Author Topic: Lake Louise fishing report  (Read 4886 times)

Offline JIGNMOF

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Gotta Love It!
Lake Louise fishing report
« on: Dec 30, 2008, 03:28 PM »
I fished Lake Louise during the Christmas Holiday in temperatures to 32 below zero. Caught this 34" Laker in 15 feet of water. I was really lucky to land it as it was difficult to get its head started in the hole. My wife was ready for a quick photo before we measured and released this beauty back into the lake. We also caught a few smaller Lakers and a couple nice sized burbot to complete a great but bone chilling weekend!

Go Packers!

Offline frydaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Louise fishing report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2008, 03:33 PM »
Congrats on the beautiful fish.....what a fatty.  What did you get the big girl to bite on?   :tipup:
<br />

Offline iced

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2008, 03:36 PM »
That is nice, so nice !!!! wish the one I caught had the girth that one does. talk about obesity.
That is almost enough to get me out there for new years at -45

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2008, 07:07 PM »
dang you guys......i still havent gotten a Louise Hawg thru the hole! i had one last year that we figure was around 15lbs and the head wouldnt come thru the 10" hole! beautiful fish man! im gettin the itch to go there more and more again with all these lunkers bein posted....
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Offline AKanders

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Got 'im!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2008, 07:59 PM »
Lookin' Good!

I have had good luck on that lake when the temps are near unbearable.  Seems it doesn't bother the fish.  By the looks of the photo, you got that one on a set line or tipup?  :o   If so, congrats on hand-lining that pig to the hole. 

Its a great feeling sending a beautiful fish like that back down to the deeps...Cheers to you and your wife :clap: !

Jake

Offline JIGNMOF

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Gotta Love It!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2008, 09:03 PM »
Thanks!  We did catch her on a tip-up and it was one heck of a battle!  At one point it had almost all of my line out, but I was able to get it back and pull her through!  It was so exciting it made the -35 not seem so bad for a few minutes!  I feel very fortunate to have had my hands on this fish!!
Go Packers!

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30, 2008, 11:07 PM »
what kindof bait were you using? how deep were the burbot? and does anyone know how to catch whitefish in that lake?
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.