Author Topic: 2012/2013 St. Brieux/Lake Lenore  (Read 19264 times)

Offline walldog77

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 2012/2013 St. Brieux/Lake Lenore
« Reply #60 on: Jan 01, 2013, 11:26 AM »
the grid is the triple seven not, then how onto the ice or i cant miss it

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack is always toasty, Beer is always cold.
« Reply #61 on: Jan 01, 2013, 04:30 PM »
the grid is the triple seven not, then how onto the ice or i cant miss it

Not to be an jerk, but short of driving you out there I'm not sure how I could have made it more clear? Did you even look at the link I provided?

Offline walldog77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 02, 2013, 06:47 PM »
Sorry bout that was using cell phone no issues in finding it now thanks, I heard rumour u cant even get on at ungs after the hurricane winds last night would Be nice to know before driving down there any info would be great thanx

Offline Snap Hook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 02, 2013, 09:26 PM »
I was out there today and it is not great. The entrance was blown in and I got stuck using a 4x4. Another truck did make it out to the fishing shacks, but he was working hard to get there.  I wouldn't risk it if your are traveling from Saskatoon.

I hope this helps. 

Offline walldog77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Jan 03, 2013, 03:31 PM »
We going to chance it 2 trucks and a tow rope we will break some trail I'm sure a few guys were out to the perms thanks for the info

Offline lovetheice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Jan 03, 2013, 05:13 PM »
good luck!! let us know how you make out

Offline TulibeeKing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • <'))><
« Reply #66 on: Jan 04, 2013, 08:48 PM »
Is there burbot in theses lakes?

Offline whitetail/walleyefreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 04, 2013, 09:12 PM »
Not to my knowledge. I have never caught one

Offline walldog77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 05, 2013, 11:32 AM »
Walleye were on yesterday iced 20 or so some big slimers as well and it will take one hell of trucks to get through the snow and slush we used skidoo from shanty town beauty of a day though

Offline killemfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 05, 2013, 07:34 PM »
Good to here! May try Lenore sometime.

Offline zawni83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 08, 2013, 11:48 AM »
I was out for a tour yesterday to LL. Checked out the small lake on way to lungs and there is a path pushed clear and there were some guys out front of launch fishing. Drove on lake to check it out. Safe to drive straight out but we tried going south of launch and hit lots of slush. Pretty sketchy with a truck anywhere but on the truck path right in front. Heard they were catching some pike out there. So we then continued to lungs and found that the trail is blown in and no vehicle access at lungs anymore. We walked out to shacks fished for 2 hrs and caught 2 walleye. Pretty slow. So just some heads up for Lenore. It is super slushy on top and pretty deep snow so as I see trucks are prob finished driving on LL. Bring a sled if u plan on coming this way. Any body hear anything on Breiux? If anyone's catching or if u can still drive on?

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Jan 08, 2013, 01:07 PM »
I was out for a tour yesterday to LL. Checked out the small lake on way to lungs and there is a path pushed clear and there were some guys out front of launch fishing. Drove on lake to check it out. Safe to drive straight out but we tried going south of launch and hit lots of slush. Pretty sketchy with a truck anywhere but on the truck path right in front. Heard they were catching some pike out there. So we then continued to lungs and found that the trail is blown in and no vehicle access at lungs anymore. We walked out to shacks fished for 2 hrs and caught 2 walleye. Pretty slow. So just some heads up for Lenore. It is super slushy on top and pretty deep snow so as I see trucks are prob finished driving on LL. Bring a sled if u plan on coming this way. Any body hear anything on Breiux? If anyone's catching or if u can still drive on?

Lungs will be opened up some time next week as the LL derby will be on the 19th so they will be moving snow to make sure people are able to drive in. Thanks for the update on current conditions though. Can you drive onto the ice at all at Lungs? or at least up to the shore line?

Offline zawni83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Jan 08, 2013, 04:58 PM »
You can't get on lake at all but can get to edge of ice and park on shore. Road grader plowed a path right up to lake edge. Gonna be sketchy on ice for whoever plows a trail/parking lot for the derby with all the slush patches on top.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Jan 08, 2013, 05:08 PM »
You can't get on lake at all but can get to edge of ice and park on shore. Road grader plowed a path right up to lake edge. Gonna be sketchy on ice for whoever plows a trail/parking lot for the derby with all the slush patches on top.

