Author Topic: alice beach,wee too and area  (Read 1387 times)

Offline bizon

• IceShanty Rookie
alice beach,wee too and area
« on: Jan 12, 2009, 08:30 PM »
anyone got any good spots out here as of the past 2 weekend thing are quite slow.??

Offline eyefriendly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • They're down there somewhere!
Re: alice beach,wee too and area
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2009, 11:35 AM »
 Sounds like typical Dead Sea action, at first ice the action can be incredible, then for whatever reason the big schools disperse and fishing can get real tough! Not that it's a sure fire technique, but what I do is hit all the obvious points. It's time to drill lots of holes shallow to deep & side to side. I also try to find the point way out in the lake and fish the deeper parts of the point(transition areas). Sometimes fishing the depths also provides an opportunity for Perch(the other white meat). hope this helps & happy hunting!
Golf is for people that don't know how to fish.

Offline Perch Master

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish with a Vex, or get skunked like the rest.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2009, 02:59 PM »
I was up in the Alice Beach area last weekend, fished on both sides of the lake, anywhere from 20 - 40 feet deep.  I saw twice as much action on the flasher compared to the past couple times I was out further south.  They don't seem hungry....if they were, they would bite.  A buddy was up in the Collingwood area last Sunday and he didn't make out any better.  I could really go for a bucket full of jumbos one of these days!!!

Offline Pants

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Take a kid fishing and share our sport!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2009, 10:57 AM »
Bizon, we need to find where that point runs out from the main beach...better start driling some holes to find the shelf!  :P
Teach your children, but never be afraid to let them teach you

Offline Fishin34

• IceShanty Rookie
  • C&R
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2009, 04:33 PM »
I was out earlier today on LML, pretty slow for the most part, got like 7-10 tubilee though, at one point thought i was gonna have to change up spots cause i got 5 within 15 minutes, not that im one to complain about any fish biting my line. Had 2 tip ups set up, no love on them at all, scattered depths all day on them. talked to 3 other people out there, one guy got a little pike, and two other said they hadn't gotten a bite, or seen a fish on there cameras. awesome day out there though, could be worse. damm those pike though, looks like ill have to wait another week to chase one down.

Offline Perch Master

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish with a Vex, or get skunked like the rest.
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2009, 03:51 PM »
I never made it out this past weekend and wanted to try Glen Harbour area.   :(

A buddy (who is not on Ice Shanty) and his friends were up that way on Sunday and reported that there were a few trails that weren't too bad to drive around on.  They got on at Glen Harbour, fished both sides of the lake, and North from Glen Harbour, and had a slow day....a couple small Walleye and a few Perch.

Typical dead sea action....hope they start hammering the hooks soon!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.