Author Topic: Mr. Heater Parts  (Read 1846 times)

Offline ArcticWilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
Mr. Heater Parts
« on: Jan 03, 2009, 12:46 AM »
Bought a new Mr heater. tired it out at home worked great, used it today on the lake for the first time and it started on fire! Don't know if there was a small leak or what but regardless it melted the control knob, so was wondering if anyone knows of a local place that sells parts or does work on them units? hope i don't have to ship it back and be with out a heater!

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Mr. Heater Parts
« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2009, 12:09 PM »
Take it back to where you bought it.  If you bought from Princess Auto there should be no problems, they'll just exchange it.  You shouldn't have to worry about replacing parts on a brand new heater...

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2009, 12:20 PM »
Bought a new Mr heater. tired it out at home worked great, used it today on the lake for the first time and it started on fire! Don't know if there was a small leak or what but regardless it melted the control knob, so was wondering if anyone knows of a local place that sells parts or does work on them units? hope i don't have to ship it back and be with out a heater!

mine started on fire last year! i was using it to defrost my fourwheeler and the d**ned thing burst into flames. I had to junk that one obviously. I got a new one for X-mas this year...i take it out of the box and the d**ned plastic adjuster knob is busted off!

frustrating!

Offline ArcticWilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2009, 01:49 PM »
yeah a guy would think that they would make the control knob a bit better, maybe out of metal cause when mine caught fire it melted the button and i had no way of turning it off. had to unscrew the tank while it was in flames, that was a bit of fun!  :-\

Offline Rumtan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2009, 01:58 PM »
Canadian Tire has a small heater on for $29.00.  Just a thought if you need a temp replacement.

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2009, 01:59 PM »
what a fiasco!

i am thinking about switching over the Heater Buddy but I like the versatility of the Mr. Heater.

Geez. I feel like this is a line from Spaceballs. Mr. Radar, Mr. Coffee......

Offline ArcticWilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2009, 02:05 PM »
Went and bought another one already, at least till i find out what to do with this one maybe i will see if they will take it back, the one that caught fire, princess auto is good for that..... usually!  Kinda think it may have been my fault if was really cold and don't know if there seal was good, so feel a little bad trying to return it, but as it is now its only been used once and its garbage so sorta sucks to piss away $100. Princess auto has a good deal on them right now so if anyone is looking to pick one up they had about 20 when i was there this am Jan 3 .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.