Thanks for the info, as long as I can get to shore I don't mind walking a few hundred meters.

Not sure what they will do with the slush problem all I know is it will be tough for guys to bring in fish for weighing if they can't get trucks on the ice.

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #74 on: Jan 09, 2013, 09:35 PM »
How about ST Brieux can you get around with 4X4 or just Ski-do's?
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Jan 09, 2013, 09:53 PM »
How about ST Brieux can you get around with 4X4 or just Ski-do's?

St Brieux wouldn't be as wind blow, but it would still be tough trucken. I would say the average 4x4 can't get around, little lift little aggresive tires then ya you would be able to labor through, but not for much longer I don't think.

It would sure be sweet if someone took the time to plow a road from the Regional Park all the way to the South End and post a sign that says no fishing within 100 yards of the road so it doesn't become a complete clusterfudge.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #76 on: Jan 09, 2013, 09:56 PM »
Does anyone know if there is road access anywhere near Sabos Bay up in the North End of LL? Like even a road within a KM? I don't mind walking a ways, seems like there is no access point to the South End of Brieux/North End of LL on the East side of the lake.

Offline zawni83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Jan 10, 2013, 12:28 PM »
me and a buddy were on the big lake yesterday and it was a hurricane to say the least! we didnt venture out of shack much, set some tip ups and settled in the cozy shanty. ended up with 8 eyes, half of them caught on tipups rigged for pike. also caught 3 pike on tipups and one on rod in shack that was 9 lbs. wish we could have worked our holes outside better cause we would have caught many more i believe. fish were putting the feed on with the new moon and the cold snap coming. was a recipe for good fishing and just had to take advantage of it! hope it holds until the derby. used sleds to access lake. the big permanent shacks are gonna need a tractor/bombi to pull them off this year!!

Offline zawni83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Jan 10, 2013, 12:39 PM »
Does anyone know if there is road access anywhere near Sabos Bay up in the North End of LL? Like even a road within a KM? I don't mind walking a ways, seems like there is no access point to the South End of Brieux/North End of LL on the East side of the lake.
last year we accessed the south end of brieux by going into the new development on the west side, parking out of anyones way, and sledding on or else walking out. not far at all from the fishing grounds on south end of brieux.
sabos would def be more of a hike from the nearest road access but there is a road on west side u can get within a couple hundred yards of sabos bay. there was a trail onto lake last year from this road and was easy sailing. doubt it is plowed this year. there is an older yard, just west of lake, it is occupied but you would drive by or park near it, and is only a few hundred yards from lake. tough to explain in writing but there is a year round road that runs very close to north end of LL. hope it helps u out.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #79 on: Jan 10, 2013, 01:44 PM »
I know the road you are speaking of, it' pretty much runs through the lake now, with the water being so high, but it is on the West side and the trek to get over to the east would be a few Km's I am sure. O well I don't have time to waste trying to get into Sabos right now anyway, will see about marking some spots over by Lungs this Sunday when I prefish for the derby.

Thanks for the update by the way. Was there anyone making an effort to even attempt getting on with a truck??

Offline zawni83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Jan 10, 2013, 01:57 PM »
I know the road you are speaking of, it' pretty much runs through the lake now, with the water being so high, but it is on the West side and the trek to get over to the east would be a few Km's I am sure. O well I don't have time to waste trying to get into Sabos right now anyway, will see about marking some spots over by Lungs this Sunday when I prefish for the derby.

Thanks for the update by the way. Was there anyone making an effort to even attempt getting on with a truck??
we barely made it through the old path with the sleds and our sleigh full of gear. my buddy bore a small path with his 800 arctic cat through the 4ft wall of snow blocking the entrance but was too narrow to pull my sleigh through his narrow path. we actually went around south of lungs farmyard and drove through fields with our sleds and accessed the lake a half mile east of boat launch. we came through his narrow path on way back and was just wide enough for my sled and sleigh. so no trucks to say the least at this time.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #81 on: Jan 10, 2013, 02:11 PM »
we barely made it through the old path with the sleds and our sleigh full of gear. my buddy bore a small path with his 800 arctic cat through the 4ft wall of snow blocking the entrance but was too narrow to pull my sleigh through his narrow path. we actually went around south of lungs farmyard and drove through fields with our sleds and accessed the lake a half mile east of boat launch. we came through his narrow path on way back and was just wide enough for my sled and sleigh. so no trucks to say the least at this time.

