New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: What qualifies you to be a LURKER???  (Read 7655 times)

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: What qualifies you to be a LURKER???
« Reply #60 on: Jan 15, 2009, 04:03 AM »
I gut cookies.....

Sorels; Red White and Blue; Gander; Marcum; Flasher; Nope; Don't care; Coulda been; Real; Neither; OK; Oneida on a Maki Stoni; Don't use it; Tim Horton's I heard; YUP!; The Man; What's happening to Noel's sink; What show?; Are you an Ice Pirate?

What do I win?  8)

A box of peanut donuts and a large Tim Ho's. ;D

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #61 on: Jan 15, 2009, 04:16 AM »

Hey man I thought I told you that was that was to be kept from the masses. Those crappie synegeryboy caught were fish of a life time for some and big ones for us. You blow that out of the water and it will look like cuba lake there next weekend. Oh well at least we have been getting ours. Best thing that ever happened was that lake getting sold and opened ;)

You didn't tell me, I heard it at T&C of all places so word's getting out.  Takes all the fun out of it.  We've been slippin' in there for years.  Those were nice craps :o

Offline RedWolfUSAF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Jan 15, 2009, 04:43 AM »
A box of peanut donuts and a large Tim Ho's. ;D

This site rocks..... ;D
Don't Stand Outside too long......

Offline manhattanman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 15, 2009, 04:53 AM »
Lurk a little longer.... he jokes about it.... he'd never actually do it...... it's a running joke.... been going on for years......
A joke???? He sure is.

Offline eyedoktr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • keep your pole in the hole
« Reply #64 on: Jan 15, 2009, 06:46 AM »
A joke???? He sure is.

Manhattanman, as was said,I have been making anti bass posts on here and MFF for many years. Those that know me personally and those that have been reading my posts for a long time know that it's one thing that I joke about. Maybe because I didn't use enough smilies, some people think I'm serious. The only fish I ever kill (other than goby) end up being cleaned and eaten. I volunteer a lot of my time to help others (adults and children) in hopes of making their fishing experiences more enjoyable. Sorry I ruffled your feathers (NOT !!)
Pete Lewis

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 15, 2009, 06:54 AM »
Who cares?
We should be more concerned that this site might be furthering our sport and helping people out that might just be getting into it. If someone doesn't want to put his favorite hotspot on here , I don't blame him, but we are all lurkers to a certain extent, unless you can all say that you reply to every post that you read.
I don't have a problem with someone coming on here looking for info. that's part of what its for. sooner later they will surface and contribute, you can't help yourself.
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline FishinFoool

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #66 on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:18 AM »
 ;DLURKERS ANANOMIS ;D
steve plum can't stop fishin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline pyle

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:35 AM »
A joke???? He sure is.

Darn sockless Hippie. Always killing those bass.

Manhattan...get over yourself. Ive known Pete for a couple years and seen him even kiss a Bass like Jimmy Houston :-* :-*   Put it back in the water ever so gently and even waved goodbye to it. ;)

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #68 on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:45 AM »
Eyedoktr is a closet bass fisherman.  He says he is a die hard walleye guy but I always see him on Honeoye catching those famous 12 -14" largemouth.  I even heard he is pairing up with wnybassman to fish some summer tournies! ;D

Offline iceguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • nothin like hard h2o
« Reply #69 on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:52 AM »
A joke???? He sure is.
MHM,  I see you have 13 posts, and that makes you an expert of some sort, and the eyedotr has 1,100 more but that doesn't make an expert either ::) but if you were to take the time to read some of his posts you would find that he is a true sportsman, a teacher as well  as a student of the sport he loves and sometimes a funny guy...... BTW he really does hate bass ::).......I have pictures  :D    
guy

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Jan 15, 2009, 12:11 PM »
Who cares?
We should be more concerned that this site might be furthering our sport and helping people out that might just be getting into it. If someone doesn't want to put his favorite hotspot on here , I don't blame him, but we are all lurkers to a certain extent, unless you can all say that you reply to every post that you read.
I don't have a problem with someone coming on here looking for info. that's part of what its for. sooner later they will surface and contribute, you can't help yourself.
AMEN!!!!!!!! 8)
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline RedWolfUSAF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #71 on: Jan 15, 2009, 04:56 PM »
Eyedoktr is a closet bass fisherman.  He says he is a die hard walleye guy but I always see him on Honeoye catching those famous 12 -14" largemouth.  I even heard he is pairing up with wnybassman to fish some summer tournies! ;D

Double Stuff Oreos.... an old 5 gallon pail .... bass..... and sheepshead...... some of the 'dok's favorite things. 

Offline greg42

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bay Of Quinte Action
« Reply #72 on: Jan 15, 2009, 05:13 PM »
Lurker or stalker.....This'll keep you busy for 3mins....

http://www.bikiniicefishing.com/gallery.php

Offline BassInTheGrass

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • hans?
« Reply #73 on: Jan 15, 2009, 06:33 PM »
Lurker or stalker.....This'll keep you busy for 3mins....

http://www.bikiniicefishing.com/gallery.php

thank you.

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Jan 15, 2009, 06:58 PM »
If you really want to get down to it and oversimplify things, there are really only two reasons this site even exists:

1.  To lurk
2.  To brag

I suppose most of us are guilty of both at some point along the way. 

To hear some people's definitions of "lurking", attending fishing seminars at Gander Mtn and reading fishing magazines and books would qualify as "lurking" (taking of information without giving any).  That would probably make about 95% of us lurkers.

