Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 232139 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2640 on: Jul 18, 2023, 06:53 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

I just got back from relocating a raccoon to a nice spot by a creek ??? Number 6 so far this year along with two possums.

The last couple days we have been seeing lots of little turkey poults. Some are almost the size of a cornish game hen and some are just specks as they hang by and under mom.

h2l...Glad you didn't get seriously hurt, although the tearing off of the big toenail give a person chill.

I am heading to my Sisters this morning. We are going to go to a fishing pier for a bit then back to sorting and cleaning out a garage.

Hope you all have a good Tuesday. Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2641 on: Jul 18, 2023, 09:12 AM »
Good morning ER’s. Greetings from the great northwest, left Colorado Sunday 2:00 AM for the 13 plus hour drive, I reluctantly gave up the wheel to the daughter for a few hours and even got a nap in.

Belated birthday wishes are in order to Jeff I see

Looks like if there’s good weather for this coming Saturday, will get to wet a line with the great nephew. Checking in with the charter boats find them to be pretty booked up for this month. So may end up retracing steps of 60 years ago and do some casting in any of the rivers in the area.

Have fun tinkering in the garage Marv. Have relocated a few bandits myself

Got laundry to do then plan out what to do in the upcoming days

Stay safe and keep having good days

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2642 on: Jul 19, 2023, 03:36 AM »
Morning all,

Another quick hello, going to try the lake again, hopefully for a little longer than last time  :woot:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2643 on: Jul 19, 2023, 04:39 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                           It's 55* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                           Wally........Have a good fishing trip today. :thumbsup:
                           Bud..........Thank you for the "Happy Birthday". :clap: Charters arte generally booked up months in advance. :whistle: River fishing isn't
             the worse settlement. :whistle:
                           Marv.........Your brother in law must have saved everything. :blink:
                           H2l...........Ripping off a toenail doesn't sound like fun. :%$#!: Quit playing golf in your sleep. :roflmao:
                           I have a dentist appointment this morning, then maybe some lawn pruning.
                           I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2644 on: Jul 19, 2023, 06:23 AM »
63* and sunny.

WW, good luck on the water today.

IFF, hope you catch some fish.

I have to go pick my sister up this morning, she is coming up to spend the night and the wife will take her back in the morning. I am planning on fishing on Thursday.

IW, I liked golf but LIKED fishing more.

I see that the water level in the lake is now at its normal level for this time of year. I see that Albany area got a lot of rain last night.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l

Haven't looked a the toe but my body sure is sore.
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2645 on: Jul 19, 2023, 06:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  60* and a little less tropical here this am than it has been, high around 80 today. Not certain what our rain totals are up to here at the moment, but the local news just showed a neighboring town at 10.83” over the last 30 days and mentioned this will be the wettest July on record.

Jeff…I don’t know how I didn’t get my Happy Birthday wishes in my post to you the other day, apologies and Happy belated Birthday to you Sir!! I’m fairly certain that won’t happen again as now you and our 6th grandchild will share the same special day….   Granddaughter Blake Haizlee entered our world at 12:01 and weighed in at 8lbs. 13oz.   ;D  :bow:
  Wally…best of luck with today’s trip, hope the bite is on!   :clap:
  Bud…glad you arrived safe and sound, enjoy your time and best of luck with the fishing…will be looking forward to your reports!    :thumbsup:
  Marv…hope you and your sister both had some action with the fishing yesterday!  :thumbsup: 
  H2…ouch on the toe and falling out of bed, that’s going to be a tender issue for awhile, take er easy!  :woot: 

Some pretty flooded out areas not far from here yesterday. Of course there was some drivers who pressed their luck and tried to turn their cars into boats only to need assistance after stalling out.  :cookoo:
  Daughter and baby are both doing fine and have arrived at home…I’m just amazed at how quickly they were released, it’s crazy.  Off to a Dr. appointment soon and then another visit with our newest addition…Cawfee’s still on
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2646 on: Jul 19, 2023, 07:46 AM »

68 degrees heading to 88 later today. Scattered rain moving through, although it's only going to last for about 20 minutes, we will take it :clap:

WW...Best of luck with today's water therapy :thumbsup:

IW....It's unbelievable what we are dealing with as we get into sorting. A lot of what he saved has some value, much of what he saved has very little to no value. It's almost like a tornado hit and everything is mixed up.

