Author Topic: Aqua-Vu flashlight  (Read 1871 times)

Offline X-Factor

• IceShanty Rookie
Aqua-Vu flashlight
« on: Dec 28, 2008, 05:30 PM »
If anyone is thinking about buying the bolt on under water flashlight for their Aqua-Vu (paid $30 bucks for it), don't bother. I bought one thinking it might be good in deep, dark water but all it does is scare away the fish (duh - walleye being light sensitive and all).

10" Ice Auger $400, 12 pack of beer $15, Catching the world record walleye - Priceless.

Offline indeeptreble

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Every hour you fish adds an hour to your life!
Re: Aqua-Vu flashlight
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2008, 10:18 PM »
I have a aqua view camera with the blue and red leds on it fish aren't scared of it I have tried it with lights turned off and then when the fish come in I turned the lights on didn't scare the off

Offline oleike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2008, 12:06 PM »
If anyone is thinking about buying the bolt on under water flashlight for their Aqua-Vu (paid $30 bucks for it), don't bother. I bought one thinking it might be good in deep, dark water but all it does is scare away the fish (duh - walleye being light sensitive and all).

If you hang onto your bolt on flashlight....wait a few days...i think you will find the fish that once were scared off by the light will be totally different on a different day. You just caught the fish on an "off day". This has happened to me before.
No ..i do not have a light on my aqua view. I jus happen to know that fish will act very different on any given day.

Offline indeeptreble

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2008, 07:27 PM »
X-Factor did you try it after dark, and with the flashlight being at a different angle than the camera does it show more or just light up all the floating particulate in the water. Is it better than the lights in the camera?

Offline X-Factor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2008, 08:28 PM »
I didn't try it after dark but it is allot better than the standard LEDs on the camera. You get some sea monkeys at first when you drop it down but once that clears you can see allot further than with the camera leds. The flashlight bracket swivels so you can adjust it to the best viewing angle for your camera. I was in 38 feet of water the last time I tried it and I could see about 10 feet in front of the camera. My lure was about 3 feet from the camera and I could see it clearly as well as perch cruising off in the distance. When I turned off the light I could make out my lure a bit and barely see perch shadows. I'm heading out tomorrow and will give it another try.

10" Ice Auger $400, 12 pack of beer $15, Catching the world record walleye - Priceless.

Offline indeeptreble

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2009, 10:00 PM »
Hmmm I just might have try one for myself . I wonder what it would be like using looking straight down

Offline icecube4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2009, 06:08 PM »
I have a aqua view camera with the blue and red leds on it fish aren't scared of it I have tried it with lights turned off and then when the fish come in I turned the lights on didn't scare the off
hey i have the aqua-vu scout 2 and it says u can turn off the led lights on the camera is this true, i am stumped and if i can is there any need do you think

Offline walleyewhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • hastings hero
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:46 PM »
i have the explorer 7 with the lights built on the sides of the camera it works great.
i will have a pike or perch lookin right at it turn on the light and they dont seem to be bothered
hastings hero

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #8 on: Jan 13, 2009, 08:49 PM »
X-Factor, how did your second run with the bolt under flashlight work for you?
Any scared fish this time? ???

WW

Offline engineman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep your worm wigglin!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2009, 04:47 PM »
I have the explorer 5, and some perch are scared of the lights and others dont mind. Jacks dont seem to care at all

Offline walleyewhisperer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • hastings hero
« Reply #10 on: Jan 14, 2009, 07:07 PM »
yea i tried it with the perch aswell and none of em spooked but they were 4inch if that makes a diff
hastings hero

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.