The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: THINGS DOWN THE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2013 times)

Offline flagguy83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "LETS GO ICE FISHING"
THINGS DOWN THE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:30 PM »
ALRIGHT I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT SOME OF YOU GUYS LOST DOWN THE HOLE. MINE IS MY VEX A FEW DAYS AGO THREW THE SPEARING HOLE AND I LOST A ROD AND REEL(NOT PAYING ATTENTION). WHAT ARE YOURS?

Offline carver1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I CANT LEAVE, I ALMOST HAD A BITE
Re: THINGS DOWN THE HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:37 PM »
BLACKBERRY, ANOTHER BLACKBERRY ( BOTH AT SIMCOE)..... tHE FOLLOWING WEEKEND DOWN HERE MY BUDDY LOST HIS WEDDING RING.... TOO BOOT HE LOST HIS REPLACEMENT RING IN THE GUT PILE OF HIS DEER THE FOLLOWING OCTOBER.... He did drive all the way back to brighton ( from redford) and got that one back

Offline Adam Bomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Walleye Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:38 PM »
Ive been fortunate and havent lost anything significant. Maybe a jig or two, but thats about it. My buddy drilled a hole one time and as he went to run the auger down again to clean the hole when the auger came off the power head. :o...Thank god for UW cameras cause it was in like 15' of water. It actually glided off to the side a bit. So, we took my auger and drilled a hole over that way and used our safety rope and tied a gaff on it. After a few attemps we were able to hook the bottom of the auger near the blades and haul it back up.

By the way, did you get your stuff back? I seen in your original post that you were going to head out with the camera and try your luck.
Get your MOJO rising.
Adam

Offline flagguy83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "LETS GO ICE FISHING"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:40 PM »
OH YA I LOST MY WEDDING RING JUST A FEW DAYS AGO TO. SHAKING MY HANDS AROUND TRYING TO WARM THEM UP AFTER A PIKE CATCH. COULD NOT FIND IT. THE WIFES NOT TO HAPPY WITH ME RIGHT NOW.

Offline flagguy83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "LETS GO ICE FISHING"
« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:42 PM »
Ive been fortunate and havent lost anything significant. Maybe a jig or two, but thats about it. My buddy drilled a hole one time and as he went to run the auger down again to clean the hole when the auger came off the power head. :o...Thank god for UW cameras cause it was in like 15' of water. It actually glided off to the side a bit. So, we took my auger and drilled a hole over that way and used our safety rope and tied a gaff on it. After a few attemps we were able to hook the bottom of the auger near the blades and haul it back up.

By the way, did you get your stuff back? I seen in your original post that you were going to head out with the camera and try your luck.
yes, I did get it and after letting it sit for a few days it works. Gotta love them vexilars.

Offline Farley

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM DUCK TAPE
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:49 PM »
It seems to me that when I'm in the hut that stupid hole has a magnetic force however when I'm in my boat (360 degrees of nothing but water) I seldom drop anything over the side ??? ??? ??? Go figure.......Never under estimate the consuming force of a 7 inch hole.
If it ain't broken, you ain't try'in!

Offline SNAPPY

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:51 PM »
My c-cell maglite. Had it in my right pocket and while bringing up a nice walleye to my left, it fell out of my pocket (into the right hole!). Didnt know it at first but when I went to grab it, it was gone. I got the fish but I would rather have that light! :(

Offline flagguy83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "LETS GO ICE FISHING"
« Reply #7 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:52 PM »
It seems to me that when I'm in the hut that stupid hole has a magnetic force however when I'm in my boat (360 degrees of nothing but water) I seldom drop anything over the side ??? ??? ??? Go figure.......Never under estimate the consuming force of a 7 inch hole.
I CANT EVEN COUNT HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE LOST PLIERS DOWN THE HOLE. WHEN THE BUDDY YOUR FISHING WITH ASKS YOU TO THROW THE LIERS TO THEM AND THEY GO RIGHT DOWN THE HOLE. WISH I COULD PLAY BASKETBALL LIKE THAT. LOL

Offline GTFS

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 10, 2009, 05:40 AM »
I was fishing with a buddy who had his sunglasses on his head and he bent over and the glasses fell in the hole.  The best part was watching the glasses flutter to the bottom on the vex in 75 ft.

Offline icerink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:58 AM »
Not through the ice but note worthy. A few years ago we were on Townline Lake sking near the church camp (starting and dropping off skis) and my sister lost her diamond ring in chest high water. Eight of us looked for hours and finally gave up. The following week we were swimming in the same area and my Dad decided to look again in the very sandy area. I thought he was crazy until he yelled "nobody move, I see it !" It was laying right on top of the sand in about four feet of water.

My sister was shocked to see the ring when she arrived that weekend.

Offline MOOSE810

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2009, 08:52 AM »
so i guess the the thing is ice fishing is like going on a date with your girlfriend when your married don't were the damn wedding ring out. hahahaha.

Offline Farley

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TEAM DUCK TAPE
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2009, 04:37 PM »
Don't be putting your gear in the lake, you'll give all of our secrets away to the fish! ;D
If it ain't broken, you ain't try'in!

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2009, 06:21 PM »
lost a couple metal ice scoops and then today i lost one of my stakes that holds my shanty down.
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline Higgins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT EVER IT TAKES
« Reply #13 on: Jan 11, 2009, 11:25 PM »
I just lost a rod and reel on Higgins lake Sat-night-smelt.

