Author Topic: Last mountain lake  (Read 82566 times)

MikeMiller

Re: Last mountain lake
« Reply #180 on: Dec 10, 2010, 04:52 PM »
were is alice?

Offline walleyeslayer1978

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Walleye Gods are angry, that's why.
« Reply #181 on: Dec 10, 2010, 04:56 PM »
wee too, alice, lipps beaches....all in the same area.  Just past dilke.
Still counting.....

MikeMiller

« Reply #182 on: Dec 10, 2010, 04:57 PM »
is there any good fishing out there we built a big shop at wee too never fished long lake before

Offline WalleyeNut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #183 on: Dec 10, 2010, 04:59 PM »
Alice is next door to Wee Too on Last Mountain Lake.  At this time of year you would have to get to it from the Dilke turn off from Yellow Head hwy.  No idea how the fishing is as haven't tried it yet.  Will be my next venture.

Offline walleyeslayer1978

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Walleye Gods are angry, that's why.
« Reply #184 on: Dec 10, 2010, 05:01 PM »
Its usually pretty good early in the season, but it seems like as the winter goes on it slows down around there.  Always a ton of guys and shacks too.
Still counting.....

MikeMiller

« Reply #185 on: Dec 10, 2010, 05:02 PM »
might have to go there sunday if i dont go to the fort

Offline walleyescooter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #186 on: Dec 10, 2010, 07:42 PM »
Ive fished Alice for past week and there is way more then just 3-4" I was out in 30 ft of water and had a solid 8" of ice. Its the same all over there.

I went off to the South of Alice (towards the bay and inlet). I used a chipper and not an auger and can assure it was only a few inches. Friends have fished North of there and it's fine. With this weather, it should build good ice.

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #187 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:36 PM »
I went off to the South of Alice (towards the bay and inlet). I used a chipper and not an auger and can assure it was only a few inches. Friends have fished North of there and it's fine. With this weather, it should build good ice.

Maybe thats a spot the geese kept open for bit longer then the rest  of that area.?? Guess you never can trust early ice.

Offline walleyescooter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #188 on: Dec 10, 2010, 09:55 PM »
Could be. I think there's an inlet that way, perhaps moving water. Hope to head out again Sunday.

Has anyone been out by Glen Harbour?

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #189 on: Dec 10, 2010, 11:00 PM »
Could be. I think there's an inlet that way, perhaps moving water. Hope to head out again Sunday.

Has anyone been out by Glen Harbour?

Might see ya out there, Im heading to the same spot.

Cheers!!

Offline Pants

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing and share our sport!
« Reply #190 on: Dec 13, 2010, 04:40 PM »
We were out to the Grandview, Stone Barn and Alice on Sunday.  8 inches of ice was the constant...we even saw a couple of people spot drilling and driving their tucks on the ice at Grandview.
Don't think I'll be driving on until I see at least 30 cm of good ice, but with the cold weather, it shouldn't be long!
No bites all day, just a cold wind.
Later Days  :tipup:
Teach your children, but never be afraid to let them teach you

Offline walleyescooter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #191 on: Dec 13, 2010, 05:47 PM »
Thanks for the ice update!

How was the fishing!?? Any walleye biting???

Offline Flames Fan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #192 on: Dec 13, 2010, 08:43 PM »
I went out to glen harbour later sunday afternoon and caught a few decent walleye, nothing big though.  How is the road at grandview?  I want to head out there but am wary of taking a car down that hill, some years it doesn't get plowed for a while and I didn't want to be stuck down there.

Offline walleyescooter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #193 on: Dec 15, 2010, 10:31 AM »
Road down the hill is plowed up but access was drifted in late yesterday afternoon. One truck was on the ice but I would use caution. The ice was 8 inches in most places but we had one hole that only had 3 inches of ice!
Good walleye bite yesterday afternoon and a few nice perch a couple of 8 pound pike.

Offline eyecatcher00

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #194 on: Dec 15, 2010, 10:38 AM »
so a car is out of the question down there?

MikeMiller

« Reply #195 on: Dec 15, 2010, 11:09 AM »
eyecatcher i got a 4x4 with good tires if your down to go im down wanna try and figure my ice 55 out again

Offline walleyescooter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #196 on: Dec 15, 2010, 11:32 AM »
I think you'd be fine getting down the road with a car but you won't get a car thru the snowbank onto the ice.
There's room to park down there and room to turn around. We left yesterday at 4:40 pm so I am not sure what the sleat/ rain did to the road.

