Author Topic: Lake Scugog 2011-update  (Read 19410 times)

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • when hell freezes over i will ice fish there too
Re: Lake Scugog 2011-update
« Reply #90 on: Jan 16, 2011, 04:21 PM »
Thanks Joe, I will look for hole in the wall. Do u fish right around the pressure crack? Sounds interesting thanks bro!

no we dont fish near the crack its more the runway for sleds lol.. hole in the wall is just a spot where it goes from 6-7fow to about 5-4 fow with a lot of weeds around  if you find the drop off points its decent fishing but this weekend seemed to suck... if you have a GPS you can find a spot at hole in the wall where there is a hump in the middle only about 2-3 fow, fish all around that hump and you do ok ,,,, some years have been really good there but then some have been crap,
ice fishing season ,,what wife????

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Jan 16, 2011, 06:03 PM »
Good luck out there tonight Ocean. Please post back results if you get a chance and I will do the same if I ever get a fish LOL

totally skunked not a bite or a bell tingle.  I am moving shalllow, not sure whats going on .  last year in this spot was hot.  wheres the bite???

Offline bassassasin14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #92 on: Jan 16, 2011, 09:44 PM »
Any one want to head out monday around 2 or 3 from port perry for a fish? Im new to the lake. if your going out let me know maybe we can meet up. Ill have a few buddys with me.

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #93 on: Jan 17, 2011, 05:45 PM »
go to work bud, sorry. good luck however!

Offline Brutus77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Jan 19, 2011, 07:04 PM »
go to work bud, sorry. good luck however!

Luck is what we seem to need.  I have thrown everything I had at the buggers.  Have got a couple nice ones but missed a few nice ones also.  Hope things turn around for the month of Feb.

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Jan 19, 2011, 07:14 PM »
yup skunked agian tonight.  crap.

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Jan 19, 2011, 08:39 PM »
yup skunked agian tonight.  crap.

hey joel , i sent you a text tonight but i think i sent it to ur home phone #, i was running late and didnt hit the ice till 5 pm, just me and 1 buddy, got 1 crappie, 1 keeper walleye and had to throw 2 yes i said 2 59cm walleye man did that ever hurt throwing those back !!!!! but one was male and one was female so they will live another day to populate our lake !!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Jan 20, 2011, 07:24 AM »
wow!!! did not get text when you going aqgain?

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Jan 20, 2011, 07:43 AM »
wow!!! did not get text when you going aqgain?

i might go today im not sure yet , my father inlaw and bro inlaw and 2 of his friends are going today, not sure my plans as of yet,, do u have a cell number joel? prob be easyier to get ahold of you, i think the number you gave me is ur house number,, dont help me much when ur on the ice lol...

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Jan 20, 2011, 08:11 AM »
Sorry I meant I can go tonight ! Lol

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #100 on: Jan 20, 2011, 08:14 AM »
Sorry I meant I can go tonight ! Lol

ya i figured that lol.. ill see what i can do about going tonight,, do you have any tip-ups??? thats all we use , u need to get some , i think wallymart, has them, or u have to go to lebarons in oshawa to get some 15.99$$ but well worth it ..

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Jan 21, 2011, 12:03 PM »
was out last night with joel aka ocean.... and we SLAMMED them on the lake from 3pm till 11 pm,,, got 4 big bass, a 3.5 ft muskie, nice perch , and 7 nice walleye and 2 over size walleye,, we gave that lake a butt kicking last night  !!!!!!!!! great fishing with you joel and we will do it again !!!!! sorry guys  cant give away my secret spot on the lake !!!!!!!!!!

Offline Icer™

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Jan 21, 2011, 01:02 PM »
All on tip-ups?

Offline joshuajonah

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Jan 21, 2011, 07:25 PM »
All on tip-ups?
Nothing but. Hi Joe ;)

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #104 on: Jan 21, 2011, 07:32 PM »
Nothing but. Hi Joe ;)
josh my favorite brother inlaw !! welcome to ice shanty !!!!!!!!!!! we rocked that lake last night !!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Icer™

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #105 on: Jan 21, 2011, 08:13 PM »
Nothing but. Hi Joe ;)

Kool & thank you! And welcome!

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Jan 21, 2011, 08:32 PM »
Kool & thank you! And welcome!

Icer for the last 4 years we have not caught anything jigging or on anything other then our good old tip-ups,, and they way we tie our lines,,  PRESENTATION is the key to this lake !!!!!!!!!!!! and shiners for minnows !!!!!!!!

Offline Icer™

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #107 on: Jan 21, 2011, 08:39 PM »
Icer for the last 4 years we have not caught anything jigging or on anything other then our good old tip-ups,, and they way we tie our lines,,  PRESENTATION is the key to this lake !!!!!!!!!!!! and shiners for minnows !!!!!!!!

