New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: warterproof insulated boots  (Read 2935 times)

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
warterproof insulated boots
« on: Feb 09, 2009, 07:39 AM »
I had a pair of sorell"s for years that really suc//d. Did not keep my feet warm at all. Runied alot of hunting and ice fishing trips due to freezing feet and wet feet. Last year i bought a pair of Rocky"s Artic gladiators 12000gram  thinsulate. They were warterproof for the first year now they leak, but they do keep the feet warm. Can anyone tell me of a good insulated warterproof boot that will keet the feet warm and DRY????

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
Re: warterproof insulated boots
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2009, 07:47 AM »
I have Rocky 1200's as well and they were good for the first year then leaked. I used to put Camp dry on them and they would still leak. This year I tried Mink oil and the boots don't leak at all! The Mink oil from Kiwi worked excellent!

Robb :tipup:

Offline waytkus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2009, 08:12 AM »
Muck boots, Artic sport they are rated sub -45 , they are about 16" tall and light weight neopreme. I use mine deer hunting and ice fishing .

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2009, 08:15 AM »
Lacross alpha 1500, thats all i wear hunting and ice fishing.

Offline MeatHunter737

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • GutPileStyle
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2009, 09:07 AM »
Lacross !!!!! hunting & fishing...they really hold up to wear and tear

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2009, 09:13 AM »
80% of the time Lacross 1000 gram.....cuzz the snow and slush has been rediculous.  20% of the time Mickey boots if the slush and snow is minimal.  The Lacross is the most versatile boot I have and use....well worth the money....not a opinion....it's a fact! ;)
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline dav

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • dav, no better time to wet your line.
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2009, 09:15 AM »
Thats what I wear as well,  Lacrosse, great boot.

dav
FIND PEACE, LOSE YOURSELF IN NATURE....

Offline jeffd7766

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 09, 2009, 10:36 AM »
My cabelas predator extremes should be here in a little while.......i heard these boots make you catch more fish too, or your money back ;D

Offline Black_Ice20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2009, 10:44 AM »
muck boots are the way to go if you ask me!!!! 8)
<br />Three-fourths of the EARTH\'s surface is WATER, and one-fourth is LAND. It is quite clear that the good LORD intended us to spend triple the amount of TIME fishing as taking care of the LAWN.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2009, 11:37 AM »
Alpha Burlys never failed me....you just have to be careful not to poke a hole in them

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 09, 2009, 11:39 AM »
Muck boots all the way I have used lacrosse for a long time and wish I had gone to mucks earlier,they are easier getting off and are very comfortable. :tipup:

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 09, 2009, 12:28 PM »
Muck boots all the way I have used lacrosse for a long time and wish I had gone to mucks earlier,they are easier getting off and are very comfortable. :tipup:

But are they really warm? I was looking at a pair the other day.

Offline perch-eyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 09, 2009, 12:37 PM »
call your local army surplus store, and see if they have mickey mouse boots.  My dad has had his pair for about 25 years and just started to leak.  he had another pair before that from growing up.  So 2 pairs of boots over the last 40 years or so.  I have a pair that was new, and still in the box.  as far as warmth, i don't think you can beat them.  I believe my boots were $70, and should last a long time.  they have stopped making them, and there are some rip off brands but get the army surplus stuff.  it is made from natural rubber, and doesn't crack and dry rot like modern rubber.   you won't be disapointed if you buy thm.
first one on, last one off

Offline Catchthis44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 09, 2009, 02:23 PM »
+1 on mickey mouse boots....just got mine this year and love them....surprisingly warm and absolutly water proof

Offline lakerman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 09, 2009, 02:35 PM »
muck boots for watertight, but I like sorels for warmth, nothing like felt liners for my feet, always warm.

Offline FishME

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wicked Good!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 09, 2009, 03:21 PM »
My cabelas predator extremes should be here in a little while.......i heard these boots make you catch more fish too, or your money back ;D

I have had the Cabelas Predator Extremes for 4 years now and have never had wet or cold feet.  They are the best boot I've ever owned. No question.....

Offline bubba ARMY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 09, 2009, 05:17 PM »
lacross are my personal favorites

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Feb 09, 2009, 05:45 PM »
Lacrosse Alpha Burly Sport 1200. Warm and waterproof up to your knees. Cheeks out!!! 8)

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Offline Jack Hunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 09, 2009, 05:47 PM »
I have a pair of the 1200 Alphas and like them.  Add an aftermarket wool insole (not a bootie) to the inside and it keeps you even warmer.  The more layers between your foot and the ice the better.