Eddie....Congratulatio ns on #6 :clap: :clap: The fishing sucked Lol. I caught a little bass, that was it. Then we were back to my Sisters for more sorting.

The biggest challenge at my Sisters is that my late b-i-l had zero organization skills as he collected things. At this point we are just trying to throw away obvious junk and trying to categorize everything else. An example, he had a bunch of assorted lumber and iron in a shed. As I was going through what was saleable and what was junk, I found 4 boxes, each holding a John Deere steering wheel. Come to find out, each wheel was for different vintages of JD tractors, each costing about $175-$250.

Luckily, he had friends that are very knowledgeable in many different areas. Once we can get things in an organized order, we will be able to call on some of them to offer up some their expertise and point us in the right direction to sell stuff. At this point we have only scratched the surface on one shed. There is still 4 more sheds, 2 garages, a barn, and his main shop to get through :cookoo: In all reality it could take years at this pace.

Once the rain passes which it did, I am back to working on my enclosed trailer. I have lots of screws to replace and need to do the wheel bearings.

Hope you all have a good "Hump Day". Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2647 on: Jul 19, 2023, 08:56 AM »
Good morning ☕️. A calm 60* morning on puget sound Daughter And I found our way out on the beach at low tide and fresh oysters, she was having a ball digging up some rock clams so now it’s seafood for supper.  Got an errand to run so will check back later
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2648 on: Jul 19, 2023, 09:18 AM »
Well happy hump day everyone, this week is going ok just working away. Have some vacation next week as we are headed south for Cheyenne Frontier days for a few days, oh boy.  Then camping for the following weekend so maybe some time on the SxS on the mountain and get some run time on it.  Getting it in for the first service even though it only has just over 80 miles on it, but it is supposed to be done at 200 miles or 20 hours and since we let it run a bit hopefully close to the hours mark and then get some miles on it here in a couple months running around, just hopefully we will have the back doors to have it enclosed for the hunting adventures.  Have a good one everyone stay safe in the heat.

Eddie congrats on the new addition to the family, glad everyone is doing good on that end.

Happy belated B-day Jeff, glad your day went well and sounds like you have been busy with all the side work and wood pile.

IFF have a good time on the coast and hopefully you get some good fishing in.

WW good luck on the lake hope it is a fantastic day on the water and no issues.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2649 on: Jul 19, 2023, 06:36 PM »
Air quality is no bueno.  >:(

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2650 on: Jul 20, 2023, 04:53 AM »
57* and clear.
Heading out this morning. Will check back in later just in case one of you won the POWER ball...lol...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2651 on: Jul 20, 2023, 05:25 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie......congrats on #6  :clap: :thumbsup: :clap:  glad to hear Mom and baby are home and doing well  :thumbsup:

H2L....good luck today, hope the bite is on  ;)

WS.....any thoughts of having an estate sale at your sister's or is there just too much to go thru  ???

IFF.....hope you enjoyed the fresh seafood dinner  :thumbsup:

Drifter.....are they making any progress on the wildfires  ???