Appreciate the good info.! ty

Offline mikemay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #108 on: Jan 22, 2011, 01:21 PM »
Are you the guys that set up like 8 tip ups near my hut LOL always a truck there?. Lost a nice one at the hole on Thursday other then that nothing. What is the secret to presentation with the tips ups? please share. I am 1 km south of washburn with the 50 other huts

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #109 on: Jan 22, 2011, 03:12 PM »
Are you the guys that set up like 8 tip ups near my hut LOL always a truck there?. Lost a nice one at the hole on Thursday other then that nothing. What is the secret to presentation with the tips ups? please share. I am 1 km south of washburn with the 50 other huts
no i  fish the other side of the lake ,, presentation is the way we tie our lines , i couldn't explain it on here to complicated.. just the less line for the fish to see the better

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #110 on: Jan 23, 2011, 06:07 AM »
Nothing but. Hi Joe ;)

hey Josh, good to see ya on shanty,,,,great bunch of guys here.  thanks for the tips and great education other night, won't be forgotten.,,,,,

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Jan 23, 2011, 06:51 AM »
was out last night with joel aka ocean.... and we SLAMMED them on the lake from 3pm till 11 pm,,, got 4 big bass, a 3.5 ft muskie, nice perch , and 7 nice walleye and 2 over size walleye,, we gave that lake a butt kicking last night  !!!!!!!!! great fishing with you joel and we will do it again !!!!! sorry guys  cant give away my secret spot on the lake !!!!!!!!!!

I learned more in one night than I have in 3 years.  I have done a 180.  Thanks Joe, you guys rock.

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #112 on: Jan 23, 2011, 10:09 PM »
Lads be careful out there. She's cold but still thin in spots.  Tip of s Scugog island is iffy. Trucks/cars beware

Offline joe edge700

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #113 on: Jan 24, 2011, 10:50 AM »
 2 trucks went through around tip of island on saturday BE CAREFULL out there..

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Feb 09, 2011, 10:33 PM »
Hey everyone. Update for scugog. Went out today on buddies 600 yamaha  quad with big lugs on tires.   Lots of snow out there and when the temp climbs we have slush city on scugog.  Even with this cold I still ran into deep slush pits today, kind if scary- quads be wary. Have not been fishing since storm as my quad is just terrible in this deep snow. Pulled the hut off before that big snow storm last week- good thing because I would never have got her off in the conditions now. Good luck. Hopefully fishing this weekend. Might be getting a sled!

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #115 on: Feb 20, 2011, 08:48 PM »
Wind has blown lots of huts over onto their sides (some right upside down) and has blown some a few hundred meters aways from original spots.  Real messs out there.  Hard crispy rough ice everywhere with some thick shush underneath. Some real Deep drifts at shortlines, got two sleds stuck this am. I think there is some snow callled for which is welcome!   Good luck lads. ocean out.

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Mar 05, 2011, 10:17 AM »
2 nights , 2 walleye ( 0ne let go one lost at hole damn second hook )  4 cr crappy and a jumbo all on minnows . not bad for one guy. Ice rink out there. Should be skating in stead of sledding lol. Port hoover guy is done for minnows. Lindsay prob best guy at Kawartha bait. And Tackel. ... Lots of ice. Pan fish still hot! Ocean ps warm weather is nice, no need for hut ! Tight lines. Ocean.

Offline Ocean

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #117 on: Mar 07, 2011, 07:36 PM »
Lake still has great ice. Some bare ice spots and some nice powder.  Saw one small pressure crack over by kings bay. Traveled from ball point to port today no probes. Slush is mostly frozen. Car stuck out by gretzky s. Lol. What a mess! Why would any one take car that far? Man. Later guys

Offline Jeffy14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #118 on: Mar 09, 2011, 08:27 AM »
Hey Guys,
New member here and looking forward to contributing to the board.  First off, though, I'm looking for some help on who to fish with on Scugog.  Four of us are looking for an operator to put us on crappie and walleye next Sunday and curious as to who you figure would be best.  Please let me know when you get a minute.
Thanks in advance,
Jeffy

Offline Canadianiceguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #119 on: Mar 09, 2011, 09:55 AM »
Hey Guys,
New member here and looking forward to contributing to the board.  First off, though, I'm looking for some help on who to fish with on Scugog.  Four of us are looking for an operator to put us on crappie and walleye next Sunday and curious as to who you figure would be best.  Please let me know when you get a minute.
Thanks in advance,
Jeffy
Welcome to the board.
hate to say this but Walleye ended on Feb 28 and all permanent huts were off ice on the March 1st. i doubt they will take you out now but here is one.
http://www.lakescugogicehutrentals.com/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.