The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Michigan Sound Off Board!!!  (Read 2760 times)

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
Michigan Sound Off Board!!!
« on: Dec 09, 2008, 07:59 PM »
Instead of tying up everybodys posts we could come here to shoot the schmit..... Hopefully the Mods could make this a sticky post.
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline quiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Does it really stink in here!
Re: Michigan Sound Off Board!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2008, 08:17 PM »
I think this will work. Lets hope they let it stay.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2008, 08:27 PM »
all the posts that i make are legit tho fishhead...  Great helpful information!!!

Offline quiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Does it really stink in here!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2008, 08:29 PM »
wake  up smell roses

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2008, 09:55 PM »
Hey...I like talkin' on other posts....besides most of the posts are dead by the time I "ruin" them.  But enough of that......Vex what the heck are you posting pics of other people's houses...if the owner saw that he would kill you.  And Fishhead.....I don't ever want to know about what you do in the shower!  And Vex jr. ..........I think you should come up with your own screen name......calling yourself "vex jr." makes kyle feel important......and then he will start shooting off at the mouth about how good a fisherman...or hunter he is.  Then I will have to bring him back down to earth......and so on.  That being said.....I wonder if we can have a honest review of ice fishing gear......without getting censored.  After all that is what got this site to were it is.  Or are we going to have a "fishing czar" appointed to watch over how we conduct our honest conversations.
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline GotEmHooked

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2008, 10:26 PM »
How's it going fellas....im thinkin bout headin to fletchers pond in 2 weeks!!...any ice reports?

Offline the harvester

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2008, 10:44 PM »
heard second hand today there is 5-6 on most of the flood

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2008, 11:09 PM »
That being said.....I wonder if we can have a honest review of ice fishing gear......without getting censored. 

Ones opinion of equipment never gets a post or thread killed....how they express it does.  That said this thread will stay clean and relate to ice fishing or I will yank it without further warning.  Thanks.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2008, 12:16 AM »
 :callcops: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :callcops:
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline UserX

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Perca Flavences!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2008, 07:43 AM »
Ones opinion of equipment never gets a post or thread killed....how they express it does.  That said this thread will stay clean and relate to ice fishing or I will yank it without further warning.  Thanks.

Wow that was said quite...bluntly. :-\
and lol @ reality check.

Certified Youth Instructor for Michigan State Univ.,
Certified instructor for Project F.I.S.H..(Friends. Involved. With Sport.Fishing.Heritage .)
Take a kid fishing to keep our legacy around.

Offline Hollywood703

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2008, 09:03 AM »
Wow that was said quite...bluntly. :-\
and lol @ reality check.

I agree with BlackIce whole heartedly....Some peoples opinions go beyond factual information and their opinion goes beyond civil....The biggest debate I see that happening with is Marcum v Vexilar V Hummingbird v Lowrance etc......Tell me your experiences with the product, not how much better it is than the other....Honestly I could care less of your opinion when it starts to spout off about things like that. If you have used both Marcum and Vex and The Vex does this and you liked it, and the marcum did not...then tell us that....we dont need that much opinions on how much better a product is if you cant back it up with experience and comparison. I know everyone has an opinion, but as a consumer looking to buy something, if you tell me that a product is better because.......x......t han i am more apt to take that information and apply it towards a purchase....if you want everyone to buy your favorite product, tell us what about the product you like so much....you will find people more receptive to buying it.

Offline tommy-n

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2008, 09:55 AM »
There needs to be some rules  ;)

I'm very happy to see things don't get out of hand here like they sometimes do  on michigan-sportsman.com ;)

lets face it sometimes opinions/feelings cloud our judgement,

just my two cents

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2008, 10:03 AM »
so this is michigans sound off board or b.s board.lol

Offline UP jigstick

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2008, 10:29 AM »
so this is michigans sound off board or b.s board.lol

Depends on ur mood at the moment. ;D

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2008, 10:42 AM »
so this is michigans sound off board or b.s board.
  Not for me, im not allowed to do that anymore.  I agree with the whole opinions on What product is the "best" and how they can get out of hand.  With that being said, a lot of us guys on the michigan forum dont have safe ice yet, resulting in nothing to talk about, lots of us know eachother and this is the only opportunity we get to chat together with eachother other than when we get on the ice together.... Its not like we're running other ppl's post off of the whole forum. Whats wrong with a little BSing here and there? Ever since i started fishing BS has been the major part about fishing....  Maybe im missing the point.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2008, 10:48 AM »
well said my man.

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2008, 11:26 AM »
I started this post for that reason and not to tie up the threads on guys looking for help. I know this is an ice fishing site but how many times can you coment on what line you use,what shanty is best for me. If I go to a tackle store in Michigan and see they have something on sale why not post it here,or if were getting together to fish or do something why not come on here and post it. Im not on here to get threatend that if I keep bs ing Im going to get kicked off.  :cookoo:
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline fishybill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • insidious
« Reply #17 on: Dec 10, 2008, 11:40 AM »
Be nice to see some Oakland county ice reports.  I'd give one but haven't been out that way in a couple weeks.  Guess I'll wait til saturday.

