Author Topic: Tricking your wife into new gear????  (Read 6455 times)

Offline walleygod

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • walleygod
Re: Tricking your wife into new gear????
« Reply #60 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:52 PM »
Well, I was getting all sorts of good ideas.... all the way up until my wife walked in and read this posting over my shoulder. Now I'll have to come up with something else. One thing that I have used for getting tools and such for the garage was by saying "It's a safety thing". There usually were no more questions as it went in the cart. She did eventually catch on, but still let it work.
just go buy the stuff when she asks were it came from tell her its been there 4 years . if that don't work lay the law down.
 i in no way accept any responsibility for any appearances in divorce court :whistle:
if 1 fish farts it gives them all away

Offline butchy54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Dec 12, 2008, 12:29 AM »
Well I am not married but was for 28 years,She never new what I had for fishing and hunting equipment til we split,then her law er got a look and said to her He has a lot of money here we need to get these apprised and see :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:I sold everything that week.My girlfriend loves to fish and I hope she will go on the Ice this year with me.The thing is I don't hide any thing I buy it and she is OK with it.I also buy her stuff so its a Two way street.I found the perfect girl,and she is a great cook too :thumbsup: :thumbsup:.                                                                            Art
P.S. that a Sub -   buy the ring you won't be sorry  lol
I don't always Ice Fish,but when I do I always use Indian Hill Traps Stay safe my friends
[One of The G.O.D.S.

Offline chezmoose

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Dec 15, 2008, 04:02 PM »
I guess I am fortunate to have a wife that would spend as much if not more on gear than me if allowed too. She wants every darn new fishing rod, electronic, shanty, jig, bait etc... that hits the market!!!

I knew I liked your wife! She sounds a lot like me, lol!  ;D
I talked the hubby into two new shanties last year and will be getting a vex after Christmas (if Santa doesn't bring me one!)

Official Treasurer of the M.I.R.C.
                                    Membership dues payable now

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Dec 15, 2008, 09:18 PM »
i just tell my wife if i don't get what i want im just going to sit home and be a crab *ss, works every time she just tells me to go ahead and get it.

Offline perchslayer13

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice fishing in a thunderstorm, good times
« Reply #64 on: Dec 15, 2008, 09:52 PM »
easiest way is the way i'm doing, fish all day buy whatever i need to fish all day and go home to a new girl who doesn't know any better to b***h about the money i spen ;)
You know it's a great day on the lake when i catch one to throw in the bucket

Offline walleygod

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • walleygod
« Reply #65 on: Dec 16, 2008, 08:22 AM »
i just tell my wife if i don't get what i want im just going to sit home and be a crab *ss, works every time she just tells me to go ahead and get it.
:roflmao: :clap: :flex: :icefish: :bow:
if 1 fish farts it gives them all away

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #66 on: Dec 16, 2008, 08:43 AM »
alas mine knows im an impuse buyer  and hasnt given me too much grief about it guess Im lucky    if I keep putting it off   she might say  just get it if you can afford it   cause your gonna anyway she makes good money and I dont do too bad myself  and life is short  plus it helps the economy lol   
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Dec 16, 2008, 08:47 AM »
I knew I liked your wife! She sounds a lot like me, lol!  ;D
I talked the hubby into two new shanties last year and will be getting a vex after Christmas (if Santa doesn't bring me one!)
It will be fun to meet in Alpena. She is so looking forward to it. Most likely Dora, Icefishinglady, Non, Misty and I will be up a day early to pre-fish with Slo and Twink. Maybe you and J-Man should consider taking Friday off as well??

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Dec 16, 2008, 08:50 AM »
I have never had to trick my wife into letting me get new gear. I keep the garage a mess and I have a room down stairs that I keep a mess that way she never see's it when there is something new in it and on the rare occassion she does catch me, it's too late for her to do anything about it anyway. 

Offline Johnny3Walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Dec 16, 2008, 08:56 AM »
Ha...just ordered a idi gear arctic armor camo suit for my christmas present...the fact that it floats was all it took...

I did the same, As soon as I told the wife that the ice armor suit floats if you fall through the ice......... Cost was not even a concern!!!!  ;)

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #70 on: Dec 16, 2008, 08:58 AM »
that wasnt a selling point for my wife  lol    >:D  Joking
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline brittlab

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • HARD WATER ROCKS
« Reply #71 on: Dec 16, 2008, 10:43 AM »
I've got a great wife. no need to trick, her as I pay for whatever I buy. if it's a big $$ item such as the atv, I'll let her know what the plans are to keep her in the loop.

See you on the frozen pond.......Mike

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Dec 16, 2008, 06:27 PM »

I did the same, As soon as I told the wife that the ice armor suit floats if you fall through the ice......... Cost was not even a concern!!!!  ;)
i take it she wants to keep you around untill you get life insurance.lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.