Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 240552 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2580 on: Jul 10, 2023, 09:49 PM »
Good evening, calm and sunny to day even though more rain was forecast. I believe my town received between 2-3 inches of rainfall. I left my sister and B-I-L's home at the right time yesterday reading news reports today I saw that sections of a couple roads I traveled on were closed this morning due to flooding and storm damage. I have not heard of any major damage in my town other sections of my county and neighboring counties had majority of problems. I'm also thankful my B-i-l made it home safely from San Fransico arrived at 2 AM this morning .
Ice Wanderer the West Point,Highland Falls area received the brunt of storm damage, parts of Cornwall on Hudson and town of Cornwall also had flooding and some property damage. Water coming down off of Storm King Mountain caused part of the problems. Roadways in West Point and Highland Falls were and may still be flooded some road sections washed out including on route 9W . Also a bridge on 9W had it's supports undermined this bridge is a short distance from where route 9W intersects with the traffic circle for Bear Mountain bridge and Northern end of Palisades Parkway  at on time Palisades closed from this traffic circle to exit 14. Also the Stoney Point area of Rockland county had flooding along with parts of Putnam county. Sadly one 35 year old woman was killed in Highland Falls swept away by flood water trying to leave her home.
Hunts2long best to your wife with her upcoming appointments at least the drive is local for you this time. Since your brother has taken over many of the jobs your S-I-L would normally do since her stroke it will be hard for him to start letting her resume those things if possible even though the activity may be what she needs to make the best recovery possible.
Wallyworld The weather reporters and other news media have to be careful with their reporting otherwise folks will accuse them of "crying wolf" and ignore them only to get in trouble when the reports are correct. One the positive side your lawn is now mowed for this week.
drifter may you get some calm days to install a couple solar panels . what is the latest updates on the wildfires in your area .
IFF may you not have forgotten to pack any needed items for your trip. safe travel and good fishing wished for you and your daughter.
Whopper Stopper glad you and your wife were able to help your sister yesterday. it sounds like if she can find buyer or sell it for scrap metal there is money sitting in the woods on her property. may the baler sale go through for her .best to you with the cottonwood tree tomorrow .
Eddie may all be god with you and the family hope only your grandchildren forgetting to charge tablet battery again kept you from posting today and not storm damage .

May everyone have a good night.
  Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2581 on: Jul 11, 2023, 04:36 AM »
62* and cloudy.
The boat is hooked up, just have to check weather, get some worms and top off gas tank. Will check back in later....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2582 on: Jul 11, 2023, 04:44 AM »
                                                                   X2 on H2L's post  ;D

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2583 on: Jul 11, 2023, 08:01 AM »
Amazing the power of water and how we think we build something to withstand anything and the water shows us how powerful it can be, hopefully they get all the roads and bridges fixed around your area Mr. clean.  Well another work week has started and things are going a bit slower for us, but can be back on the hectic side any time. Good luck fishing to all those headed out, hopefully you get into the fish.  Well better get back out there and do the job.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2584 on: Jul 11, 2023, 01:41 PM »
WW, hope you had a good day on the water. 3 walleyes 2 were keepers and 1 was just under 15", also got a very nice SMB, almost 19". It got "hot" quick...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2585 on: Jul 11, 2023, 03:05 PM »
Nice work H2L  :clap:  we also got 2 keepers and 3 short  :blink:  Hot it was  @) and buggy  >:(

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2586 on: Jul 11, 2023, 09:13 PM »
Good evening, cloudy sky for most of day high temperature in the upper eighties sunny and dry. weather guessers saying tomorrow will start similar then chance of isolated rain showers/thunderstorms in afternoon. higher chances of rain in Thursday and Fridays' forecasts . The post storm clean-up has started both the Governor and leader of state assembly have visited highland Falls and pledged their help in securing state and federal aide . A Red Cross shelter has been set up in the school of one of village's churches . Access to Highland falls and USMA/West Point still limited as sections of roads in area still closed . to my knowledge the Bear Mountain bridge and it's traffic circle both slightly south of highland falls are still closed along with a section of the Palisades parkway. Ten people in need of shelter in Highland Falls many more staying with family and friends. The way law is written USMA/West Point is not eligible for FEMA aid NY's senators and congressman whose district covers that area have written a letter to head of Army Core of Engineers asking for help in rebuilding the base and getting it back to "Normal". There is an additional problem for West Point after June's graduation most of upper classes of cadets are on a month's vacation should be returning soon besides access to the base currently being limited some of the barracks were damaged by flooding. the incoming class of 2027 cadets arrived in late June and are currently going through basic training in another section of the base's land holding. They along with their trainers and other support staff are all fine. Some upper-class cadets assist in the training as all cadets will be commissioned officers upon their graduation gives them a chance to develop and work on leadership skills.