I agree with you fishhead. 
"Put duct tape on that, if it don't fix it atleast we'll know its ...... up"

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Dec 10, 2008, 12:07 PM »
Fishybill, I went out looking around the Brighton area last weekend, I was hoping for this weekend to fish but warm temps a upon us.
"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline UserX

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Perca Flavences!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 10, 2008, 12:42 PM »
I started this post for that reason and not to tie up the threads on guys looking for help. I know this is an ice fishing site but how many times can you coment on what line you use,what shanty is best for me. If I go to a tackle store in Michigan and see they have something on sale why not post it here,or if were getting together to fish or do something why not come on here and post it. Im not on here to get threatend that if I keep bs ing Im going to get kicked off.  :cookoo:

I must agree.

Certified Youth Instructor for Michigan State Univ.,
Certified instructor for Project F.I.S.H..(Friends. Involved. With Sport.Fishing.Heritage .)
Take a kid fishing to keep our legacy around.

Offline fishybill

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • insidious
« Reply #20 on: Dec 10, 2008, 01:40 PM »
Fishybill, I went out looking around the Brighton area last weekend, I was hoping for this weekend to fish but warm temps a upon us.

I think my little shallow pond will be safe this weekend.  I'll let you know.
"Put duct tape on that, if it don't fix it atleast we'll know its ...... up"

Offline slimechaser

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Who ya gonna call?
« Reply #21 on: Dec 10, 2008, 04:33 PM »
LMAO!!!

This is exactly why and how the Mirc shanty gut started. We tried to keep it all to one thread. . .

Only in Mich!  :tipup:
Official Capt Ahab of the MIRC - "thar she blows"  
 Got nymph?   Some days your the bug and some days your the windshield.

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 10, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Hmmmm.

Seems as though while I was living the Michigan dream today (working), I may have P.Oed a few people.

To the Mods.

I hear you loud and clear....I always play by the rules....However, please don't change the rules of the site in the middle of the conversation.  I enjoy conversing with all the guys in here.  And I know it seems as though I argue alot with guys...but honestly if it gets to heated I pm the guy and we end up laughin' about the whole thing......just ask the guys in Mass.....that was fun ;)

To the rest of you...

I see some of you like to take "the moral high ground" on every subject and talk so eloquently about every fishing subject out there.  Well that is fine by me, go ahead.  However, I will probably honk you off at some time.  I speak plainly and use words that we all can understand, but not always type.  My screen name is RealityCheck for a reason.  Everyone needs a realitycheck....and most would agree with me ...until it is your time for a realitycheck.  I to have been grounded a few times myself.....and it was never fun.  But when it was all said and done.....I was a better man for it.  So I will still call a spade a spade...and tip my hat when a good point has been made. 

And as for the Hummingbird flasher,

I have talked with alot of guys about the machine.  I have learned alot about it.  And the fact of the matter is there are some draw backs....  My opinion on the subject is that the Hummingbird is not "God's gift "  to ice fishing.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Dec 12, 2008, 10:56 PM »
ok i was just playing on the pond, i slipped and fell.... Ice is hard dudes, be careful out there!

Offline ice explorer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 13, 2008, 03:50 AM »

There is good ice in the Brighton area on the smaller lakes.  I heard Briggs, Fonda, and Island lake have good ice.  I fished a spillway of Woodland and there was a good 4 inches. Plan on getting out early this morning

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #25 on: Dec 13, 2008, 05:14 PM »
Oh look! a fishhead just swam by the hole and muddied the water again. ;D

Been a little preoccupied with the p@@@ poor economy since I work for a GM supplier so I haven't been around in a week or two.

Offline fishhead16

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Dec 13, 2008, 05:46 PM »
Ice explorer, where hoping to get out tomarrow,I heard there was a shanty on woodland.Hopefully I start felling  better.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

"TEAM STINKY PINKY"

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 13, 2008, 08:46 PM »
dang fishhead, tell me u didnt catch ur boy's flu???

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 14, 2008, 02:16 PM »
Judas....economy...eco nomy....economy

O.k. so we MUST be geting blown away by Jennifer Granhoser now...I can feel it.  Not having a job sucks I know...I have been there.  I can't even go to church without the preacherman reminding me of the economy and all the rough times.  It is a broken record I am tired of hearing  I like to read posts on the shanty so I can kinda remove myself from reality for a half hour or so.  My condolences go out to everybody out of work.....and if I can lend a hand to a ice fishing friend I won't hesitate. 

O.k. I sounded off.....I feel better now

oh ya and the lakes will have ice on them.........soon..... ..

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Dec 14, 2008, 04:59 PM »
I think a lot of us are sick of hearing about the economy b/c it reminds those of us who still have jobs how they might not last too much longer.....  Its a depressing time.  Rc, lend a hand and help find me a job could ya???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.