Author Topic: fishers in the stark area  (Read 953 times)

Offline icedevil

• IceShanty Rookie
fishers in the stark area
« on: Jan 12, 2009, 09:36 PM »
just checking to see if any yous guys fish the stark ponds and lakes
i come home about once a month to groveton and fish them every time

:tipup: :tipup:

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: fishers in the stark area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2009, 02:09 PM »
where do you fish....christine and south pond????? i think those are the only two up there.....i know christine has some nice browns, but the weather can be brutal up there and so is the road up.....you surely need a snowmobile or quad, but maybe they plow it now.....i heard south pond has some nice fish, but the access is limited....i plan on going up to bassrangers camp this winter to test the waters.....might be a few largies or two
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2009, 07:16 PM »
we should be able to get a hook or two into some big smallies also.
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2009, 07:56 PM »
i thought  you were retired.....lol
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline geo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:10 PM »
i fished south 3 weeks ago. 6 inches if ice then. the fishing was good we got 12 lakers 1 perch and one pick. they need to even reduce the keep legnth on lakers in that pond all of the fish were under 15 except the the pick.

Offline icedevil

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2009, 09:37 PM »
where do you fish....christine and south pond????? i think those are the only two up there.....i know christine has some nice browns, but the weather can be brutal up there and so is the road up.....you surely need a snowmobile or quad, but maybe they plow it now.....i heard south pond has some nice fish, but the access is limited....i plan on going up to bassrangers camp this winter to test the waters.....might be a few largies or two

i fish both christine is ok the road usually gets plowed but its like the last one done my buddies dad is the plow guy
you can access from the back but you gotta walk a bit no vehicles in through there  i went a few weeks ago and there was almost a foot on the back
and the front looked like a swimming pool got 5 browns 13-15" in about 2 hours so it was a good day

Offline NHIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2009, 09:30 AM »
I've fished south pond a few times and we got lakers, but it was slow most times.   I've seen lots of cusk traps in there too
That place has some major cliffs/dropoffs on the left side coming from the beach.  You may have better luck fishing the sandy beach area for bows

Offline trout chaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2009, 10:28 AM »
yes  christine   very   cold    nice    nice    clean   cold  water      nice   fishing   dress   warm

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.