Caught 6 eyes yesterday, decided we weren't going to keep any so it was just a catch and release day  :)  we tossed the last fish back and sadly it went belly up so we started pulling lines to go back and pick it up. All of sudden 2 bald eagles came flying in, 1 swooped down and snatched the 17" fish up and flew off  :o  pretty awesome sight, unfortunately it happened so fast and we were so surprised we never thought to snap a pic  ::)

Looks like a 3 wheel ride today  @)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2652 on: Jul 20, 2023, 09:01 AM »
Good morning ☕️ crew, temp yesterday was a high of 92, two much for the RV A/C to cope with and tripping the breaker, only on a 20 amp service, needs to have 30 amp

WW  nice to see the Eagle at work  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Marv yeah know firsthand about the task of sorting and what needs to get done.  Never an easy task. It’s right up there with having to move

Got need of replacing some cabinet catches in the RV, then the hr drive to visit family and have supper with them.  Sure looking forward to wetting some lines Saturday, FYI the oysters were delicious

Well burning daylight so need to get at it

Take care all
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2653 on: Jul 20, 2023, 10:48 AM »
WW
Not sure how much progress they're making. Saw yesterday that they're stretched pretty thin and there isn'tmuch help coming as its the same across the country.

In the South of the NWT we lost one of our wildland fighters when a tree fell on him
   :'(

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2654 on: Jul 20, 2023, 01:07 PM »
Only 3 hits in about 6 hours. One 11" walleye. I didn't kill many worms today. Water temp 81*....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2655 on: Jul 20, 2023, 01:18 PM »
hey kids I stopped at a garage sale today the guy had a Nebulus anyone want me to check into this

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2656 on: Jul 20, 2023, 03:57 PM »
WW
Not sure how much progress they're making. Saw yesterday that they're stretched pretty thin and there isn'tmuch help coming as its the same across the country.

In the South of the NWT we lost one of our wildland fighters when a tree fell on him
   :'(

So sorry to hear that, may he rest in peace  :'(

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2657 on: Jul 20, 2023, 04:32 PM »
WW
Seems a fire fighting helo in Alberta crashed yesterday and the polot was lost.  :'(

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2658 on: Jul 20, 2023, 05:48 PM »
So sad thoughts and prayers for family and friends of these heroes  :'(

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2659 on: Jul 20, 2023, 06:10 PM »
Forgot to mention that I have ash falling at my cabin now too.
This is from fires about 30 miles West of here. The three blue X's are the one's causing greif right now.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2660 on: Jul 21, 2023, 03:38 AM »

57 degrees at the moment, climbing to 80 by the afternoon. The guessers are calling for some of the hottest temps of the summer rolling in on Monday all through next week. With our lawns already being toast, a string of mid to upper 90's should really finish off anything still remotely alive.

I am shack bound this morning. Wednesday night some strong storms plowed through the area surrounding the shack. 70mph winds with 2.5" hail left hundreds with broken glass and power outages and tree damage. I have all my tree junk loaded up and am expecting to spend the day glued to a saw. I also loaded up another stand for a second bait station if time permits. On Saturday I am heading back to my sisters for part of the day.

WW...You mentioned an estate sale. I think there will be one at some point. Right now that's a long ways off as we just try to sort through things to get a better idea of what there all is. I really wish the garbage service would get a dumpster delivered soon so we could start filling it with junk. There are hundreds of gallons of used and new oil that will need to be loaded and disposed of at a drop off station. I have no idea why he saved used oil, but there is a room packed with five gallon buckets of the stuff. Much of the new oil is assorted weights in various containers most 1/4 to 1/3 full. Based on his other record keeping habits, many of the containers are labeled, but no telling if they are right. There were so many things that should have been talked about and dealt with during his last year of life that were ignored, it really is mind boggling. One big problem my sister is running into is that so many things were in my b-i-l's name only. Electric, gas, phone, credit cards, bank accounts, vehicle and trailer titles. I always just assumed everything they did was done jointly, but that wasn't the case. Again, why didn't he get stuff switched while he was still here ??? Even though my sister was his wife of 44 years, and he is legally dead, most places can't or won't release any information to her because of privacy issues.

I had 3 tree calls in the last couple days and told people to call someone else. I remember saying a couple months ago that I planned on fishing one day a week and shooting one day a week. That sure went to hell in a handbasket :cookoo:

Well enough ranting, thanks for listening lol I need to get on the road so I can get up there by first light.

