New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: warterproof insulated boots  (Read 2934 times)

Offline roadrnr

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: warterproof insulated boots
« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2009, 06:52 PM »
Artic Sports by Muck, THE BEST boots I have ever owned.  Warm, Dry, Lightweight, Good Traction.  I wear them deer hunting and ice fishing. Going on my third year with the same pair

Offline jdjyoung

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get the gaf, I'm catching this one!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 12, 2009, 07:07 PM »
 Lacrosse Burly 1200 gm thinsulate!   Tuff as nails! The only boot I ever wear whether I'm Ice fishing, deer hunting, or working outdoors in five degree weather. :thumbsup:

JD
" I'll take a bad day of fishing over a good day at work anytime!"

Offline howesfc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Eirinn go Brach"
« Reply #32 on: Feb 12, 2009, 07:13 PM »
My vote go's out to Cabela's Predator Extreme's also with sheet metal screw's in the lug's no cleat's needed.

I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier

Offline ORANGEGILL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Feb 13, 2009, 06:43 AM »
I had a pair of sorell"s for years that really suc//d. Did not keep my feet warm at all. Runied alot of hunting and ice fishing trips due to freezing feet and wet feet. Last year i bought a pair of Rocky"s Artic gladiators 12000gram  thinsulate. They were warterproof for the first year now they leak, but they do keep the feet warm. Can anyone tell me of a good insulated warterproof boot that will keet the feet warm and DRY????
La Cross working for me, ive had this pair forever, fish in them , as well as snow removal, but have never had any prob, mine also have steel toes, and they have never affected the warmth..... HOPE THE INFO HELPS....

Offline ORANGEGILL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 13, 2009, 06:47 AM »
I had a pair of sorell"s for years that really suc//d. Did not keep my feet warm at all. Runied alot of hunting and ice fishing trips due to freezing feet and wet feet. Last year i bought a pair of Rocky"s Artic gladiators 12000gram  thinsulate. They were warterproof for the first year now they leak, but they do keep the feet warm. Can anyone tell me of a good insulated warterproof boot that will keet the feet warm and DRY????
??? FORGOT TO MENTION ,,,, BUT DONT GET BOOTS THAT FIT SNUG,,,,, MAKE THEM 1 SIZE LARGER,,,,, FOR ROOM FOR AIR....

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Keep it only if your going to eat it"
« Reply #35 on: Feb 13, 2009, 06:48 AM »
Mickey Mouse Boots are the only way to go and they are cheap to buy ;D

Offline icefly

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #36 on: Feb 14, 2009, 07:39 AM »
Another vote for the muck boots. I have had a pair for about 4 years and they still work great. I have the woody max and they are warm and comfy. Will by another pair after I wear these out.

Offline jockofish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 14, 2009, 09:14 AM »
I'll throw in a vote for the Cabella's Trans-Alaskans. For yrs. I've hunted and ice fished with the Mickey Mouse's, but they were always so darn heavy. I bought a pair of the Alaskans this yr. and haven't regretted it one bit. They are a bit clumbsy but while sitting in a porty all day, I'm looking for warmth,and they didn't dissappoint.     jockofish
She says " you've got to be nuts to go icefishing", my only reply is, " it helps".

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Feb 14, 2009, 10:16 AM »
I had a pair of Sorrels for years that were great. When they finally wore out I bought a new pair.
They were manufactured so poorly that they lasted 1/2 of one ice season.
About 4 years ago CarogaKid turned me onto Ranger boots. They are waterproof, durable and warm.
Not to mention fairly inexpensive.
Like I said I have had this pair 4 years and they are like new, just as warm and dry as the day I (or my former employer  ;) ) purchased them.

I think mine are the "Glacier Bay" model and they are supposedly rated to -80 deg F.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.