Author Topic: Smuts Lake?  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Adam88

• Team IceShanty Regular
Smuts Lake?
« on: Dec 11, 2008, 05:36 PM »
Has anyone been fishing on Smuts Lake by Alvena? If so any luck and what you catching?

Offline tbor

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Smuts Lake?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2008, 10:38 PM »
On the saskfishinglakes.ca website it says there was a winterkill in 2003-2004, but it is being stocked (2007 last date) with Picks and perch in 2006.  Small picks, and no perch in 2006 netting.
I too am curious, and may just try to go there to find out.

Fishing is zen.

Offline Husser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2008, 09:43 AM »
Froze my ass off there one year, only to find out after the fact it was winter killed. Lame.

Offline Adam88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2008, 12:17 PM »
Ya well i know the years before the winter kill that there was pretty amazing walleye fishing there and some nice jumbo perch. It was nothing to catch everyones limit in an hour or less. And there only being walley and perch in the lake there is really nothing to harm them besides us haha. I have heard that the reason there was so much winter kill was because they quit using there airator? anyone else heard. I think i am going to go give it a try in the next few weeks since its only half hour away.

Offline Adam88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2009, 01:23 AM »
No i havent been out there yet im thinking of going to drill a couple holes one of these days and drop the camera down just to see what is down there im very curious just waiting for my brand new auger to get fixed thanks alot canadian tire wow so mad.

Offline churks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2009, 04:53 PM »
i was thinking of going there too.who ever gets there first post your findings on here ;D
fish and hunt till it kills me or i kill it

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.