Author Topic: Clam 2000  (Read 1777 times)

marti110

Clam 2000
« on: Jan 26, 2004, 12:18 PM »
I bought a new clam 2000 two man portable shanty this year from walmart and I have had nothing but trouble with it. First trip the zipper broke and the floor cracke about 6 in along the hole openings. Second trip me and a buddy were pounding bluegills and the pole that holds the ends apart and basically the hole shack stripped out and the shack collapsed on us. Had to rig it up with some tape we had with us but cost me about 30 minutes of good fishing. Finally the last trip i used it on and probably the last trip I will use it on the whole corner of the floor broke off while trying to extend the end poles up. i was wondering if anyone else had trouble with theres. Walmart will not give me a refund so I have contacted the Clam corp to see if they will do anything about it.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re:Clam 2000
« Reply #1 on: Jan 26, 2004, 12:32 PM »
tell them we are watching to see how well they stand behind there product keep us posted and good luck :'(

Offline rambo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2004, 07:32 PM »
I have the clam 6800 I've been out in 30 mph winds with it and i'm very happy with mine . good luck, I'll be watching to see if clam stands behind their product

Offline fishboy899

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 26, 2004, 08:43 PM »
I have a clam 5600 and it works great.  I dont know why the 2000 wouldnt work as good.  Post what they tell you may need to look into getting a new brand next year.

Offline CAMOTIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2004, 12:09 PM »
marti-I would appreciate a follow up post. I just bought a 2000 this week at a local walmart and plan to take it out this weekend for the first time. I originally bought a Viking 300, took it home and did a trail set up in the basement. I liked the features 3 fishing holes, 68" tall, side pouches, full length window, etc., however, the construction was poor-fabric stapled to the base (randomly) thin fabric, thin, unstable floor, carbet edges fraying, etc. Took it back and picked up a Clam because of the better materials and construction as compared to the Viking, I hope your problems are not common with the 2000-I'll let you know how my unit holds up. Let me know how Clam resolves your problem. Thanks.

Offline shwung79

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2004, 12:48 PM »
The only problem I had with mine was the set screw in the rod that has the clips on it , slips when its windy!!  I corrected this problem by adjusting the rod to where the shanty stays strected tight, mark where the set screw hits, taking the rod back down and with a 1/4" drill bit drill a hole in that spot and the next time you set it up make sure the screw enters that hole when you tighten it down and you will never have any problems with the wind again!!!
TEAR'N UP THAT ICE!!

marti110

« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2004, 05:00 PM »
I am happy to report that The Clam Corp has offered me a full refund plus they will pay the cost of shipping in advance to send it to them so they can look at it. I was not happy with their product but am extremely happy with their customer service. I don't know if I would buy another 2000 but if I did at least I could be confident that they WILL stand behind their product.

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Clam 2000
« Reply #7 on: Feb 04, 2004, 12:09 PM »
thats great to hear..... ALWAYS nice to see a company stand behind what they sell!!!

Melbs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.