The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Local Central Mass Ice reports  (Read 1384 times)

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
Local Central Mass Ice reports
« on: Jan 08, 2009, 12:03 PM »
Gentlemen,

I thought I would post this up as a repository for local central mass. This is a copy of the post I made in the "checked A1 Yesterday" Thread. I looked around (briefly) and could not find a generic ice report thread so hopefull, everyone can post here, if your so inclined  :)

So, today I kicked off my lunch-time, get out of the office scouting runs.

Stump (a1): no fishing going on as of noon today. The surface around the spillway is DARK with a ~ 20 yard ring around it that is gray. The rest of the pond was white with the recent crust. (no tracks)
That said, be really careful friends!

Little Chauncy: 1 guy out fishing to left of ramp. Could not drive down as I did not have the truck 

Chauncy: 2 guys in the cove (first left out to the pennisula). They are fishing on 3.5" of black, under the crust crap we got yesterday. Within the first hour, 1 flag, no fish.

Flint Pond: No fishing, no tracks. Walked on at ramp and seemed ok close to shore. The broads, not to appealing.

Qunisig: (Fallon clinic - North end) 2 guys in cove past the 290 bridge. close to shore, 2" of ice. God bless 'em. My end, South end, not yet guys/gals...

"That's my story and I'm stickin to it"..

Flaggs!

IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline JDiPerrio

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Local Central Mass Ice reports
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2009, 12:13 PM »
God Bless them is right, Good thing the hospital is only 2 seconds away

Offline FallRiverIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2009, 01:22 PM »
eecellent report...really appreciate the updates guys.....itchin really bad to chase a flag, anyone else?...

to screamin spools

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2009, 01:23 PM »
Very true that it is a good thing that the hospital is 2 seconds away.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline massmanmark

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2009, 02:19 PM »
Driving home from work, I saw the 2 guys on quinsig, I think they had life jackets, and kid swimmies on,
I drive by there every day to get home, and I was sure not to see anyone out there for at least a couple of weeks, it was open last weekend.

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2009, 02:34 PM »
Probably the same 2 coconuts I saw! I too drive by the whole length of the lake at least twice a day to and from my home on the southern end. (off 1/2 moon cove)

I guess, when ya gutta fish, ya gutta fish!   :cookoo:

Flaggs!
IceShanty.Com: "The best place to go ice fishing, when you can't go ice fishing!"   A Flaggs Orginal

Offline drl823

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2009, 03:04 PM »
I was checking ponds in the Northshore as well......2 guys on a local pond 2-4 inches of ice ....needless to say they were on shore and tilts were only about 30 ft out .....still crazy if ya ask me

Offline buzz1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2009, 03:22 PM »
went by webster lake near waterfront marys,2 guys fishing not too far from shore

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2009, 09:09 AM »
This morning.... Stopped and went down to guys fishing on North Lake Qunisig. They are fishing on 4-5 inches.
Spill way and under bridge need more time.

There you go JDiP! Your personal Lake Qunisig report for January 9, '09  ;D

Flaggs!

Offline JDiPerrio

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:25 AM »
wow Thank you Sir Ill try and get out there sunday afterwork

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2009, 11:11 AM »
Just got in from a drive around Fort Meadow in Hudson.. I am was very surprised to see there were NO HOLES, NO FISHING indications what-so-ever! There's some nice swamp hogs in there! The ice looked good (though looks mean nothing  ;)

Flaggs!

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2009, 11:53 AM »
my buddy lives on fort meadow , I always have great access. I have caught everything there,no pike in there though.I even caught a 41 inch eel.
youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Offline flaggs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Old School!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2009, 11:57 AM »
my buddy lives on fort meadow , I always have great access. I have caught everything there,no pike in there though.I even caught a 41 inch eel.
hey bigbry, is he fishing it?  I also have close freinds who live on the pond. Look from the water at the beach, he is to the left just before the chanel to the other side.  See if he's fishing? My friend does not ice fish so he has no clue!

nope, no pike, but like you say, a real nice mix!

Flaggs!

Offline bumps

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2009, 08:18 PM »
Hey Flaggs, I live across the street from you.  I am on Pineland ave next to the bait shop.  Do you know if that guy has any suckers yet?

Offline tibbs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SUMTINWONG
« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2009, 09:07 PM »
bumps whats up buddy,you no  that guy doesnt open till 1 :ohe has big orange one"s 4 sale. flaggs ol pal hope to see ya on the ice soon . might be hit"ng SCUMMY sunday for sum silverbacks  give me a call  you guy's 774-437-1377 :tipup:

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2009, 09:32 PM »
Hey there Tibbs....been a while...hopefully see ya out there.... ;D :) :)

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 09, 2009, 10:11 PM »
hey bigbry, is he fishing it?  I also have close freinds who live on the pond. Look from the water at the beach, he is to the left just before the chanel to the other side.  See if he's fishing? My friend does not ice fish so he has no clue!

nope, no pike, but like you say, a real nice mix!

Flaggs! one friend where i fish at, is near the causeway across from the boat launch.My other friend lives on the beachside, if you stand on the beach looking toward the narrowshis house is the blue one high on the hill,there is a outflow pipe on the side of his dock area also is rebuilding a big retaining wall that collapsed thius summer during the heavy rains.I went by there yesterday didnt see anyone

youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Offline tibbs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SUMTINWONG
« Reply #17 on: Jan 10, 2009, 05:45 AM »
Hey there Tibbs....been a while...hopefully see ya out there.... ;D :) :)
  whats up k , hopefully to get out and give it hell,plastering buisness for me has been crazy finally catching up with work,that means more time on the ice i hope. :tipup: :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.