Author Topic: Joining the fun!  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Big Joshy

• IceShanty Rookie
Joining the fun!
« on: Dec 12, 2008, 12:35 AM »
thought I would sign up on this board too.  If you don't know me im a www.ohiogamefishing.co m regular
Im sure now that ive signed up on iceshanty.com we will be cursed with no ice this year :(

Offline wojo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Joining the fun!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2008, 05:40 AM »
Hey I am also a OGF'r been on the Shanty for a while ! AND don't think like that on the ice season !! I do stuff like that all the time when  I buy something new for ice fishing !! Hope fully we will be on the ice soon for good ! A nice long season !

Offline capt s

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2008, 05:51 PM »
hey guys im an ogf'er as well and just signed up for this site too!!! i have looked at this site for a while and just joined. but we will have ice this year because i got into a car accident about three weeks ago and broke my heel and fractured my ankle. it was not my fault to beat all. some dumb driver went left of center and hit me head on at 55mph so anyway this will probably be the best ice season ever!!! well thanks for listening to me complain!!! i will be on here often now!! Good luck guys Capt. Scott

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2008, 06:01 PM »
we are way past due for a good long season.

Offline peon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ICE FISH NAKED!! *S.E. OHIO*
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2008, 10:03 PM »
OGF!!  lets hit some ice guys.. hmm the RAIN goofed that up!!!   :'(

Offline BIGPAPA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2008, 11:51 AM »
hey guys im an ogf'er as well and just signed up for this site too!!! i have looked at this site for a while and just joined. but we will have ice this year because i got into a car accident about three weeks ago and broke my heel and fractured my ankle. it was not my fault to beat all. some dumb driver went left of center and hit me head on at 55mph so anyway this will probably be the best ice season ever!!! well thanks for listening to me complain!!! i will be on here often now!! Good luck guys Capt. Scott
Hey Capt. Scott, Don't complain, when we get good ice, I'll pick you up and put you in the sled a haul you onto the ice so you don't miss the season :laugh:

Offline capt s

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2008, 04:11 PM »
man, that would be sweet. i bought a four-wheeler and snow mobile this past spring just for ice fishin so i am a little disappointed about this winter.

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2008, 07:51 PM »
don't give up yet! remember guys, it's not even winter yet. here's to a long, safe season. tight lines.

Offline mach1cj

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2008, 07:33 PM »
just signed up and also a OGF'er. man is that wind howlin'.  its 1 degree outside. winter has arrived. lol

Offline John_Boy

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Give me ice or give me death !!!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2008, 05:42 AM »
Welcome aboard Mach1cj
It's always nice to see more people using the Ohio boards .
                                                            John

Offline icebucketjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2008, 06:13 AM »
Ditto
Ice-Fisherman: We're all highly addicted, shivering, psychotic patients in the asylum of the frigid.

Offline jay2k

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2008, 07:22 AM »
Hey Scott, Is whitey.  Sounds like you got pretty banged up.  Hope everything is good.  You should get someone to drive those machines for you this winter (me) and make some money to pay off those med. bills!  The way the weather has been the big lake may never freeze anyway.  Goin out now to check some ice.  Let me know if you can get out at all this winter, likely will be up if she ever freezes.

Offline BurrOakMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 22, 2008, 08:04 AM »
Hello everyone.
Just found this site this morning and thought id join. Im down in Athens county Ohio. SE Ohio. We dont get alot of ice down this way, but when we do the fishing is incredible. I got my old trusty tip-ups and jig poles all ready to go, sled is poised ready for action! It was -1 degree F this morning so its looking good . I dont know alot about ice fishing, just what i taught myself and from a good buddy of mine years ago. So im ready to learn some new tricks.
Well you all have a good 1

Offline frigidfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 22, 2008, 08:16 AM »
i'm a OGF'er as well (powerstrokin73) and can use as much information as i can get about anything, just like everybody else, so far so good, asked about an old flasher and got replies within an hour. keep it up everyone.

Offline peon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 22, 2008, 03:56 PM »
burroakman.. im from vinton county! im guessing you fish burroak on the ice??  we havent fished it ever... we plan to hit it if we do get some good ice. we have a buddy that fishes it alot and they get alot of nice cat fish!...  your welcome to come fish with us on lake alma and rupert when we get ice.. wont be long.. rupert has 1 inch on the shallow end and the hard to get to spot usualy has more so im gonna guess it has 1 1/2 - 2 inches....

Offline BurrOakMan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 23, 2008, 04:33 AM »
Thanks for the invite peon. I might take you up on that. Id like to try to get up tp Buckeye lake and get into some saugeyes! Yea my moms place is just a stones throw from dock 1 at burr oak. The ice can be iffy there. When its on tho its awsome. Get some nice big slab crappies. Burr oak is known for its slab crappie. Yea the cats are good too :) If we get ice over here you all are more than welcome to come sit on the ice with me as well.  The docks are starting to freeze up good, not much open water as of last evening. Farm ponds are iced over good now, round an inch or so. I hope we dont get that warm upand rain :(.  Its funny down here people think your nuts for being on the ice and fishing. I get alot of people parking out at the docks and watch me fish. They even bring me coffee sometimes.  You all have a good 1

Offline ripsomelips

• IceShanty Rookie
good ice up near toledo
« Reply #16 on: Dec 23, 2008, 06:49 AM »
i just joined myself and you are not necessarily cursed there is good ice up here on the ponds i fished last night on 6 inches of ice on a 15 acre pond me and 2 of my buds caught about 50 crappie and one gill.  We had to drive up to cabellas to get minnows though couldn't find them anywhere else.  It was great to get out for the first time this year.  Going again today.

Offline peon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 23, 2008, 07:32 PM »
we also get parking lots of ice watcher lol its funny..   my lakes are good to fish on in the mourning BUT my partner on the ice has to work :( and im not venturing on this ice alone. and the rain and worm temps is just going to shed the ice off the lakes.  we are also going to try buckeye !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.