Author Topic: NEW GEAR FOR 2023/2024 ICE SEASON  (Read 29648 times)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: NEW GEAR FOR 2023/2024 ICE SEASON
« Reply #32 on: Sep 07, 2023, 09:58 AM »
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #34 on: Sep 07, 2023, 10:33 AM »

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #36 on: Sep 08, 2023, 02:02 PM »

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #37 on: Sep 09, 2023, 10:40 AM »
If you are in the Ego platform may be a consideration

https://egopowerplus.com/power-plus-earth-auger-eg0800/

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #39 on: Sep 11, 2023, 09:31 AM »

$26 for a 6 gallon bucket WOW

MSRP ..I seen some reasonable prices on other sites after my original posting ...add in a sale or discount code these all are sure to come down even more.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #40 on: Sep 13, 2023, 05:56 AM »
 6.5 gal at bass pro $9.00 check store availability
 If any of you know an iron worker there bolts come in 7gal buckets, cost me some walleye fillets lol

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Sep 13, 2023, 10:47 AM »

$26 for a 6 gallon bucket WOW
Yeah, now those Otter, and Clam 6 gallon buckets look a bit more reasonable. Frabill, and HT's were around $20, but at least you got a cheap foam minnow bucket liner thing and maybe a cover along and I think a cheap ice fishing kit with the HT
bucket anyway. Screenprinting graphics on those things must run a few bucks why they mark them up so much.

Correction: Otter and Clam 6 gallon buckets are listed at around $30 on some online sites, and Frabill's is listed at $49.99 on Amazon  :o :o :o

Offline theskydiveguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Sep 14, 2023, 03:59 PM »
I picked up a YETI bucket from the clearance section at my local hardware store. Honestly it's a beast.

Cool accessories for it as well.

Not sure I'd pop for one of these, they look like a standard 5 gal home bucket. I know that they are a gal bigger but the Yeti bucket is pretty bulletproof.

Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, now those Otter, and Clam 6 gallon buckets look a bit more reasonable. Fragile, and HT's were around $20, but at least you got a cheap foam minnow bucket liner thing and maybe a cover along and I think a cheap ice fishing kit with the HT
bucket anyway. Screenprinting graphics on those things must run a few bucks why they mark them up so much.

Correction: Otter and Clam 6 gallon buckets are listed at around $30 on some online sites, and Frabill's is listed at $49.99 on Amazon  :o :o :o
Ice fishing is better than open water - change my mind!

Insta -  @smittyoutside
Tiktok - @smittyoutside

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #43 on: Sep 15, 2023, 09:01 AM »
It has the quick disconnect installed ...for those wonder on its operation and wobble or lack thereof

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #44 on: Sep 15, 2023, 09:03 AM »

Offline mushroom_capd_1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Sep 15, 2023, 02:05 PM »
I picked up a YETI bucket from the clearance section at my local hardware store. Honestly it's a beast.

Cool accessories for it as well.

Not sure I'd pop for one of these, they look like a standard 5 gal home bucket. I know that they are a gal bigger but the Yeti bucket is pretty bulletproof.

Just my 2 cents.
The local Wally World sometimes stocks plain white 6 gallon buckets with the rest of their ice gear and the are priced around $6-$7. With a $20 markup for company logos, I will stick with they Wally World buckets.

Offline Jeff G

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Sep 16, 2023, 03:36 PM »
Has anybody used or seen the Nordic Legend Aurora Lodge.  Came out last year.  We're looking for a big hub.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Sep 17, 2023, 06:16 PM »
I see Striker just rolled out a new climate and crossover mitt. Only 80 bucks a pop. I’ll pass. I’ll grab a pair for 30 at the end of the season. I can’t believe the markup on some of this stuff. My first pair of climate mitts lasted quite a while though. Mainly because they kept crapping out within the year and they’d send a new pair. Went on for a good 4 years.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #48 on: Sep 20, 2023, 12:35 PM »

Offline Jayman76

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Sep 20, 2023, 08:18 PM »
2b rods. Has a few new ice rods on there website

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline Finnt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Sep 21, 2023, 09:43 AM »
Power head for auger

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Sep 21, 2023, 03:43 PM »
Has anybody used or seen the Nordic Legend Aurora Lodge.  Came out last year.  We're looking for a big hub.

Can't say I'd want a giant bearded man's face on the side of my shack. No weight listed and normal style doors. For that price I'd want the full doors offered by the main brands.

I'm in MN where I believe they are based. I see ads popping up from time to time for the brand but have never seen any of there gear on the ice. If the have a following it's very small, only thing that sets them apart IMO is the chimney hole, which isn't relevant for 95% of anglers.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #53 on: Sep 21, 2023, 04:19 PM »

I don't recall much chatter on this or any other sites . I am not to keen on the logo or the orange .

TheCrappieFisherman  there new line up has a full door ...better color ...not certain on its actual foot print and what it compares to to other manufacturers offerings...still with the bearded man though.

https://nordic-legend.com/new-explorer-series/

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Sep 22, 2023, 08:10 AM »
Can't say I'd want a giant bearded man's face on the side of my shack. No weight listed and normal style doors. For that price I'd want the full doors offered by the main brands.

I'm in MN where I believe they are based. I see ads popping up from time to time for the brand but have never seen any of there gear on the ice. If the have a following it's very small, only thing that sets them apart IMO is the chimney hole, which isn't relevant for 95% of anglers.

They have a pretty fair amount of items in their catalog now, I'm thinking about 5 years ago or so, someone bought out the company, or just the name, because their stuff used to be in Mendards when they had the "cube" style popups and gas augers. Now they have edrill bits, suits, tips ups, and I count 14 different hub models on their website. Really expanded the catalog the last two seasons.

I agree about the logo, and that reminded me, last season someone from the company, maybe the owner, asked for feedback on their hubs and the new suits they had. I told him I thought the logo was a little too much, especially on the suits, they say "fish like a legend" in big letters down the legs and "Nordic L" down the arm - guessing because they couldn't fit the whole name. It has the bearded guy on the back, and one of the arms, probably other places too. I was nice about it, and I really do believe customers comparing two suits or two hubs, the logos would push that customer to his competitor. He got pretty nasty in his reply, seems like he really digs the giant bearded guy logo for some reason, so I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon. Maybe it could be covered with a Harley logo, I think the orange and black colors look about right.

I too have never seen any of their products on the ice.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #55 on: Sep 22, 2023, 12:52 PM »

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #56 on: Sep 24, 2023, 04:38 AM »
Northland has the new Pitching Puppet jigging minnow.  Designed more so for open water but, still should work for ice fishing. 

Acme Tackle has a new smaller V-Rod blade bait.  The Ice V-Rod.

Kender's Tungsten Shrimp lures.  New wonderbread glow paint lures.

For more information read my MN nice journal

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #57 on: Sep 26, 2023, 01:36 PM »

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity

Offline GBguy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Sep 26, 2023, 05:35 PM »
Did I see that right? Those new clam shelters only come with 5 ice anchors? I wish for the hundreds of dollars we she'll out for those things the manufacturers would at least include enough anchors to tie the things down properly.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.