I see it is a slow day post wise to the 9:45 thread.
Wallyworld,hunts2long congratulations to both of you for getting out and catching some walleyes.
fish/hunt4ever thank you it will take several months if not longer to rebuild and get people's lives back to post flooding conditions . the terrain around highland falls and West Point is Mountainous which added to the flooding problem. may you have a good work week. Since you did not mention it or post any photos assuming you did not get to the lake this weekend .
Whopper Stopper may all have gone well with today's cottonwood tree job .
ice Wanderer taking a guess that if your area did not see heavy rain over the weekend you and neighbor /boss were painting today. May your wife's family and friends in Vermont all be in good shape. Sunday's rains has caused many problems in the "Green Mountain " state. I sent an Email to my cousin in St.Albans waiting for a reply hopefully she and her family are all doing well and not affected by flooding.
Eddie took  glance at your area's weather good to see no mention of flooding/storm damage. So assuming a busy schedule or computer issues have kept you from posting.
IFF may you be on the road and part way to your final destination in Washington .Drifter may a few calm days be in your extended weather forecast so you can install some solar panels on the cabin roof. best wished for you with that project .
Icefisher-45 may the two of you and Mr.Dickens not be dealing with any storm related problems. i also hope both of you are feeling good .

i almost forgot to mention the passenger rail line along the East side of Hudson river parts of which are shared by Amtrack and Metro-North is closed indefinitely from NYC to greater Albany area for repairs of washed out sections of track. There is a similar problem with the freight rail line which runs along the West bank of the Hudson. (My side of the river)

may everyone stay safe and healthy. prayer said that all those dealing with flooding/storm damage do not see mor if rain is in their upcoming weather forecasts. best to all fishing.
  Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2587 on: Jul 11, 2023, 10:27 PM »
No work today. Went into town to resupply. Unloaded all the supplies in the cabin and chilled for a few hours until the heat died down then went fishing for a couple of hours. Fishing was good, landing sucked. Went 1 for 6. The last couple of trips the fish have been hitting lightly and have been throwing the hook.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2588 on: Jul 12, 2023, 04:47 AM »
Morning all,

Another quick hello as were heading out for another round of water therapy  ;)

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2589 on: Jul 12, 2023, 05:42 AM »
Good morning from Colorado. 13 hr drive arrived to 91* welcome, not bad now mountain fresh I call it at 67, sure glad not much in the way of humidity was the plus.  Once the dust settled find my onboard generator usability start.  So it will be a trip to my old camping world store to see if it needs a new starter, so far I know it’s not a battery problem.

Yikes the price of gas not on tht friendly side nearly a dollar more than the states I just traveled through. Which was $3.09- 3.29.

A quick tour through the old neighborhood and not surprised at all the changes that have happened since last here.

Well on with my day hope all’s well with your day
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2590 on: Jul 12, 2023, 05:51 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!   ;D   Another decent day coming today before more rain moves in…partly cloudy and 62*, high of 80.

Wally…best of luck to Team WW again today, hope you find the walleyes hungry this morning!  :thumbsup:
  Dave…good luck with the catching today if you’re heading back out!  :clap:  What’s the water temperature up there now?
  Steve…thanks for sharing the updates, some places really got hit hard with that last storm. We lost power here early on Monday morning and then again in the afternoon for a few hours.
  Marv…have a safe day with the saws today, hope the weather stays on the cooler side until you finish!  :thumbsup:
  Bud…best of luck with the generator, hopefully it’s a simple repair!  :thumbsup:

Believe we ended up with around 3” of rain from that last storm. Garden took another hit from some of the high winds and heavy downpour’s… :'(
  Granddaughter’s have been visiting with us for a couple days. Believe shopping and lunch at their favorite restaurant is on today’s planner…Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2591 on: Jul 12, 2023, 06:23 AM »
No work today. Went into town to resupply. Unloaded all the supplies in the cabin and chilled for a few hours until the heat died down then went fishing for a couple of hours. Fishing was good, landing sucked. Went 1 for 6. The last couple of trips the fish have been hitting lightly and have been throwing the hook.
Dave, have you tried using circle hooks??? :flex: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2592 on: Jul 12, 2023, 06:49 AM »
66* and hazy.

