Author Topic: Back for another year  (Read 1526 times)

Offline tundra1965

• IceShanty Rookie
Back for another year
« on: Jan 12, 2009, 09:52 AM »
Well am back for another year of great info from all of you. Am lookin forward to more time out on the ice this year than i had time for last year. Am curious of a couple places near me for ice thickness. Pawtuckaway, swains, Madbury reservoir, and Phillips. thanks for any info, hve some guys from work that are gettin into fishing this year so finally not fishing alone.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
Re: Back for another year
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2009, 10:14 AM »
Well am back for another year of great info from all of you. Am lookin forward to more time out on the ice this year than i had time for last year. Am curious of a couple places near me for ice thickness. Pawtuckaway, swains, Madbury reservoir, and Phillips. thanks for any info, hve some guys from work that are gettin into fishing this year so finally not fishing alone.
here goes....pawtuckaway has 5 to 6 inches....lots of people down there though....phillips has about the same.....jibbs.....as for  madury res.....no clue and swains no clue....i am sure they are all ready to go however
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline tundra1965

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2009, 10:36 AM »
here goes....pawtuckaway has 5 to 6 inches....lots of people down there though....phillips has about the same.....jibbs.....as for  madury res.....no clue and swains no clue....i am sure they are all ready to go however
[/
quote]Thanks Jibbs

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2009, 10:50 AM »
[/
quote]Thanks Jibbs
we have been using our quads as well, so there is a pretty good guage
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2009, 05:38 PM »
jibbs:  Is the bass bite on Phillips still good?  I used to fish there when I was younger and had many good days out there.

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2009, 04:24 AM »
jibbs:  Is the bass bite on Phillips still good?  I used to fish there when I was younger and had many good days out there.
the best is right now.....

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2009, 07:03 AM »
I've gotta get up there again soon.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2009, 12:53 PM »
I've gotta get up there again soon.
pulled a bass just shy of 6 pounds this morning....she read 5 lbs 14 ounces......it is the first time ever that i didn't have a camera and i kick myself......the only fish of the morning.......however, every trap had a shiner on it that could choke a horse.....go big or go home, which i did around noon.......lol

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2009, 02:14 PM »
also most spots had around a foot of ice.....a bit slushy under the snow....well real slushy if you have a quad.......

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 13, 2009, 05:39 PM »
No quad.  I'll be walking.   :P

Offline tundra1965

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 13, 2009, 05:44 PM »
Well one of the guys that got into it this year is from Maine so off to Mousam this weekend .....wish could do more than 2 traps though

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:04 PM »
No quad.  I'll be walking.   :P
THAT'S FINE......PACK LIGHT, BECAUSE THE PULL COULD BE TOUGH.....THERE IS ROUGHLY A 10 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW, WHICH WILL BE ROUGH ON THE SLED.......IF YOU NEED SOME AREAS TO FISH LET ME KNOW.....MY SPOT WAS SLOW TODAY, BUT DID PRODUCE THAT CHUNK.....SO I ENDED UP HAPPY.......GOOD LUCK AND LET ME KNOW......JIBBS

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:04 PM »
Thanks jibbs.  I'll be sure to take you up on the offer.

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 14, 2009, 06:13 PM »
jibbs:  Where can I park at Phillips?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.