Author Topic: east twin lake any ice?  (Read 1342 times)

Offline yellabella

• Team IceShanty Regular
east twin lake any ice?
« on: Jan 10, 2009, 08:06 AM »
hey I was wondering if there was any ice on east twin lake and if so how is the action thanks jon

Offline yellabella

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: east twin lake any ice?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2009, 01:34 PM »
no one

Offline duramaxdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2009, 03:27 PM »
I was just looking at that lake in my fisheries guide to lakes and ponds of CT. I was looking at the map and day dreamed fishing it from the comfort of my couch. I thought fishing the point of the island (tip of the island moving towards southeast) from shallow to deep with shiners on tip ups. I f nothing happened there I would Scatter tip  ups back towards parking area(southeastern tip of island moving North by north west). Fishing from maybe 3-5 ft off bottom to maybe a foot or two  under the ice. The showdown and aqua-view will help to refine the depths in which to fish. And yes while tip ups are soaking I would jump from hole to hole jigging for crappies or what ever bites with shiners, spikes,  waxies on a jig which ever works. Doe's anyone think this sounds good? open up yours books( I know you got 'em) and let me know what you would do.
If this lake has good ice I'll be on it. Next week is no work and all fish.

Offline linebreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2009, 07:12 PM »
Thanks for reminding me about the book as I will look into it. Always nice to try a new place. Next week will be a good week, hopefully the snow will hold off long enough to do some fishing. tired of plowing and sanding already!

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2009, 07:46 PM »
Folks are very quiet when it comes to that place.

It takes a long time to freeze and even when it does it's very irregular. A great trout fishery though and hopefully I'll be up that way in the next couple of weeks.
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2009, 07:49 PM »
never been to that place, let me know how you make out there spanky.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline duramaxdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2009, 11:08 AM »
So I can't stop thinking about this place. In my search for pre-fishing lake info I compared the topo map of east twin in my fisheries guide to lakes and ponds of CT to the satellite view on google maps and was impressed with the picture. Pretty cool I'm either going up tomorrow for the clear but cold forecast or next chance will be monday or wednesday

Offline yellabella

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2009, 12:06 PM »
i drove by there about 3 days ago it looks like it is all locked up there are people fishing on it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.