The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Where can I find me some pounders?  (Read 650 times)

Offline Feeling Crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
Where can I find me some pounders?
« on: Dec 03, 2008, 06:49 AM »
Hey guys I'm new to the iceshanty group here. I love it so far lots of people who actually know what they're talking about! I was wondering if you guys could help me though. Lindy used to make a jig called a Pounder and my supply has finally started to wind down and it's time to restock but everywhere I go it's just Fat Boy's and Genz Worms. I heard they stopped making them but I was wondering if anybody knew where some might be hiding, or even other jigs like them. They show up so well on the vex and work so well on the crappies I don't know why they would have stopped making them!
The best thing about ice fishing is that when you get on a good bite you don't have to worry about your beer getting warm!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Where can I find me some pounders?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2008, 04:31 PM »
What did they look like? Look through Marmish and Jammin Jigs websites, if you don't see anything that looks right, try to find us a picture of the original discontinued jigs somewhere on the web. If you cant find anything, give us a real good description.

Offline Feeling Crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2008, 07:44 PM »
A quick description is that they are the shape of a very small beer can. The eyelet is on the top of the jig so it hangs vertically in the water. They are perfect cylinders ranging from way too small to probably a 1/16th of an ounce. I am coming to the show on Saturday and I will bring one with me to show you first hand. I haven't even seen stuff that's close. I hope Jammin Jigs will be there maybe I'm just not getting the idea through the pictures.
The best thing about ice fishing is that when you get on a good bite you don't have to worry about your beer getting warm!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2008, 07:59 PM »
There is always the do it yourself method...

It sounds like you are discribing a small tube worm jig, DO IT molds offers them in several sizes.

See you at the show. :)

Offline Feeling Crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 04, 2008, 06:38 AM »
Good call sending me to Do It. I looked at their selection and the "Larva Jig" is as close as I've seen yet!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.