Author Topic: Vexilar Double Vision  (Read 11162 times)

Offline Dana

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Everything Ice Fishing!
Vexilar Double Vision
« on: Nov 15, 2010, 05:38 PM »
For those of you who have to have the newest and greatest...

Gander will be introducing a new Vexilar combination camera/flasher called the "Double Vision" sometime around the end of  this month. The camera is the same as the new Vexilar FS1000, the unique aspect of this product is the package that holds both a flasher and a camera and runs them off  the same battery. The MAP retail is $569 for the camera when you add your own flasher head and $899 for the camera FL20 TriBeam combination . They approached Vexilar with the product concept and in return Vexilar has agreed to a one year exclusive.

Granted I would like everyone to wait the year until I can sell you one ;D, but for those of you who are looking for the biggest and best, this is it!  Should be on Gander shelves this month...
Glens Army Navy Store
701 NW 4th St
Grand Rapids, MN 55744

Toll Free: 1-888-525-1201
Local: 218-326-1201

[email protected]

GlensOutdoors.com

Follow Us on Twitter @GlensOutdoors

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
Re: Vexilar Double Vision
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2010, 06:28 PM »
Interesting, I cant wait to see what this thing looks like, thanx for the heads up

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2010, 08:28 AM »
They better up the amp hour rating of the battery if they want to run both units on one battery. I'd say getting a full days use out of the camera and flasher on a 9ah battery is iffy at best. I'm interested to see the case they come up with to hold/house the flasher and cam.

Offline DoubleBurg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2010, 10:05 PM »
Anybody have a picture of this?  Kind of curious what it looks like but can't find one.
Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.  -Henry David Thoreau

Offline shootnmiss09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 21, 2010, 06:22 PM »
any updates on this? kind of curious!
$~I'd Rather be FISHING right now~$

~IcE FiShErMeN wAlK oN wAtEr~

"Here's the deal...I'm the best there is!" -Ricky Bobby

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2010, 06:27 PM »
The double vision units are not available yet. I hope to have one by the end of the week but not sure if they are shipping them yet. When I get one, I will post pictures and details. I am planning on getting one without the flasher and adding my new FL-22.
Pete Lewis

Offline Bennettc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2010, 06:51 PM »
I couldn't afford one this year anyway.  Maybe I can buy one from you next year!

Offline torgesom

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2010, 08:15 PM »
Gander has a picture on the second to the last page of their black friday add--899 bucks--ouch!

Offline shootnmiss09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2010, 08:18 PM »
ya i just seen the gander add too! eyedoktor, you know what this unit costs without the flasher, like what you want to get?
$~I'd Rather be FISHING right now~$

~IcE FiShErMeN wAlK oN wAtEr~

"Here's the deal...I'm the best there is!" -Ricky Bobby

Offline DoubleBurg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 23, 2010, 01:27 AM »
How am I missing this in the ad?  I looked online for it but can't seem to find a picture of it.
Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.  -Henry David Thoreau

Offline DoubleBurg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 23, 2010, 01:59 AM »
Ok I just spend way to long looking through the same black friday ad.  Somebody want to help me out a little bit.  Kind of want to purchase one of these and would like to see one.  Thanks!

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2010, 07:04 AM »
I just went through 3 sites that have lists and pics of Ganders black firday add, none had the Vexilar double vision.. any pics?

Offline DoubleBurg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 23, 2010, 07:45 AM »
Awesome Awesome Awesome Thanks for the help!

Offline craigthor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Nov 23, 2010, 09:07 AM »
Now that is sweet! I may have to buy the base to use with my FL22 Head, but probably won't be till next year though. :(

Offline Bennettc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 23, 2010, 09:09 AM »
I wonder if you can buy the stand and ad the camera/vex that you already own.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #16 on: Nov 23, 2010, 09:12 AM »

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #17 on: Nov 23, 2010, 09:13 AM »
Cool and all, but I think I would rather have two separate units. I dont always drag my camera around with me as much as the vex, and if Im with a buddy and not using one, i give them the other

Offline craigthor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 23, 2010, 09:14 AM »
I wonder if you can buy the stand and ad the camera/vex that you already own.

I believe you can cost is something like $569.99 is what I heard. Not sure when they will be available.

Craig

Offline eyestroker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • McHenry County, IL
« Reply #19 on: Nov 23, 2010, 11:02 AM »
Just a couple of observations.

1.  Why would vexilar put it in a red case.

2.  Is that a swing arm for the transducer?
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither."  -Benjamin Franklin
"In times of change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot."  Mark Twain

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #20 on: Nov 23, 2010, 11:06 AM »

Why would vexilar put it in a red case.

Vexilar moved to red cases 2 seasons ago, I think they wanted to match up with the Vexilar suits with the red/black color. You Marcum dudes always looking for something..lol

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Nov 23, 2010, 12:17 PM »
Great idea...This way if it goes to hell you won't have a flasher or a camera to use. :woot:

Thought someone might as well stir the pot.

Offline DoubleBurg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 23, 2010, 03:54 PM »
Cool and all, but I think I would rather have two separate units. I dont always drag my camera around with me as much as the vex, and if Im with a buddy and not using one, i give them the other

That's kind of what i'm thinking now that I've seen it.  I don't know that you always need that camera.  And having this as your solo unit would add more weight for somthing that your just going to look at. 

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #23 on: Nov 23, 2010, 04:24 PM »
That's kind of what i'm thinking now that I've seen it.  I don't know that you always need that camera.  And having this as your solo unit would add more weight for somthing that your just going to look at. 

If I decide not to use the camera, I'll just put the FL22 back in it's propack and off I go.
Pete Lewis

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Nov 23, 2010, 04:42 PM »
Not to mention sharing a battery.

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #25 on: Nov 23, 2010, 04:51 PM »
Not to mention sharing a battery.
Yup, how many amps does it take to run both all day and night? Maybe they are using 2 batteries? Must be heavy if that is the situation. Even running off a single battery-how much more does it weigh. Definately for the "shack" guys , not the hole hopping -ice trolling crew.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Nov 23, 2010, 05:18 PM »
It looks like a nice fairly compact package unlike NV power tower. I usually just leave my camera at home due to it taking up space in my sled. I may actually use a camera with a setup like this but I don't plan on spending $500 on a camera. The battery would have to be larger than 9 ah.

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #27 on: Nov 23, 2010, 06:53 PM »
Seems like 10lbs of you know what in a 5lb bag.  I'm with the rest of you, keep them split up.  I don't think this will be a big seller.  Now, to make a camera w/ a change of view to a LCD flasher.....hmmmm?  Duecer built into the camera?  Hmmmm, see if this idea gets ripped off!  I want my cut, Vex!!!

Offline jimmygunns

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Add more bacon, son!
« Reply #28 on: Nov 23, 2010, 06:55 PM »
Also it seems like a "Hey, look at me!" type of gear. 

Offline DoubleBurg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Nov 23, 2010, 08:30 PM »
I originally heard about this and I thought I finally found what I wanted to purchase this year but now I'm thinking differently.  I do like the idea of buying it without the head unit and then putting your head unit on it when you know your just going to be sitting all day (assuming the swap out wouldn't be to big of a unconvenience).  But for a guy like me who is looking for that first flasher def not the unit for me.  Back to spending every waking minute trying to decide what I want to spend money on  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.