Author Topic: Wizard Lake  (Read 1276 times)

Offline 2JSFISHING

• IceShanty Rookie
Wizard Lake
« on: Dec 28, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Out for the first time this year, checking out the ice more than anything. Fished from 10-4:00 in 18-25 feet of water and landed 30 pike between 16-24 inches, not my #1 choice for fishing, but a fantastic lake to take kids or anyone new to the sport. This is my first posting on ice shanty and really enjoy reading all your reports.

Offline Koffee Kat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Wizard Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2008, 02:46 PM »
Welcome aboard...  Pretty good haul for Wizard's!  How many of you one the ice to pull in 60?

"Fishin' for a good time starts with throwin' in your line..." - Tom Waits

Offline WkndWarrior

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2008, 09:51 AM »
At least you were busy catching fish, is there walleye, perch and whites in there as well?
Take a kid hunting or fishing

Offline shepike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • aw ...give the fishy a kiss.
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2008, 04:35 PM »
Hey, my favorite spot to take my 6 year old son.....loads of little pike lots of action...some older guy says he catches perch in there....no whitefish tho.

Jenn
CAN'T.....STOP....FISHING. ...

Offline ArcticWilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2008, 04:15 PM »
never fished wizard lake  can anyone tip me off to a good spot ?

Offline chezandy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2008, 04:24 PM »
wizzard lake has some great pike ! i used to know a girl out there i went fishing with her dad all the time we always went to the narrowsjust off the pipeline to the south and in the corner bay by the ski club. good luck on the east side of the lake just off of the big reed bed in about 10 feet of water the bed is also on the south side of the lake straight off the boat launh by the camp ground. :tipup:

Offline 2JSFISHING

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2009, 09:18 AM »
never fished wizard lake  can anyone tip me off to a good spot ?

Spent alot of time there last year and caught most fish in 15-25 ' on the North side and 25-35 ' on the South side, north side at boat launch and follow shore to just before the housing starts and out about 100 ' in that 20' range. Took my jet boat out there this summer and checked depths for ice fishing this winter, only seen 1 perch last year, no walley's just some great pike fishing 7 lb 4 oz our largest to date.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.