Offline na_kellyhlavsa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #197 on: Dec 16, 2010, 09:58 AM »
im from altavista beach,and am new to ice fishing,does any one have any tips or a good location where i would probobly have luck?

Offline mix123

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #198 on: Dec 18, 2010, 08:34 AM »
How's the ice at kinookimaw? Any weak spots I should look for? How's the road going down there? I have truck so the road is no big deal just curious. Heading down there early tuesday morning.

Offline Mike.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #199 on: Dec 18, 2010, 02:49 PM »
Fished Grandveiw and just past there today, fishing was pretty slow. Caught 4 walleyes, 1 was about 7lbs. Theres about 14" of ice guys are driving all over around there

Offline clamcatcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #200 on: Dec 18, 2010, 08:11 PM »
A buddy just text me that someone put their truck in at Alice. Anyone know anything about that.

Offline Walleyerus

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #201 on: Dec 19, 2010, 03:07 AM »
Up early.And sore from a day on the water at Last mntn. Walleye were going nuts. our group Had 3 eyes over 8. With 2 that were pushing 10. Used the New PK Lures flutter fish and PK spoons. Just ask Layne how they worked.The four of us Must have caught and released  50 eyes. One great day.

Offline pickle84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #202 on: Dec 19, 2010, 10:56 PM »
I was out at pelican point saturday morning the ice was 11 - 12 inches caught a few perch and a jack
You to can be like Jesus and walk on water ICE FISH!!!!

You will never know your friends from your enemies until the ice breaks!

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #203 on: Dec 20, 2010, 09:25 AM »
Up early.And sore from a day on the water at Last mntn. Walleye were going nuts. our group Had 3 eyes over 8. With 2 that were pushing 10. Used the New PK Lures flutter fish and PK spoons. Just ask Layne how they worked.The four of us Must have caught and released  50 eyes. One great day.

That sounds like an awsome day at the Mountain. Congrats...any pics?

Offline ochocenko

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #204 on: Dec 20, 2010, 10:28 AM »

wow... i gotta start fishing LM lake! Just gotta find someone to show me how...  :)

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
« Reply #205 on: Dec 20, 2010, 10:45 AM »
ya just gotta know how to wiggle your worm ochecenko... ;D

Offline 2lman1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #206 on: Dec 20, 2010, 03:06 PM »
Anyone been out around Rowan's lately? What's the ice like, is anything biting?

Offline finzandpigskinz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #207 on: Dec 20, 2010, 03:18 PM »
Walleyerus do you have any pictures of the eyes you caught?  Seeing is believing after all....and it is an ice fishing tale forum is it not?  ;) lol  I hear a lot about the PK lures and I want to actually see some pictures other then their website marketing vids, it sounds to good to be true although I really want it to be true.    ;D

Offline darkwater777

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #208 on: Dec 20, 2010, 03:32 PM »
Walleyerus do you have any pictures of the eyes you caught?  Seeing is believing after all....and it is an ice fishing tale forum is it not?  ;) lol  I hear a lot about the PK lures and I want to actually see some pictures other then their website marketing vids, it sounds to good to be true although I really want it to be true.    ;D

I remember when "Angel Eye's" were the magic lure, then "Chubby Darters" now the PK Lure. If the bite is on I dont think lures have a huge difference. Ive bought all the fad lures after watching video's and hearing internet tales and to be honest the usually are just a dissapointment. Everyones mileage will vary though.

Cheers!!

Offline rumblefish_1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #209 on: Dec 20, 2010, 03:50 PM »
Well I can confirm the fish reports from Walleyerus without pics. I actually hope he doesnt post them  as it may give a little too much info away LOL.  The PK Lures  DO WORK!!  I got close to 30 eyes myself with the biggest being 10lbs and also watched a 8 and 9 hit the ice as well. Not sure about the website thing as I have never checked it out but I was in the right spot at the right time when he was passing them around on the ice to try. I agree when the bite is on that anything will work but after my experience saturday I have to believe they are worth the investment. I too have a ton of hooks I bought on hype that do nothing but look nice ( anyone want to buy a wack of salmos?)  >:(     

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.