New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Meacham Lake get-together (Northern ADK regional)  (Read 1043 times)

Offline bdub78

• IceShanty Rookie
Meacham Lake get-together (Northern ADK regional)
« on: Jan 11, 2009, 07:27 AM »
Hey all!!!

Well, I was going to do a Meacham lake get-together this year, but another fire has taken out a resturant/hotel that was near the lake, so the venue will have to change. 

Here is what I'm thinking, either Lake Flower or Colby lake in the Saranac Lake region, or even maybe doing Simond Pond in Tupper Lake, kinda scope it out before the northern challenge.  Both have bait stores and hotels nearby.  I was thinking either the weekend of the 24th or the weekend of the 31st.

I am thinking that if we could get 20 guys together we could have a pretty good mini-tournament.  Everyone throw in 10 and we could do a winner take all for biggest perch and biggest pike(unless its colby, then we could do biggest gill). 

We could have a big barbeque and a fish fry(as long as we don't get skunked) after all the fishing is done. 

I am thinking register at my shanty starting at 7am and ending at 8am(hey! I wanna fish too :) ) and fishing till 3pm.  Fish fry at 4pm.

Let me know if there is any interest and which lake you are most likely to attend at.

bdub

Offline nypike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ALL THROUGH THE ICE!!!
Re: Meacham Lake get-together (Northern ADK regional)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2009, 09:11 AM »
I am in. I live right in tupper, pm me if you need some info from here.
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 36 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in northern New York

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/camofish/IceShantyStuff/walleye22013_zpsbe2b0c13.png

Offline bdub78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2009, 06:48 PM »
How's the ice there in Tupper?

Offline 3beagles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2009, 08:29 PM »
I live in Tupper also.  I measured 9" on Simond  Pond yesterday.  There are 4 or 5 shacks out there and I saw some truck tracks heading out onto the lake.  Mine stayed on shore and I took my 4 wheeler out.  There is at least one shanty on Tupper Lake over by the bluffs.  Have to be carefull there because of the channel (Raquette River).  There is also one shack on Raquette Pond and I saw a truck out there the other day. 
Mike

Offline champlainmonster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2009, 09:54 PM »
i would be interested if you are going to fish for pike
[*IMG]http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/wt_cba_08/Fishing/2-18-08001b-2.jpg[/IMG*]

Offline bdub78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2009, 12:29 PM »
If we are going to do Simond Pond then pike will definatly be one of the fish awards.

bdub

ps.  for your signature, take the * out from in front of and behind img to show your pic.

Offline bdub78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2009, 06:37 AM »
Well, I guess there isn't a lot of interest in this, hopefully I'll see some of you guys out there...  Stay warm the next few days... I'm gonna be at meacham all day sat. I'll post updates sat night.

bdub

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2009, 07:11 AM »
I might go, but not sure really where to go.  Do they keep it plowed ?  Do you go to the boat launch ?

If I go I may have to just tag along because I am unsure where to fish through the ice.

I usually fish up by the osgood river during open water....

I used to catch big splake out in front of the beach during the spring.

Let me know if I could possibly tag along.  I am not sure, I am also thinking about either-
Chateaugay lake for perch (hammered them yesterday, I will try to post pictures) or Coles Creek for Walleye and Perch..

Offline bdub78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2009, 10:33 AM »
I was up at Hawkins point yesterday and it was only dinks.  As far as meacham, park at the boat launch and walk straight out.  STAY AWAY FROM THE LEFT OF THE BOAT LAUNCH!!! There is a fast flowing spring about 30 yards to the left and ice is always sketchy there.  You are more than welcome to tag along.  I have a green Eskimo 2man portable.  I will either be to the right of the boat launch if I want to go after perch, or about 50 yards off the beach going for splake, LLS and perch.  Let me know if you are planning on going friday and I'll give you a better idea of what part of the lake I'll be on.  I will probably get there around 930 and stay till 5 or so.

They keep it plowed both to the boat launch and over to the beach.

bdub

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2009, 11:13 AM »
I was up at Hawkins point yesterday and it was only dinks.  As far as meacham, park at the boat launch and walk straight out.  STAY AWAY FROM THE LEFT OF THE BOAT LAUNCH!!! There is a fast flowing spring about 30 yards to the left and ice is always sketchy there.  You are more than welcome to tag along.  I have a green Eskimo 2man portable.  I will either be to the right of the boat launch if I want to go after perch, or about 50 yards off the beach going for splake, LLS and perch.  Let me know if you are planning on going friday and I'll give you a better idea of what part of the lake I'll be on.  I will probably get there around 930 and stay till 5 or so.

They keep it plowed both to the boat launch and over to the beach.

bdub

Are you getting any size to the perch?  I am not much of a trout eater.  However I love the perch. Any Pike to the right of the boat launch ?
I posted some pictures of the perch I caught on Chateaugay lake yesterday under "Chateaugay Lake"...

Offline bdub78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2009, 05:08 PM »
This will be my first time out at meacham this year...  I haven't seen any postings on the lake yet so it'll be a guess as to what will happen... Usually some good fishing there, but you never know.......  Nice perch, hopefully meacham will be similar.. :)

bdub

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.