Author Topic: Holmes Lake(Lincoln)  (Read 1272 times)

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
Holmes Lake(Lincoln)
« on: Dec 23, 2008, 06:04 PM »
I'm visiting for the week from Wyoming and fished Holmes Lake(Lincoln) today with my brother in law. There's 9 -10 inches of ice in the South Basin, we got our limits on trout. There was about 20 people out there today. Good luck, we'll be out again in the morning.

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Holmes Lake(Lincoln)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2008, 10:40 AM »
Already been there again this morning, caught and released seven trout. It was really cold out there this morning, so I left.

Offline DonW

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2008, 11:27 AM »
Sounds like you're doing good, what kind of baits you using?

Tight Lines and Merry Christmas!
DonW

Offline pjwatson05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 25, 2008, 12:42 AM »
I am visiting the area from IL until Sunday, I will be out fishing Holmes on Christmas day & Saturday.
If you want you can give me a call at (309) 219-5370
Paul

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 25, 2008, 01:31 PM »
Sorry Paul, I guess I should check the board more often, I just got back from Holmes. Caught 21 bluegill from 3-6 inches and one trout, near brushpiles using a Genz worm jig, with wax worms. Yesterday afternoon, went back out after the cold morning and caught a bass, 3 trout and 25 bluegill, also near the brushpiles, using the same setup. Yesterday and the day before I caught the trout fishing in about 6 feet of water between the bank and the brushpiles. I'll be heading back to Wyoming Saturday morning so I probably won't make it out again. Good luck!

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2008, 06:50 PM »
Glad you had success over the FREAKING COLD Xmas holiday. It was nice to talk to you the first day you were here. My daughter and niece insisted on trying your spot after you and your brother-in-law left. We would have limited out on trout (had we decided to keep any).  In any case, I hope you had a good holiday and a safe trip home.
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline 327trout

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 25, 2008, 07:02 PM »
Thanks FishGut, nice meeting you and your family on the ice. Glad you caught some fish, and yes it was cold especially yesterday. It was nice to come to nebraska and finally catch some bluegills through the ice, since I can't do that back home. Merry Christmas!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.