Offline Captain1978

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 09, 2009, 06:39 PM »
Muck or Field n Stream
EL CAPITANO !!!

Offline Jack Magnum

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #20 on: Feb 09, 2009, 07:11 PM »
I had a pair of sorell"s for years that really suc//d. Did not keep my feet warm at all. Runied alot of hunting and ice fishing trips due to freezing feet and wet feet. Last year i bought a pair of Rocky"s Artic gladiators 12000gram  thinsulate. They were warterproof for the first year now they leak, but they do keep the feet warm. Can anyone tell me of a good insulated warterproof boot that will keet the feet warm and DRY????
Muck boots Have to rated right up there. I bought a pair of woody max for hunting and oh so comfy . I am now wearing them for ice fishing and I spent a few hours out there one morning in 5 below and noproblem. I have to say one of the most comfortable boot I've owned.

Offline dickvinny1219

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Feb 10, 2009, 05:02 AM »
I have a pair of Browning 1200g thinsolate  for hunting, and field and stream 1200g pac boots for ice fishing.  Both are warm and both keep me dry.  You definitly need to waterproof them every year though.  Mink oil from kiwi works great.
For those that fish lake george NY, PLEASE DONT LET THE STATE LOWER THE LAKE TROUT SIZE IN LAKE GEORGE!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 10, 2009, 07:23 AM »
Extreme Hunter from Schees in Bozeman MT.  A bit pricey but they are the ultimate pack boot.   They are a very supportive pack boot with hiking boot stability and a true -40 degree rating and completely waterproof.  No heavier than a standard brand name pac.  Also nice, Schnees will re-sole them if they wear out and you can buy repalcement liners as a back-up.  Best all around Winter boot I've ever owned and I tried them all.  I live in pac boots from November until April!!   Check them out on their web site (Schnees.com)

Good Luck- Mike

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #23 on: Feb 10, 2009, 08:51 AM »
The muck boots are great, light,dry and pretty warm.
The only problem I have is deer hunting with them, I found them to be a little cold on 4-6hours sits.
I now use the boot buddy or insulated over boot. No problems any more. I don't use the over boot for anything than treestand hunting.

I have had the muck for over 12 years and have 3 sets.
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline jackctf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Feb 10, 2009, 09:14 AM »
cabelas predator extremes

No doubt the best boot on the market.  Have had them for about 4 years now and not once have my feet been cold and not once have my feet been wet.  As far as the smell though I can't vouch for that.  Your feet will sweat like crazy on days in the 30's.  The only con is the weight and too hot.  They are very heavy.   

Anyone know who makes them for Cabelas?  I figured Rocky was the manufucturer.   

Offline fishingjason

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Feb 10, 2009, 05:00 PM »
Bogs boots are 100% waterproof and breathable. Neoprene material keeps my feet warm. They are also very easy to get on and off.
www.bogsfootwear.com

Offline trkyhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 11, 2009, 10:30 PM »
Saw the Ice Armor boots at the ice show. Were light. Got a pair and I love em. I usually get cold feet, but not this year. Fished every weekend so far and no cold feet. even in my shanty when the snow slushes up they stay dry and warm. I use the Bass pro shops lifetime warrenty socks as well, these help alot.
Yes Virginia....Santa does ice fish

Offline hardwater347

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • my under sized musky just ate ur trophy bass
« Reply #27 on: Feb 12, 2009, 05:16 AM »
I have Rocky 1200's as well and they were good for the first year then leaked. I used to put Camp dry on them and they would still leak. This year I tried Mink oil and the boots don't leak at all! The Mink oil from Kiwi worked excellent!

Robb :tipup:
If your rocky's leak take them back to where ever you bought them and they send them back to rocky and they intell send ya a new pair.

As for me i wear my carolina 600 gram thinsulate boots and my feet sweat in them!!

Offline hitchcos

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Feb 12, 2009, 08:05 AM »
Another vote for the Cabela's Predator Extreme.  They are a little bulky, but they keep you warm and dry through anything.

Offline catspike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Feb 12, 2009, 06:45 PM »
Muck Arctic Sport!!I wish I had the money back I wasted on Lacrosse boots over the years before buying the MUCK Boots ,also soooo much lighter

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.