Ok thanks for the heads up, I assume the RM pushed up a bunch of snow, or has it just drifted that much? Guess I will be putting on my walking boots when I go out Sunday.

Offline zawni83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Jan 10, 2013, 02:40 PM »
just that drifted in. if u don't have a sled u will be hoofing it for sure! sorry. i wish i could still drive to my shack with my pickup too. makes ice fishing that much easier! haven't had to tralier sleds and the whole nine yards in 3 years. makes me realize how spoiled we were the last 2 seasons! but the lakes needed it! the last two hardwater seasons were pretty busy, especially the brieux and a lot of fish were pulled out. it will keep everyone but the hardcores or guys with sleds off the lake, kinda the way i like it sometimes. ;D

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #83 on: Jan 10, 2013, 05:16 PM »
just that drifted in. if u don't have a sled u will be hoofing it for sure! sorry. i wish i could still drive to my shack with my pickup too. makes ice fishing that much easier! haven't had to tralier sleds and the whole nine yards in 3 years. makes me realize how spoiled we were the last 2 seasons! but the lakes needed it! the last two hardwater seasons were pretty busy, especially the brieux and a lot of fish were pulled out. it will keep everyone but the hardcores or guys with sleds off the lake, kinda the way i like it sometimes. ;D

I hear ya, it's kinda why I didn't put my shack on St. Brieux this year, Eagle is much more accessable and with all this snow I am glad it's there this year. I'll strap up the tandem sleds and pull my way out to where I need to be on Lungs. Thanks again.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Jan 13, 2013, 04:54 PM »
It's really a shame that whoever clears the road down to the lake at Lungs couldn't clear it about 10ft onto the ice, the lake is still very driveable, or at least is it with my truck, but the entrance at Lungs is so blown in at the shore it's impossible to get out onto the lake to get around. It will be interesting to see what they do for the derby next weekend, it's not going to work very well the way it currently is.

Offline ShawnR

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Jan 13, 2013, 05:45 PM »
It's really a shame that whoever clears the road down to the lake at Lungs couldn't clear it about 10ft onto the ice, the lake is still very driveable, or at least is it with my truck, but the entrance at Lungs is so blown in at the shore it's impossible to get out onto the lake to get around. It will be interesting to see what they do for the derby next weekend, it's not going to work very well the way it currently is.

I'd have to imagine they clear it out.  How was the fishing out there this weekend? 

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #86 on: Jan 13, 2013, 06:26 PM »
I'd have to imagine they clear it out.  How was the fishing out there this weekend?

I wasn't able to get to where I wanted to go so it was slow to say the least as I wasn't on any type of structure, caught a Pike just under 9lbs and that was it. Fished from 9am-1pm.

Offline coldazice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be fishing
« Reply #87 on: Jan 14, 2013, 09:28 AM »
I wasn't able to get to where I wanted to go so it was slow to say the least as I wasn't on any type of structure, caught a Pike just under 9lbs and that was it. Fished from 9am-1pm.

Many times that lone 9lber will win the entire derby, hopefully that's the sort of fish you catch this upcoming weekend.
TEAM Saskatchewan: Yes, we have ice in December!.

Offline DBK81

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Jan 14, 2013, 10:50 AM »
Many times that lone 9lber will win the entire derby, hopefully that's the sort of fish you catch this upcoming weekend.

I know that's what I was thinking, "why couldn't I catch you next weekend" Hopefully if I duplicate the setup I can catch another that size. Sounds like Lungs is getting plowed on Wednesday, you'll still need a good 4X4 to get around on the lake after getting past the plowed part though.

Offline Dooman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • matrix cutter
« Reply #89 on: Jan 18, 2013, 09:40 AM »
what happen to the jan 19 lake lenore derby thread?
"Some people fish their whole lives without realizing it isn't fish they are after"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.