The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Keyhole  (Read 1563 times)

Offline dwilliams

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Slammin' Slabs
Keyhole
« on: Dec 30, 2008, 10:21 PM »
Has anyone been to Keyhole or heard how the ice is there?  I plan to go tomorrow.

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Keyhole
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2008, 10:39 PM »
I heard there is plenty of ice 12 to 15 inches most places. Sounds like fishing is slow. Tell us how you do.

Offline dwilliams

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Slammin' Slabs
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2008, 10:47 PM »
Thanks, I appreciate the response.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2008, 09:38 AM »
good ice... not "big ice" but good ice nonetheless...  ;D ;D

i was there monday and it was a huge bust for everyone i talked to... fished from early afternoon through dark in windcreek, off pats point and on around the rocks and into a small cove... never, NEVER, NEVER even marked a fish on the vex...

thought about going yesterday but the wind was so howling it woke me and i decided not to go...

i'll be back soon though... hope to go out early AM next week and just DRILL BABY DRILL!!! right on out through the basin lookig for humps and suspended schools...

gl2u

Offline dwilliams

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Slammin' Slabs
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2008, 09:03 PM »
The ice is good on Keyhole, at least a foot of good clear ice everywhere I punched a hole.  There were even some tire tracks on the ice(not mine).  The fish catching was not good.  We drilled a dozen holes covering depths from 7 ft to 33 ft.  Never got a flag.  I did mark a couple of fish but couldn't get them to bite on the jigging rod.  Keyhole continues to kick my ass.

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2008, 10:54 PM »
Typical KH it is one of the toughest places to ice fish. I have spent many winters out there and not caught much. I have jigged until i thought my arm would fall off. Every once in a while I would hit them. Thanks for the info dWilliams 

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #6 on: Aug 30, 2009, 01:19 PM »
Has anyone ever done well targetting pike on keyhole using tipups?  Can you spear on KH?
So many fish, so little time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.