Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: IGL Report  (Read 9073 times)

Offline NW Iowa Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
IGL Report
« on: Dec 21, 2009, 05:51 PM »
Hey im headin up to the IGL's tmr and was just wanting to know what the current report was any info would help greatly thanks!

Offline jacobh73

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: IGL Report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2009, 05:55 PM »
Did'nt get much of a chance to fish this weekend. Was only out for a couple hours on Spirit. It looked like everyone in the tri-state area was on Anglers Bay. I was one of them. Got a few.

Offline rockyy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2009, 01:54 AM »
You can thank the dnr for that! And Heinrix for giving them directions!

Offline Heinrix_54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2009, 08:20 AM »
You can thank the dnr for that! And Heinrix for giving them directions!

Hahaha, the more people we stack up in Anglers Bay, the less people there are in other areas  ;D

Offline rockyy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2009, 12:53 PM »
But Anglers is the only place you fish

Offline Heinrix_54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 22, 2009, 05:21 PM »
But Anglers is the only place you fish

The only place that I SAY where I fish ;)

Truth be told I've only fished Anglers 3-4 times this year......and I fish every day  ;D

Offline rockyy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2009, 08:23 PM »
That's just it, that's what I am saying. Anglers used to be a go to spot when you couldn't catch anything in your other spots, but thanks to big mouths there's so many people there all the time, it isn't what it used to be. Thanks.

Offline Heinrix_54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2009, 10:10 PM »
That's just it, that's what I am saying. Anglers used to be a go to spot when you couldn't catch anything in your other spots, but thanks to big mouths there's so many people there all the time, it isn't what it used to be. Thanks.

Everyone and their mother has always known about Anglers Bay on early ice. It's packed every single year. I'm not so full of myself as to think my posts on the net are the reason people are flocking there. Go fishing and stop crying.

Offline rockyy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 23, 2009, 01:16 AM »
Ok you snot nose little s*** ! The last 2 years have been crazy and that's how long you boys have been posting on every site you can get on! It's funny you don't post anything about other places because you can't find any other on your own. I'm waiting

Offline Heinrix_54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 23, 2009, 08:24 AM »
Ok you snot nose little s*** ! The last 2 years have been crazy and that's how long you boys have been posting on every site you can get on! It's funny you don't post anything about other places because you can't find any other on your own. I'm waiting

;D

99% of my fishing is done away from Anglers Bay and away from the crowds and yet I still manage to catch fish. Weird huh? Maybe you're just mad because you can't catch fish anywhere but Anglers?

"Gooooood mooooooornin, hay hay hay hay haters"

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 23, 2009, 12:47 PM »
I'm siding with the fisherman that :
Shows his pic.
Lists his e-mail.
Fills out his profile.
Shares his reports.

I'm not motivated with a guy that does none of the above and starts his post with name calling.

News flash .... Anglers Bay is public waters.   ;)

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Offline original_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm out of beer... I'm out of beer...
« Reply #11 on: Dec 23, 2009, 01:18 PM »
I agree 100% along with Toothfish and also have to give Heinrix a big  :clap:  because he is not the one out of line here.  Public waters are public waters and for everyone to come and go as they please.  Heck people on here claim about all different kinds of locations where they catch fish at and 99% of the time everyone appreciates it.

Offline chocolatehuntinglabs

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Lake Park, IA
« Reply #12 on: Dec 23, 2009, 02:27 PM »

"Gooooood mooooooornin, hay hay hay hay haters"

Nice ;D ;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap:
I always appreciate the reports from Heinrix.  Hopefully if I ever get to get out this year I will try to do the same.  It's just alway nice to know what's going on.

Offline anderson_dc

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 23, 2009, 02:46 PM »
As much as it pains me i have to agree with Toothfish ;D

You gotten on the ice yet Phil?

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #14 on: Dec 23, 2009, 05:34 PM »
I agree 100% along with Toothfish and also have to give Heinrix a big  :clap:  because he is not the one out of line here.  Public waters are public waters and for everyone to come and go as they please.  Heck people on here claim about all different kinds of locations where they catch fish at and 99% of the time everyone appreciates it.

x3 here. If you don't like the crowds, move away. fish all over the place if your willing to look/work for them  :tipup:

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline jmvsmv

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2009, 07:43 PM »
I have to agree with rockyy here... Before Heinrix started posting I had never even heard of Anglers let alone how to get there, or that it is the Mecca of first ice.  I also haven't ever read one of the fish reports that the DNR puts out on a weekly basis.  I for sure haven't read any news releases talking about the record breaking perch bite on Big Spirit.  In fact, i heard and maybe you can confirm this Heinrix, because I am sure nobody in tri-state area has heard of it before, is it true that West Lake Okoboji is crystal clear water?  I hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag there.....