Hope you all have a good Friday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2661 on: Jul 21, 2023, 05:04 AM »
Good Morning, 64* and light rain.

WS, hope you find all "well" at the shack. You make some very good points about getting "things" done before anything happens. I am sure that would be an issue here should anything happen to either of us, I couldn't take care of the bills, etc, and what would she do with all my junk.

Have to have the wife a Saratoga Hospital at 9am this morning for a quick procedure.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2662 on: Jul 21, 2023, 05:27 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....sounds like your sister needs a lawyer  :whistle:  hope things aren't too bad at the shack  :unsure:  be careful  ;)

H2L....best wishes to MrsH2 today  ;)  sorry to hear the fish weren't very co-operative yesterday, at least no skunk  :clap:

Eddie....hope the doctor's appointment went well  :)

IW.....looks like an indoor puttering day ahead  ::)

Drifter....hopefully there is an end to the fires sooner rather than later and there's no more loss of life  :'(

FH4.....hope you're having fun at the Cheyenne days  ;D

IFF.....good luck with the water therapy tomorrow  @) 

Nothing much planned today yet, rain in the forecast  :-\  tomorrow we're riding in a memorial ride for our friend we lost to covid back in 2021  :'(  besides being a member of the FD here he was also a member of a combat vets bike club based a couple hours away from here. The vets are hosting the ride, ending at the fire dept here with a cook out. We will be riding thru the cemetery where he's buried to pay our respects, the FD and legion honor guards will be at his grave when we arrive. Keeping fingers crossed the rain holds off for the ride.

Have a good day. Stay safe,stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2663 on: Jul 21, 2023, 06:42 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                             It's 57* and a slight mist is falling. ::)
                             Eddie...........Congra tulations to the Yakel family on the new arrival. :thumbsup: Only special people are born on the 17th of July. :woot:
                             Marv............I hope you don't find too much damage at "The Shack" :unsure: Like Wally said maybe an attorney is needed. :blink:
                             Wally...........Yeah, it looks like a puttering day. :whistle:
                             H2l..............I hope everything goes well with the procedure Mrs H2l is having. :thumbsup: I'm sorry no keepers were on your hook. :cookoo:
                             Dave...........30 miles isn't that far, hopefully it's not moving towards your cabin. ???
                             Bud.............There's nothing better than digging your own clams and oysters.  :clap: Good eats.  :thumbsup:
                             Fish.............I hope you enjoy yourself at the Cheyenne days. :thumbsup:
                             I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work ir out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2664 on: Jul 21, 2023, 08:18 AM »
Well last day at work and my coworker took the day off, but hopefully he is on the mountain packing in with the family for their overnight stay and some fishing and fun.  Headed towards Cheyenne when I can get out of here today, need to head over and get some numbers and see where my loader is on the trailer today.  Going to be a hot one for the next several days, see they are calling for 97 on Sunday hope the garden survives while we are away for a couple day.

Marv, when my buddy passed he had some credit cards in his name only and his wife said oh well I do not have to take care of those ones and just let it be I guess never heard anything about that as since it was just in his name she had no responsibility for them I guess, but like I said not sure how that all turned out.

Drifter so sad about the fire fighters, hope that things get better up there.

Better get back at it, have a great Friday everyone. stay safe in the heat if you are experiencing that.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2665 on: Jul 21, 2023, 09:11 PM »
IW
Wind shifted out of the NW today.
Southern fire was 6 miles North of the highway yesterday and they put out warnings to cabin owners on the highway to be ready to evacuateat a moments notice.
Wind is supposedto switch South and South East tomorrow and push the fire away from structures.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2667 on: Jul 22, 2023, 03:49 AM »
Drifter.....prayers sent your way, be safe  :(

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2668 on: Jul 22, 2023, 06:26 AM »
61* and sunny.

Drifter, keeping you in my thoughts.

Thanks for the well wishes for the wife, all went well, she was just tired last night.

Not much planned for today, be well...h2l
Northville, NY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.