Author Topic: Ice 35 zoom  (Read 1156 times)

Offline xeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice 35 zoom
« on: Jan 07, 2009, 05:32 PM »
Is it me, or in 20+ fow it kinda sucks?

Offline warrior1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice 35 zoom
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2009, 01:48 PM »
Are you talking about a BIRD

Offline xeon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2009, 04:19 PM »
I take what I say back. The area I was fishing had a bit of current so my bait was always off to the side.

Offline Fat_C

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2009, 05:31 PM »
The Zoom isn't bad just different. Isn't a set about, like 5 ft anywhere on the water column would have been nice and then 10 ft in the 80ft and over sections. Took a little to get used to but once I figured mine out it is ok. Darn Vex's had me brainwashed. Glad to hear others like their bird too.

Colt

Offline warrior1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2009, 07:52 PM »
How much noise does your bird make I have a friend with one, his only complaint was the noise it made didn't know if it was just his or all of them.

Offline Fat_C

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2009, 08:40 PM »
I have heard some joke about it Humming, but It ain't no old Vex, man my buddy's older FL-8 drives me bonkers. It isn't really loud but just the pitch. Mine is like a computer fan on a desktop computer. you can tell its on but when me and my buddies are BSing. You can't hear the Bird. If I turn it so it is parallel with the floor it make almost no noise. Not sure how it compares to anyone else but mine is a ICE 45. Curious to hear what others have to say too.
Colt

Offline Scott Steil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2009, 08:14 AM »
Good observations.  The colder it is, the more noise your flasher is going to make....no matter what the Brand.  As Colt said, the closer you can get your flasher to "flat" on the floor the less noise it will make.  This has been my experience with all brands.  I have a Humminbird ICE 55 and 45 and both are very quiet while fishing on a flat surface.  When I take them out and hole hop and they are laying at all different angles they make a little more noise.  But, so does my LX-5.

Scott Steil

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2009, 01:46 PM »
My 35 was making a ridculous amount of racket. It acted like it was out of balance and would rattle. I called them and they are sending out a new console for it, I don't have to send mine in until I get the new one so I won't be a day without it. Can't gripe about that for service!

As far as how the unit works . . . I'm impressed. It outperforms many much higher-priced units that I've seen. Using tiny jigs in 35 FOW, no prob at all. In fact, if you add a small split shot, you get two marks at that depth.

Offline QuantumPT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing at a Quantum Level
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2009, 05:28 AM »
my ice 55 bird   purrs softly liek a kitten, and is quiter than my buddies marcum. and the zoon is saaaaaaaaWeeet
I can....jig it, rip it, pop it, crank it.

Offline Fat_C

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 23, 2009, 05:56 PM »
After I posted on here mine was making noise, upon investication my buddy seen how I had it more toward level with the floor and pushed it a little closer to level and it touched the handle and that thing was like a tuning fork. I could feel it on the wood floor in the fish house we were in. I was worried but pulled it back a little and she purrs again.
And I had a problem with my line and my ice buster got tangled after landing a lively 4 inch sunny. Had to get the line back down since there was yellow and red all over my screen so I just pulled it and made a very small knot in my 4lb line. my 45 picked it up perfectly on the screen. Talk about sensitive.

Colt

Offline 793bob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • grow stupid grow
« Reply #10 on: Jan 24, 2009, 11:00 PM »
scott how does the 55 compare to the lx5. i have the lx5 as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.