt do much there in 2 days i got 1 walleye, it was perch heaven though,,,, not much size to them but constant..
 if u see the sleds going into the trail across from goereskie thats hole in the wall.. think im gonna go back and try more at 7 mile island..

Offline Brutus77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Jan 16, 2011, 09:04 AM »
do you know where the pressure crack is by the mouth of the nonquon is?? its just north of there on the west side,, didnt do much there in 2 days i got 1 walleye, it was perch heaven though,,,, not much size to them but constant..
 if u see the sleds going into the trail across from goereskie thats hole in the wall.. think im gonna go back and try more at 7 mile island..
Hey there,
I was fishing with Ocean last night and getting skunked sucks.  The hole in the wall...Is it a pub?  Can you buy food there etc...?  My hut is by Goreskis...What's your secret?

Offline Brutus77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Jan 16, 2011, 09:07 AM »

Hey Joel, I am registered now.  Good luck tonight.  I might see you later if getting no luck at my hut.  Only can fish until 1900 as I play hockey at 2100. 

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 16, 2011, 09:42 AM »

Thanks Joe, I will look for hole in the wall. Do u fish right around the pressure crack? Sounds interesting thanks bro!

Offline mikemay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Jan 16, 2011, 01:44 PM »
Ocean how's the bite over at ball point? Been spending hours moving the hut around and skunk after skunk. I haven't try ball point yet but am thinking of making the move. I am south of Washburn Island now.

Cheers
Mike

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #88 on: Jan 16, 2011, 02:19 PM »
I was averaging one eye a night, but skunked more than not!!  Really frustrating really.  Same I hewar all over.  some night are rocket hot, but then dead quiet. No jumbos, no crappie, no muskie..  going out now hopefull cold temps have firred her up!!! see you there maybe.

Offline mikemay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Jan 16, 2011, 02:41 PM »
Good luck out there tonight Ocean. Please post back results if you get a chance and I will do the same if I ever get a fish LOL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.