The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone fish Lake Redstone near Reedsburgh?  (Read 872 times)

Offline fshnbudy01

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone fish Lake Redstone near Reedsburgh?
« on: Dec 25, 2008, 04:10 PM »
Im going there with my cousin since Im home for Christmas.  Ive never ice fished it before.  Is there a nice shallow bay or two we can check out?  We dont care if we catch perch, crappie or gills as long as we catch something.  We are planning to hit 6-20 FOW with blue and red marmooska's. 

Any help would be appreciated.  If you prefer not to post here my email is [email protected] 

Thanks!
Jim
"Quit lookin at my Marmooska."

Offline LENNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Anyone fish Lake Redstone near Reedsburgh?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2008, 04:21 PM »
haven't been there yet, i know they are fishing it. There was water on the ice after the snow weighed down the ice. should be good now after the cold. There isn't much for shallow in the lake. I usually fish in about 20-25 ft of water. Crappies are the main fish, a few perch and gills also. If you get lucky there are a few nice walleye in there. look for the shanty's, where they are the fish are. good luck

Offline fshnbudy01

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anyone fish Lake Redstone near Reedsburgh?
« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2009, 01:52 PM »
We got out on Redstone the 30th.   The bite was very slow.  About every 20 minutes someone would get bit.  We got crappie, gills, perch and a large bullhead.  Had to walk back to the truck against the wind and biting cold.  The size was good, but it was so slow and we had to walk a long way Im not sure I would go again.

Might be better if we had 4 wheelers, a lot of beer to drink, and maybe of those little battery operated TV's to watch in between fish.
"Quit lookin at my Marmooska."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.