Did anyone catch the sarcasm i thought I was laying it on pretty thick.   I do thank you Heinrix for your reports and info you do give us, and even though I am jealous, i enjoy your pics and stories.

Offline MelroseHawkins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2009, 07:52 PM »
I have to agree with rockyy here... Before Heinrix started posting I had never even heard of Anglers let alone how to get there, or that it is the Mecca of first ice.  I also haven't ever read one of the fish reports that the DNR puts out on a weekly basis.  I for sure haven't read any news releases talking about the record breaking perch bite on Big Spirit.  In fact, i heard and maybe you can confirm this Heinrix, because I am sure nobody in tri-state area has heard of it before, is it true that West Lake Okoboji is crystal clear water?  I hope I didn't let the cat out of the bag there.....

Did anyone catch the sarcasm i thought I was laying it on pretty thick.   I do thank you Heinrix for your reports and info you do give us, and even though I am jealous, i enjoy your pics and stories.

Offline MelroseHawkins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 23, 2009, 07:57 PM »
No crap!!  I did not even realize what the IGL's were until Hendrix pointed it out!

Then he was sincere enough to email me a mapquest directing me right to Anglers's Bay.  What a nice fella!!

Thanks Hendrix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     ;)

Offline Hawkize

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 23, 2009, 08:31 PM »
Always enjoy Heinrix reports, pics, and vids.  :) The ONLY real downfall he has is that he is a Bears fan.  :P   p.s. they are going down hard Monday night
Ice Ice Baby

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 23, 2009, 08:35 PM »
I can see both sides, as I'm local I'm not learning nothing I didn't already know. Guessing we discussed this last week Rocky? I don't fish with the pack so untill I can drive away from the crowds I wont be on Spirit.

Offline Heinrix_54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 23, 2009, 09:25 PM »
I can see both sides, as I'm local I'm not learning nothing I didn't already know. Guessing we discussed this last week Rocky? I don't fish with the pack so untill I can drive away from the crowds I wont be on Spirit.

Better hurry up and buy that sled if you wanna drive on Spirit this year. It sure ain't lookin pretty....

Offline Heinrix_54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 23, 2009, 09:27 PM »
Always enjoy Heinrix reports, pics, and vids.  :) The ONLY real downfall he has is that he is a Bears fan.  :P   p.s. they are going down hard Monday night

Tell me something I don't know.... ;D

I'll just keep hoping that we sign Cowher in the off season...........then the McCaskeys will keep Lovie and Co. and we'll pee another season down the drain and continue to ruin Cutler

Offline rockyy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 23, 2009, 10:30 PM »
We fished Spirit Lake from one end to the other and caught our Perch limits, no jumbo's, at Angler's Bay....that's the way it goes. 

Offline Wally Lindner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 23, 2009, 11:29 PM »
I always liked a good argument, unless its one sided like this one.  Keep posting when where and how, if anything its cheap entertainment!

Offline rockyy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 24, 2009, 12:24 AM »
Pink and White with a minnow head bang the bottom it pays to have a woman with

Offline toothfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Dec 24, 2009, 07:58 AM »
As much as it pains me i have to agree with Toothfish ;D

You gotten on the ice yet Phil?

Mark  , Some things in life are painfull ...  :)  like : " NO NOT YET " :pinch:

I was thinking of Spirit Lake ... Is there too much snow for a 4 wheeler ?

"Central Iowa Anglers"

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Dec 24, 2009, 07:17 PM »
Better hurry up and buy that sled if you wanna drive on Spirit this year. It sure ain't lookin pretty....

Sitting in the garage waiting,

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 25, 2009, 10:48 AM »

What ya waiting for Christmas? I`ve thought about a sled but the maintenance on those things can be more than I care to deal with.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 25, 2009, 05:01 PM »
yea waiting till I can get out of town LOL. Need a helment yet forgot what a pain it is riding in snow without one. My eyeballs are still stinging from the ride this morning around the block. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the spedo reading 80.

Offline Heinrix_54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 26, 2009, 08:22 AM »

Good, if it comes up missing, it wasn't me  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.