Author Topic: ZERCOM Color Point  (Read 853 times)

Offline BOONER

• IceShanty Rookie
ZERCOM Color Point
« on: Dec 15, 2008, 09:29 AM »
I don't know anything about this company, other than theyu are quite a bit cheaper than the Marcums and Vex's.  Is this a case of get what you pay for or would it work alright?  I usually fish 15 to 30 feet mostly for walleye and perch.  thx

Offline lightningz

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ZERCOM Color Point
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2008, 09:15 PM »
I've owned a Zercom Color Point for a couple of years and I love it. They have the three color system similar to the vexilar FL-8 or the Marcum LX-1. They may not have all the different colors or other features that the more expensive flashers do, but they still work great. I have used mine to shoot thru the ice when locating my spot and then set it up in the hole to monitor the action. It has put me on a lot of fish and served me well as long as you keep a strong battery (which goes for all flashers). Would I like to have a new Vex or Marcum? Sure I would, but I would spend my $400-$500 on something that I need more.

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2008, 10:17 PM »
Mine was a pos and even after sending it in for repairs,it did no more than read depth.Got a Vex now.Hummingbird bought them a while back so you can still get them serviced if you need to.Most of the posts about them are positive,I just happened to get a lemon.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2008, 06:05 AM »
Zercom was bought by Techsonic(which is the parent company of Humminbird) many years ago. I don't think they are still servicing these units because all of the parts have probably been used up.
Ken                                          

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2008, 06:37 AM »
Good untit if you fish alone. They dont have Interference reduction,so your screwed if there are any other flashers around.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.