WW, good luck today. Yesterday it was like someone turned the switch on and it got "hot" quick. Also got pretty windy out of the South.

Eddie, talked to a friend the other day and his garden took a pretty good hit with that one heavy rain we got.

I was met at the dock yesterday by John Zeis who lives about 15 miles North of me. He owns "Hillbilly Lures". He kept the Bait Shop stocked with worm harnesses. He is a school teacher so has been fishing from here out to Ontario, yesterday he was just going for a boat ride. We had a nice talk.

Taking the wife to her appt. this afternoon. The instructions for the EEG she is having, said "no more" than 4 hours sleep the night before so I will drive. I "think" we are going to "Red Robin" for a burger afterwards. You do know I am "hooked" on burgers. Her appt. that was planned for Thursday got moved to next week, wife forgot to stop taking one of her meds.

Have a good day and be safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2593 on: Jul 12, 2023, 07:25 AM »

Good Morning ER's  getting off the 90* days here now. Hope you had a great Birthday Mr. Clean. Congrats to all those catching fish. WS nice report on the outing with the girls. Drifter gotta ask did you get deal off of truck for for taking dealer out fishing? Bud hope your trip goes well stop in on way back if possible. Mom may be heading off to memory care soon a opening became available. I got a week off last week so spent a lot of it with my daughter fireworks, shopping malls and mini golf. 2nd round a trip to kohler wi for much of the same with added stops in sheboygan and a even a dip in the big lake.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2594 on: Jul 12, 2023, 08:30 AM »
Well actually made it to the lake Sunday, just not much to report, caught 4 with only 2 that were above the 14 inch mark that we kept.  Daughter shot her bow once at a carp and missed, should have taken the dog with us as she scared away the other carp the daughter could shoot at.  The sun screen was taken out of the boat so the kiddos got burnt a little bit so we did not stay too long out in the heat.  Well back at it today for work, better get motivated and ready for the trailer almost 3 hours down for the day, then off to the house to get ready for the market tonight.  Been a hot one, guess I should not have said anything as we have been around 90 for the last few days.  Have a good one everyone.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2595 on: Jul 12, 2023, 12:02 PM »
oS
Circle hook wouldn'thelpin this instance. They are being non-commital and coming up and slapping the lure with their head and body. They get hooked but the hook tears out of the skin. When they'reon they come up and engulf the lure. It just lak trout being lake trout. If I was to troll cisco rigs I would be landing a lot more but my fridge is too small to fill up with ciscoes. 😉

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2596 on: Jul 12, 2023, 04:12 PM »
Different lake today, much better conditions at least we had a breeze and some clouds today!! Landed these 4 lost 1 at boat 2 perch 3 northerns and 1 small mouth

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2597 on: Jul 12, 2023, 08:25 PM »
Congratulations team WW :clap: :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #2598 on: Jul 12, 2023, 09:36 PM »
Good evening, sunny day here with ahigh temperature in the middle eighties. Some good news for commuters the metro-North rail line has opened after repairs were made i assume Amtrack may also have resumed service .Some pleasant news from my area Sam Mongelli a graduate of Marlboro high school and Sacred Heart university was selected by the L.A. Dodgers on day two of the MLB draft.

