Author Topic: NEW GEAR FOR 2023/2024 ICE SEASON  (Read 29645 times)

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: NEW GEAR FOR 2023/2024 ICE SEASON
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2023, 01:03 PM »
Oohh I like that Eskimo quick connect!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2023, 07:50 AM »
This tipup from Vexan looks pretty slick

https://fb.watch/lPEbNtz4BG/?mibextid=l2pjGR

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jul 16, 2023, 10:27 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2023, 01:45 PM »
This tipup from Vexan looks pretty slick

https://fb.watch/lPEbNtz4BG/?mibextid=l2pjGR

I’m not sure what to think on this one. It’s been brought to my attention that this may be a copy of a design by a 14 year old kid, who worked on it and just finally got it into retail last year.
I should have known to double check after Vexan was caught copying the Ace Custom Rods bag a few years ago.

https://www.firehouseproductsllc.com/r-tek-claw-tip-up

Online cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jul 17, 2023, 10:09 AM »
Saw the Clam release last week about the new tackle and popup!  Like the idea of the lights being added, but have not seen how they have them mounted.  They also came out with a new Tikka Flash jig.  Looks to be a new version of the Z viber or other Eurotackle jigs with some tweaks! 

Not sure on the Rattlin Blade PT's - will hope that their paint will hold up on the trebles, otherwise its a new version of the Rattlin blade spoon.
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jul 17, 2023, 11:38 AM »
I thought those Vexan tip ups looked familiar, I knew I had seen something similar before and couldn't figure out how they were considered new. That explains it.

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jul 19, 2023, 06:27 AM »
It’s a year latter now but $45 for a tip up seems crazy.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jul 19, 2023, 09:52 AM »
When Eskimo first introduced the full door on a hub, I was skeptical thinking it would be hard to keep the zipper from freezing and also you wouldn't be able to bank that area.  After using it for a few years, it hasn't been a problem at all.   Now seeing this new Clam with a short connected fabric,  I think that the fully open door is a better design for moving things and people in and out.   In other words, no fabric at bottom (Eskimo and Otter) seems better to me.  What does everyone else think?

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Jul 19, 2023, 10:16 AM »
I believe Clam addressed a concern with the possibility of frozen zipper(s) ...they heard us ...but what they refuse to change/fix or address is the is the sewn in windows ...although I believe the windows plastic has been upgraded ...less brittle. I recently purchased an Eskimo 650XD ...that full/walkthrough door will be a game changer ..yes concerns with the zipper freeze are there ..but some chap stick for the zipper along with a silicone waterproof spray on the shelter skirt should all but alleviate those concerns . 

EDIT: Also Clam has not added a wide bottom to their shelters ..that little extra adds a lot of real estate 

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jul 19, 2023, 09:46 PM »
Now seeing this new Clam with a short connected fabric,  I think that the fully open door is a better design for moving things and people in and out.   In other words, no fabric at bottom (Eskimo and Otter) seems better to me.  What does everyone else think?

I think the full open door is better, the Clam looks like an upgrade to the old style triangle shaped door, but still has that section you have to step over. I’d worry that part would get beat up every time it’s stepped on with cleats. Also, I’d like to be able to slide in a fully loaded sled into the hub. That’s how I see guys use the Outbreak, they drill holes, set up the hub, and then slide their sled in to get the rest set up out of the elements.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #13 on: Jul 20, 2023, 12:09 AM »
To me the new Clam wide doors just seems resembling closer to the old Clam Suitcase shelter doors of the 1060 and 5060 shelters.

No trip sure is beneficial on the Eskimo, but I still wish they would put on a double zipper on it.  So I can unzip a window on it if I want to and better adjust the skirt with the bottom zipped.  Rather than having to exit out the other door to actually do that, cuz I simply don't use the other door.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jul 20, 2023, 08:26 PM »
Triangle or full open, don't see any advantage to the clam in between idea. Hopefully one of these years the trend goes back towards lighter houses.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16 on: Jul 26, 2023, 10:56 AM »
I have the Larger sidekick ..it is a tad bulky ...although not that heavy ...atop a 5 gallon bucket works well in my buddys Eskimo 2600 ...in my Sierra it seems to take up some real estate ..its better on a small stool ...lower then the seats ...to allow the seat to swivel some . The smaller side kick might be a better choice for most smaller two man shelters

Offline primepin65

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jul 27, 2023, 01:39 PM »
I wonder how well the mini sidekick would fit in an Eskimo Wide One Inferno.
"The mountain without is merely a crutch to help us deal with the mountain within."

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Jul 27, 2023, 02:17 PM »
I wonder how well the mini sidekick would fit in an Eskimo Wide One Inferno.

these are the dimensions of the original SideKick

23.5” L x 9.5” W x 5” H

https://www.otteroutdoors.com/product/sidekick/

More then likely the Mini is the same width and height ...If you can move the seat to the far left/right it may fit .

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jul 29, 2023, 04:48 PM »
I'll be picking up a few of the Tikka flash jigs; they look awesome IMO

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline theskydiveguy

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice fishing is better than open water - change my mind!

Insta -  @smittyoutside
Tiktok - @smittyoutside

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24 on: Aug 24, 2023, 08:51 AM »
Clam at the MN State Fair.

https://fb.watch/mD6ifBpN8M/

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Aug 30, 2023, 09:19 AM »
I don't remember if someone had already posted this before. But I remember seeing a few new products posted earlier this year.
Ice Force catalog...

https://issuu.com/normarkcorporation/docs/2023-24_ice_catalog

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Aug 30, 2023, 09:30 AM »
Here's a teaser from Eskimo I saw on Facebook.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #27 on: Aug 31, 2023, 01:37 PM »
Here's a teaser from Eskimo I saw on Facebook.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.