Author Topic: Anyone Fishing In the Sudbury Area?  (Read 686 times)

Offline threelions

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone Fishing In the Sudbury Area?
« on: Dec 14, 2008, 11:23 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I just joined up and wanted to say "hello" and see if anyone was from the Sudbury area or if any of you ever fish in the area.

Thanks

Andrew

Offline eh

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cheers Mike
Re: Anyone Fishing In the Sudbury Area?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2008, 05:33 PM »
Dang its been years since I lived in the great white north but you sure do have some great spots to choose from alot better then we got in the Windsor area.

Have you tried right in town on Ramsey along the RR tracks just go one block past the curling club turn towards the lake park and walk across the tracks down the rocks and your there its that easy and we always did great there. Pike were pleantyful on the other end of the lake by moonlight beach but you want to go to the bay on the other side of the beach there are alot of great weed beds in there that come out into 9 FOW and hold big pike. Wish I was there I would head out with ya the best place to get info should still be Ramakos Brian was always great to us back then.

I did alot of fishing behind the cape you can find almost any of them lakes back there hold fish just depends on where ya go. Good luck and hope ya find some one to head out with.
Cheers Mike

Offline threelions

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2008, 07:50 PM »
Thanks for the tips. I don't fish Ramsey much...it gets hit pretty hard all winter by anglers and for the last 2 years the numbers of fish that I've been catching there has been dwindling.  But you're certainly right about the number of lakes and the fact that pretty much all of them have fish in them......as long as INCO hasn't acidified the lake the fishing is great.
If your ever in Sudbury again let me know and we'll drill a few

Andrew

Offline eh

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Cheers Mike
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2008, 01:35 PM »
That would be great I usually only get there once a year and I'm also making trips to the West Arm for musky hunting in Aug and the early fall.
Cheers Mike

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.