I received an unexpected phone call earlier this evening from one of my cousin's inviting me to a surprise 50 TH wedding anniversary celebration for her parents to be held in late August. It will be good to see this cousin ,her parents and other members of my extended family

IFF may your former employer have been able to help with parts to repair the RV's on-board generator . May the remainder of your trip be problem free.
Eddie besides the power outages good to read you came through Sunday's rains alright other then damage to your garden. May it have been a fun day with your granddaughter .
OldSailor may you be getting around and  be over the pneumonia .
Hunts2long hope your wife's appointment went well and the two of you enjoyed Red Robin's burgers .
Old Goat thank you for the birthday wishes. Glad you are getting to spend some time with your daughter. Best to you with getting your mother into a memory care facility .
Fish/hunt4ever may your children not be having to much pain from their sun burns . At least you got to fish may things go better on your next trip .
Drifter may you be restocked and good for another week or two at the cabin. Hopefully the lake trout fishing improves and weather allows you to get some of the solar panels up on the roof .
Wallyworld congratulations on today's catch. nice to read you had better fishing conditions.
Whopper Stopper I'm assuming the cotton wood job went well for you yesterday .

May everyone have a good night.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2599 on: Jul 13, 2023, 05:18 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 59* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                         I wrote a post yesterday but it never made it to the thread, and we're having internet problems today.
                         Eddie..........I was lucky up here, only got 1.6 inches of rain and no wind. :whistle: I hope your garden survives the weather. :unsure:
                         Marv...........I hope you were able to knock down the tree before it got too hot. :unsure:
                         Wally..........Changin g lake made a difference. :thumbsup:
                         Steve..........That will be a nice surprise to your cousin's parents. :thumbsup:
                         Bud.............I hope you were able to get the starter at your old store. :unsure: Do you still get a discount? ???
                         H2l..............My friend made it to GSL Tuesday and did fair, I=He caught a short Walleye and I caught a Smallmouth Bass. He had a Hummingbird
                 fish finder and really had trouble reading it. We trolled the entire trip. And were done by noon. :blink:
                        Dave............I hope the wind has died down so you can get some panels installed.
                        Yesterday I busted my hump and got my firewood done. I just have some clean up to do, picking up all the shards of wood from the splitter.
                        I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2600 on: Jul 13, 2023, 05:47 AM »
64* and some light rain.

IW, glad you were able to get a fish or two in the boat, beats cutting firewood.

WW, another good day on the water, nice fish.

The wife's appt. went well and we did enjoy the burgers. Kind of glad that todays appt. got pushed to next week, the track opens today and Saratoga will be a "zoo".

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2601 on: Jul 13, 2023, 07:52 AM »
Good morning ☕️ no such luck for anything with the generator, they don’t work on them anymore, so got referee to a mobile mechanic which of course is tied up until Monday. Hoping I will be in Washington by then.  I then remembered I had stashed a 1,000 watt inverter in the RV which will be able to charge the electronics, coffee pot, and a fan if needed. Wired it up to run off the house battery.

Kids should be getting up soon, so I will go in and take a shower.
Pleasant 67* out

Got a couple errands to do so will get at it

WW crew WTG on catching

Enjoy your day
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2602 on: Jul 13, 2023, 08:05 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....as long as the coffee pot works you're good to go  ;D

H2L....there wasn't a breath of air moving Tuesday on Oneida, nothing but HOT HOT HOT, crawling bugs and floating weeds, miserable  >:(  Delta was perfct by comparison yesterday  :thumbsup:  glad MrsH2 got a good report anf the burgers hit the spot  :thumbsup:

IW.....congrats on getting the wood project completed  :flex: :bow:

WS.....hope the tree job went well and you didn't mess up your back again  :blink:

Eddie.....looks like some nasty storms again this afternoon, be safe  :-\

MrC.....good to hear things are getting repaired and reopened in a timely manner  :thumbsup:

OG.....sounds like a fun time  @)

Car and truck both getting inspected this morning, rain/t-storms on tap this afternoon.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #2603 on: Jul 13, 2023, 08:09 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  69* with a mix of clouds and sun this am, high of 85 with potential of strong T-storms this afternoon.