Read my post if you want to here a funny/sad story:

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=99272.0

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11, 2009, 11:57 PM »
ive lost two phones and dropped a third one last week but scooped it up in time.

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2009, 12:10 AM »
lost a damn scooper yesterday. lost beer before. lost a rod and reel once....lost a 29" dolly varden char. i hate losin stuff down the hole
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Offline wetline005

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I only fish on days that end in "Y"...
« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2009, 04:53 AM »
Saturday i lost my pliers and my cell phone. I always keep both in a side pocket, but i got some texts and my phone kept beeping at me, so i through the phone in my chest pocket. Sure enough i bent over a hole and there she goes down the hole.

Offline DRR324

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Emilys 27" walleye- released 1/10/10
« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2009, 08:57 AM »
Last year, lost a tip up that was hanging on the wall of my shanty, knocked it off with the spud and swished it.... have also lost minnow nets, twice last year- and once the other night.  Did snag them and retrieve them however.... aslo threw a spud in the lake last year.
Chipping out a buddies shanty, my brother pried the end up and didn't remove the snow, so I walked around to his end, first shot at chipping the ice and snow- the spud went right under the shanty, out of my hands, and down the spearing hole....
Sit in the house- or sit in the shanty, let's see, beer and crappies- I'm going fishing.

Offline zwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 12, 2009, 09:32 AM »
When I was a kid, I lost a spud while walking along using it as a walking stick.  It hit a hole covered up by snow.  When to pluck it down expecting solid ice and it just slid right out of my hand.  Dad wasn't happy with me.

Offline Knoodles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #19 on: Jan 12, 2009, 09:41 AM »
Just out on the ice for a 5 day trip.  Didnt do too bad we only lost a light bulb, 3 plastic forks, a pair of sunglasses, and a tape measure.  We almost lost a rod and a camera, but quick hands saved the day!!!!!!

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I thought you were bringing the bait"
« Reply #20 on: Jan 12, 2009, 10:30 AM »
One time on wamplers lake, ( first off in thin ice i use a saw instead of a auger) i was fishing alot of old frozen over holes and i went to jam the ice saw throught the 1.5 inch of fresh ice covering the old hole, to find out that my buddy had allready stomped that hole out, yeah a booby trap, looked frozen but was slush in an already open hole.  yep like a spear "SSSHHHOOOOOOP" straight down the hole!!! yep 20 ft deep also. Only good thing about the deal was the Saw is front heavy so again acting like a spear it stuck straight up in the mud on the bottom. spent 6 hrs trying to lasso it with my tip up line, then a nice guy came up and asked waht i was doing and offered me anything i seen of his that would be of help, i ended up tying a ice cleat(the kind you put on your boots) to my tip up and it worked!!! got her out and shes still cutting hole for me today!!! thank God cause my Dad bought me that saw years ago, Would have went swimming for that if i had to......other than my saw down the hole, Scooper, minnow net, pliers,tobacco pipe, cell phone, thats about it.
"DUDE Where'd my rod GO!!"

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline 53andout

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Time spent fishing is not deducted from the total
« Reply #21 on: Jan 12, 2009, 11:21 AM »
I was fishing a bayou off the Muskegon where the water was 3 to 5 feet deep depending on how water they let out of the dam. Anyway I was setting a tipup in an existing hole that I liked. When i cleaned the ice and slush out I could see something. Looking a little closer I could see it was a pipe of some sort. I took a piece of nylon rope and wrapped it around my spud, lowered it down and snagged a nice spud.
Bruster

Offline J FISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • perch plucken
« Reply #22 on: Jan 12, 2009, 12:31 PM »
1cell phone, 1 spud, 1 mag light and the arm for my lawerance.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #23 on: Jan 12, 2009, 01:41 PM »
spud,sunglassess,jigs,scoop,bait,wind up radio,jim beam flask.ive lost alot of things down the hole.fishin poles,and fish also.i dont even dare to bring my digital camera.

Offline thebig1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Jan 12, 2009, 01:48 PM »
I've only lost a few hemo's, my wife on the other hand has lost rod holders, spoons, poles, one day we almost lost her ;D ;D
Here fishy fishy!!!!!!
[IMG]

Offline detroitroofer149

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish, you say let me get my pole..
« Reply #25 on: Jan 12, 2009, 05:21 PM »
i wish i could lose my wife down a hole....lol just kidding

Offline Howie Ketchdem

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I thought you were bringing the bait"
« Reply #26 on: Jan 13, 2009, 11:30 AM »
i wish i could lose my wife down a hole....lol just kidding

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
"DUDE Where'd my rod GO!!"

FLAAAAAAGGGGGG!!!!

Offline jer204

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 13, 2009, 12:45 PM »
Sunglasses, phone, maglight, maglight, maglight, maglight.  I should own stock!

Offline TheWrench

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 13, 2009, 12:57 PM »
Poured one cup of JOE went pour another and droped the cup from my thermos.

Offline slabspanker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • i sell wood and wood products
« Reply #29 on: Jan 13, 2009, 01:18 PM »
UP IN SIMCOE A FEW YRS AGO. BUDDY GOT INTO THE SO-CO. HE FELL ASLEEP WIT ALL OF US IN THE HUT AND SLIPPED INTO THE HOLE KNEE DEEP. SAME DAY EARLIER, HE DROPPED HIS BRAND NEW ROD COMBO DOWN THE HOLE, MY OTHER BUDDY JIGGED IT UP WITH HIS SPREADER. THIS GUY QUIT ICE FISHING...
wood is good

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.