Author Topic: Sherman  (Read 693 times)

Offline flatwalter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Sherman
« on: Dec 17, 2008, 06:42 PM »
We took a drive to Sherman this afternoon, 12-17-08.  Should have taken the gear but we thought that we didn't have time to fish.

We drove in on Trails 5 and 7 and did not see any tracks leading to the lake in the snow.  There were tracks down the roads but were probably road hunters.  We drove in on Trail 12 and checked on the cabin but again it didn't look like anyone had gone off of the cabin owner's boat ramp with any quads to fish the trees on 10.

We found four pickups over on Trail 8.  Access to the lake is great on either 6 or 8.  We walked out to one of the fishermen and found that the ice on 8 is a good solid 8".  The furthest out group was out on the point of Prairie Dog.  Can't give you any info on them other than they had a quad on the ice.

We pulled around to the marina cove and saw that a few people have gone off of the ramp but the ice is really "iffy" in front of the dam.  It looks like it just froze up and was really rough because the ice was pretty broken.  It would definitely make for a tough ride.

We didn't see anyone on Trail 3 but did stop by Fishermen's Corner and he said that he should have minnows by the weekend.

Good fishin'
jorg

Offline ice head

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Sherman
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2008, 10:10 PM »
Thanks for the info flatwalter.  My buddy and I will be heading up there Friday night after I get off work and will fish to midday sunday.  It's good to see theres some good ice in the bays, I will start out in trail 8 in search of crappies and maybe try around the marina cove.  I've been waiting to get on the ice forever and it's finally here!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.