What I enjoy most about this site is some of the hysterical stories on it (like the dude you caught a cormorant underneath the ice), and meeting some new ice fishing buddies.  I have been helped a bit along the way, and try to pass that along.  That can be done without giving up honey-holes or anything like that.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #75 on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:04 PM »

1109 views.   75 replies.     1034  LURKERS. ::) ::) ::)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline synergyboy10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:10 PM »
Double Stuff Oreos.... an old 5 gallon pail .... bass..... and sheepshead...... some of the 'dok's favorite things. 

he really has a dislike for socks.
sometime you just have to think like a fish.

Offline RedWolfUSAF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #77 on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:22 PM »

....he's nutz ... 8)

Offline Skunker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • All I want is fish with Teeth
« Reply #78 on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:31 PM »

Love it......
100% Catch and release!!!!!!!!

Offline Diversion245

• IceShanty Rookie
  • TEAM DUCK TAPE
« Reply #79 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:35 PM »
I'm a LURKER  ;D   ::)   :o   ;D

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #80 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:38 PM »
Somr one needs to sign up with the name lurker ;D

Offline baitandwait

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Jan 16, 2009, 12:55 AM »
Well i guess i got me answear. And a lot more. For some funny reason i don't think this is over yet. :whistle: :whistle: :unsure: :unsure: >>>> Every body ready for Jan, 31st contest :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline SizeMatters

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #82 on: Jan 16, 2009, 05:29 AM »

Walleye chasin'Perch jerkin' Bass killer he is.

Offline Dull Hooks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Jan 16, 2009, 06:53 AM »

Not sure what your point is ?? When each time you view this post the # of views goes up. I am as guilty veiwing it from time to time.

Aside from that I do lurk. I log on each time I visit the site. Look at some threads that were started which might be interesting to read. Most times it's someone new to the site looking for a little help. For example someone asks what kind of jigs work best for catching perch.... Within the first 10 replies that person will get some different responses others will have the same jig and tipped with the same thing.. So not being redundent and reply to whatever else has been said I choose not too say anything and move on.

Other posts are just to get a rise out of people, stir the pot if you will. Like a recent thread that was started " Stupid Question"  about how far away tip-ups can be without being determined unattended. These type of posts are generally worthless but I'll skim through it to see what type of answers some of our internet pro's will toss up. The person who started it wasn't looking for a discussion but looking for that grey area to be confirmed or an angle so that person won't get into any problems when a ECO shows up and hands out a ticket. I again didn't post on that thread either.. Wasn't worth it..

I also like to look at photo people put up of their catch.. But once again I choose not to post " Looks like a great day and great catch .. Great job " as 3 or more pages of the same thing will be already been posted.

So I will continue to LURK when I sign on and contribute when I see fit..

Offline rvz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Jan 16, 2009, 07:04 AM »

So I will continue to LURK when I sign on and contribute when I see fit..

That pretty much sums it up for me too!  This forum is not a race to see who has the most posts, its about the exchange of USEFUL information.

Offline TheManInBlack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #85 on: Jan 16, 2009, 07:28 AM »
        1109 views.   75 replies.     1034  LURKERS.   

Yeah, that kind of logic is a bunch is a bunch of hogwash.  1109 views does NOT mean that 1109 people have viewed this post, it means it has been viewed 1109 times (some people have viewed it multiple times).  If I viewed this post 3 times, but only posted once, it would show up as 3 view and 1 reply (hence 2 lurkers???).  So following this logic, unless you reply EVERY single time you read a thread, you are a LURKER (so I guess that makes us ALL lurkers)! 

Could you imagine all the crap that would be posted here if everyone posted to every thread they ever read?  Maybe I should start posting "I read this" to every single thread I view so I can't be considered a lurker (only kidding Mods)! :D

I think that most people know this, and just post the statistics to try to get a rise out of people... ::)

Offline skunkedbywalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • come on baby
« Reply #86 on: Jan 16, 2009, 11:12 AM »
If you lurk next to me or take my advice---you to will get skunked  ;D

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #87 on: Jan 16, 2009, 11:38 AM »
I would guess that the 34 Moderators here contribute thousands of views each day. We read a lot of stuff checking content etc.

We are champion Lurkers!

By the way...is that designation (Lurker) used on other sites? Or is it an endemic specie on IceShanty?

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline kappydick

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Jan 16, 2009, 12:44 PM »
I would guess that the 34 Moderators here contribute thousands of views each day. We read a lot of stuff checking content etc.

We are champion Lurkers!

By the way...is that designation (Lurker) used on other sites? Or is it an endemic specie on IceShanty?

RG

lurkers are everywhere  :unsure:

Offline NiagaraJiggin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Your Rods Bent !!
« Reply #89 on: Jan 16, 2009, 01:42 PM »
Lurker ??   I've been a member since October 2004 and only have 68 posts. The problem is some folks post a million posts of complete BS to increase their post numbers and then are assuming others are lurking on this site. I read a lot of the posts for informational purposes, which is exactly what this site should be for. Now, instead of me getting the info I desire from a thread, I have to sift through 115 BS posts out of the 117 posts to get any info that is relavant. It's a shame sometimes to read the selfish ranting on this site which is exactly why my posting number is low. I refuse to stoop to the level of "gossiper / finger pointer". I have, on occasion, expressed my opinion but very rarely. This site is supposed to be a tool for all to become better icefisherpeople with the help of knowledge that others have already painstakingly gained. Why reinvent the wheel and make everyone suffer through the hardships of being blanked while out icefishing. Just share your tips and thoughts that you feel are relavant and keep the ones that aren't to yourself........amen.. ...
Keep Your Rods Bent !!
~NiagaraJiggin~
Master Forest Owner Volunteer
NYFOA Member
Creator of the Swoongie Fishing System

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.