Bud…sorry the repair didn’t work out, but glad you have a backup plan!  :thumbsup: 
  H2…excellent news on your wife, glad you don’t have to deal with Saratoga today…it will be a good place to avoid!  :clap:
  Jeff…congrats on wrapping up the wood pile project, well done!!   :flex: :clap:  Saw on the news some areas up your way  had pretty serious problems with that last storm…glad your area wasn’t hit too hard, awesome!  :thumbsup:
  Wally…thanks for sharing the picture and congrats to Team WW on another good outing! Glad you had better conditions on the lake and with the weather… :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve…thanks for the updates, congrats to Sam Mongelli on making it to the Dodgers…will keep an eye out for him!  :clap:
  OG…glad you had a chance to spend some quality time with your daughter! Best wishes to your Mom and family with the new arrangements coming up soon, hope everything works out well.   :thumbsup:
  FH4…better luck this weekend, hopefully a break with that intense heat.  :thumbsup:
  Marv…will be looking forward to your report, hopefully everything went according to plan yesterday!   :thumbsup:

Grass is too wet mow at the moment, so heading out for a few casts to see if any Bass want to play…maybe the lawn will be ready before the rain hits again, maybe.  ;D
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2604 on: Jul 13, 2023, 11:30 AM »
Steve, I get visits from a home care nurse and I was told that even though I may feel better, I still have several weeks yet before I'm over it!! Thanks to all for their concern, but growin' old ain't for sissies!!!  ;)2 :whistle: Stay safe and keep well!! :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2605 on: Jul 13, 2023, 02:26 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

I have been busy looking at trees the last couple days. I am also waiting on word from a big job that I checked out last week. If that one comes in I will skip a couple of these other jobs as I won't have time to get them all done before hunting. I am still trying to give my sister a couple days a week and Sundays to help keep up with stuff on her end, it's working for now, but am starting to get tired.

IW...Congratulations on getting all the wood taken care of :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WW...My back felt like that of a 20 year old after my last tree job :whistle: I actually took it pretty easy and all went well.

Eddie...Best wishes for a stringer of fish :thumbsup:

h2l...Glad to read all went well with your wife's appointment :thumbsup:

The cottonwood I dumped the other day went well. I had told the guy that when it hit the ground it was going to look way bigger than it did standing. I bet it wasn't 10 seconds after it hit the dirt  he said "Holy &%$#" :roflmao:

I took a before picture of the tree, but completely forgot to get one after it hit the ground. I told my buddy with the stump grinder to go talk to the guy which he did, he was able to get the big stump, plus 2 extras from the guy and made $400 on the deal. He was pretty happy.

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2606 on: Jul 13, 2023, 07:03 PM »
Went up on the roof to stsrt instslling panels it was then I realized my racking was upside down.   ::) ::) ::)
Had to pull each piece off and flip it over.
By the time it was all flipped the winds came up again.
I have one panel sitting up there ready to mount up. Hopefully tomorrow is good for working.
Sure is hot on the roof with the sun beating down.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2607 on: Jul 14, 2023, 04:04 AM »
Morning all,

Heading to the lake again today, will catch up later  ;)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2608 on: Jul 14, 2023, 05:43 AM »
WW hope you luck on the water today and the fish keep you busy

Dave what your day temps get up too ??? And you get a lot accomplished

This is going to be a long day, will be heading to the memorial service at Fort Morgan  Cemetery at 9:00. then back to the kids house for the gathering of family and friends which will number about 30, that had accepted the invitation to attend, some I have not seen for several years. At lot catching up to do.  Should be an interesting day as well as a hot one

Have a great day all

Edit:  oops inverter not up to the task of running the coffee pot  ;)

Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #2609 on: Jul 14, 2023, 05:47 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                             It 57* and mostly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                             Wally........Good luck out on the lake today. :thumbsup:
                             Marv.........That was a big tree, did the people show up to take the wood? ???
                             H2l...........I'm glad your wife's appointment went well :thumbsup:
                             Bud..........I'm sure you will find the starter somewhere. :unsure: Did you google it? ???
                             OS............I had pneumonia years ago and it took a while to fully recuperate. And the doctor told me once you have it, the chances
                 of getting it again is high. :%$#!: 
                             Dave........ I hope the wind stays favorable so you can get the panels installed. :unsure:
                             Eddie........I hope you had some playful Bass waiting for you. :roflmao: I hope your grass was dry when you got back. :whistle:
                             Yesterday I got all the wood shards cleaned up and I raked the saw dust from the saw and got my backpack blower out to blow off what was dry.
                             I got some pretty severe thunderstorms last night with almost 3" of rain. No damage that I can tell.
                             I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.