The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: went out this mornin...  (Read 2727 times)

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
went out this mornin...
« on: Dec 20, 2008, 02:37 PM »
i went to a lake that 187fish told me to go to. For it being my first time out there i didnt know what to expect. But i marked a billion fish, but they all had lockjaw. Only 4 decent bluegills made it to the bright side of the ice. There was about 5 inches of ice with 6-7 inches of snow on top of that. It made the walk miserable but owell.
Another crappie.........yay!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: went out this mornin...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:05 PM »
Sparta I think it is a personal problem...I have seen you fish..........and I am pretty certain I could have caught all the fish you marked ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) :laugh:
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Sparta I think it is a personal problem...I have seen you fish..........and I am pretty certain I could have caught all the fish you marked ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :o :o :o ::) ::) ::) :laugh:

wait.. this comin from RC lol. i remember when i shattered u at ur home lake  ;D lol

when we goin fishin RC?

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:16 PM »
Sparta i think you're using the word "shattered" a little loosely here... The only thing you've ever shattered is a glass bottle from slipping on iced over pavement and bustin yer arse!!! Lets be honest here... We cant all be big BSers like RC....  "O that lake has PLENTY of ice on it!"  Cheif Noonday didnt have near enough ice to fish today! Its too bad...;D ;D ;D

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:17 PM »
uh...I don't know what you are talking about...lol   that was a bad day for me.  A rarity..... but none the less true.

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:18 PM »
CHIEF NOONDAY!!!!!! ::)

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:20 PM »
You pot licker.......stop droping the names of my good lakes.....oh well......I must admit cheif noonday did me well in the past.....maybe i fished it today....was that you I saw out there?

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:22 PM »
Ya the last time I was out there I caught a limit of gills...I had to sort a few.....but ended up with the lot of them in the 7-9 inch range.  Were did you catch yours????

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:23 PM »
now i know your b.sin that lake blows.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:25 PM »
Doc... IDK what ur talkin about... Must be fishin two different Cheif noondays or sumthin???..... IDK.  I caught mine right in the middle of the lake RC bout 10 FOW, they were down in the weeds, had to jig em up!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:33 PM »
No lies here

I think I will drop a name of one of my quality lakes.  Cheif nooday is one.  Why should I keep all the good lakes to myself.....everybody wants to catch fish in here right?  Well cheif noonday has a godd supply of Gills and specs.  I have caught many limits of fish on that lake.  I am sorry you feel that way speckler....guess that leaves more fish for me :)

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:36 PM »
Yep I caught right about there to.....the weeds were a little thick in spots...but you just had to move around till you found..."the sweet spot"  And wammo.....fat hog gills....I used wigglers though...that is the key

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:37 PM »
No lies here

I think I will drop a name of one of my quality lakes.  Cheif nooday is one.  Why should I keep all the good lakes to myself.....everybody wants to catch fish in here right?  Well cheif noonday has a godd supply of Gills and specs.  I have caught many limits of fish on that lake.  I am sorry you feel that way speckler....guess that leaves more fish for me :)

you can also catch 700 smelt there in one night! at least thats what RC would tell u so u DRIVE N HOUR!

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:40 PM »
Hey I can't help it if the fish don't bite all the time....I can just bring you to the spot were I ave caught them.  Smelt...sometimes you get them.....sometimes you don't.  It doesn't help that you waited till the ice was almost gone...sheesh...rememb er all the slush.

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:43 PM »
nad besides we did catch quite a few smelt the night we had the last gathering....it just wasn't 700.....I knew that old post would come back to haunt me.....I am a fisherman..I am entitled to stretch the truth a little bit now and then.

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2008, 07:46 PM »
nad besides we did catch quite a few smelt the night we had the last gathering....it just wasn't 700.....I knew that old post would come back to haunt me.....I am a fisherman..I am entitled to stretch the truth a little bit now and then.

yeah that night was fun tho... i caught enough for my tipup bait for this year so im happy lol

Offline 187fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 20, 2008, 08:31 PM »
damn you sold me out its not my fault you cant catch fish ??? ??? i  went there and prolly saw you car and thouht i cant take the walk so i went to cranberry and it sucked

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 20, 2008, 08:53 PM »
d**n you sold me out its not my fault you cant catch fish ??? ??? i  went there and prolly saw you car and thouht i cant take the walk so i went to cranberry and it sucked

lol the lake was promising but all the fish had lockjaw- and yeah that walk did suck

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #18 on: Dec 20, 2008, 10:42 PM »
CHIEF NOONDAY!!!!!! ::)
I agree...great place to take the kids for action but keepers? Try again...that lake has been stunted since day 1...you'll sort a 100 to get a dozen that go 5".
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Dec 20, 2008, 11:49 PM »
Holy crap RC... Did you hear that? They're 2nd guessing us.  We're pulling limits off of noonday.  Yes there are some little ones, and if you dont get in the right spot you WILL catch a LOT of little ones.  Just gotta find that littls sweet spots where me and RC have been hiding at!  We hate to be game hogs, so we figured we would let you gys in on one of our secret lakes!  There ya go, take it or leave it, but im tellin ya... Cheif noonday is worth more than just little stunted gills!

Offline spartaman12

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 21, 2008, 06:59 AM »
Holy crap RC... Did you hear that? They're 2nd guessing us.  We're pulling limits off of noonday.  Yes there are some little ones, and if you dont get in the right spot you WILL catch a LOT of little ones.  Just gotta find that littls sweet spots where me and RC have been hiding at!  We hate to be game hogs, so we figured we would let you gys in on one of our secret lakes!  There ya go, take it or leave it, but im tellin ya... Cheif noonday is worth more than just little stunted gills!

lol

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #21 on: Dec 21, 2008, 08:47 AM »
that secret spot.lol that lake is only 5 foot in the deepest spot if its the swamp in yankee springs area.i pass up that lake and fish others in that area.

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 21, 2008, 09:17 AM »
Nope.....Cheif noonday........is my one spot with a name drop this year.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 21, 2008, 10:31 AM »
You guys will be hearin a lot about the Cheif this year!  Im with RC also, him and I both said we would dro ponly 1 lake name this year on the forum for you guys, that is the Lake that we came up with. 

Offline quiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Does it really stink in here!
« Reply #24 on: Dec 21, 2008, 10:38 AM »
Hey vex when are we going to chief I would like to ice some nice gilies.

Offline superslabs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Dec 21, 2008, 10:49 AM »
Noonday, Come on you can drop something better than that.
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope.

Offline velocty98

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #26 on: Dec 21, 2008, 11:21 AM »
Ok, so you guys mentioned smelt.  You gotta be talking about Gull and not Noonday, right?

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 21, 2008, 02:15 PM »
we fish smelt at Gull, gills at noonday.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 21, 2008, 02:16 PM »
quiter you know you're welcome to come over here and fish with me/us anytime you want!  Once all the lakes lock up real good and we start getting on some of our better lakes i'll let ya know and you better come on over and catch a limit or 2 of gills!

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #29 on: Dec 21, 2008, 07:26 PM »
Hey vex when are we going to chief I would like to ice some nice gilies.
You just stay at home and get better, I went to the lake I told you I was going to and caught a dozen dinks. We drilled 20 holes and stayed an hour, then headed out to poohs lake(the honey pot) walked off after hour and half with 22 hogs. the specs still the same but the gills were huge! For sure kids day material.
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.