The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Wadsworth Pond. Great Falls  (Read 2593 times)

Offline MasterPikeSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
Wadsworth Pond. Great Falls
« on: Jan 01, 2009, 01:43 PM »
Just fished Wadsworth for the first time today and it was ok caught 1 rainbow in the half hour before i left. i was right by the docks  where is the best spot to fish the pond?  the middle?

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Wadsworth Pond. Great Falls
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2009, 04:02 PM »
i caught 4 rainbows a couple weeks ago there, i caught two right in the middle and 2 about 10 yards out from the south shore.  I haven't caught anything other than those out of it yet.

Offline copperjohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2009, 11:14 PM »
Last year I caught 5 decent 10-11 in perch in two hours at the end of the road/ beginning trailhead.  I found most of them 2/3rd across the pond, more of less in the middle in 12 ft.  Does anyone know where the fwp dredged a few years back?   I thought it was on the east side but found only 6-7 feet there.  I think finding the hole would be key.  Not a lot of close public spots like this, nice to take the young ones for a quick trip.  They should do christmas tree drops and develop it more. 
Gravity's B**ch On Hard Water

Offline MasterPikeSlayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2009, 01:43 AM »
I am pretty sure they dredged it right in the NW corner by the handicapp rails and stuff but like you said it seems to be max 6-7 feet still.

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2009, 10:35 PM »
The dredged the west side by the dock, but I believe most of it just filled back in. 

Offline CMD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2009, 09:55 AM »
I was there on the 4th didn't cach anything , i was in the middle of the pond

The dredged the west side by the dock, but I believe most of it just filled back in. 

Offline andercee

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2009, 10:38 PM »
I was there on the 11th but only for a little bit, too windy.  There were two other people there that said they caught one, but they weren't there very long before they left.  We should make a petition to keep it open later for ice fisherman.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.