Author Topic: Back from Canada with pics!  (Read 6697 times)

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Back from Canada with pics!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 30, 2008, 08:50 AM »
filling tags isnt trigger happy, you cant do it in iowa, thats why sports go to anticosti.
so perhaps its not your cup of tee, dont waste your time or money then, stumble around nh and shoot the trees  ::)
useing a guide is mandatory in canada i belive, and you get a good area if you do, they have been going for a number of years, you can bet they get treated favorably by the outfit up there.
so what are you going to do, i belive dd wouldnt have had as much fun at disney world  ;D money and time well spent in my opinion  :laugh:

My trigger happy comment was a joke I guess I should of added one of these  ;D.  It is my cup of tea My oldman and I have been looking around for places to go next year, but man I just can't get over the price but that seems to be about the going rate so I guess I will have to start saving my penny's. I don't expect just because I paid money for a hunt that I will get a deer of a life time , I just want to know that I have a chance, and DD say's they are there so that means I would have a chance that all I need to know. Not sure what you mean by "stumble around NH and shoot the tree's", I have taken and seen taken some very nice bucks in NH
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Nov 30, 2008, 08:54 AM »
 ;D  :D  ;)  :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #32 on: Nov 30, 2008, 09:16 AM »
good job ben! looks like a great family trip!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline longbeardking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #33 on: Nov 30, 2008, 01:39 PM »
My trigger happy comment was a joke I guess I should of added one of these  ;D.  It is my cup of tea My oldman and I have been looking around for places to go next year, but man I just can't get over the price but that seems to be about the going rate so I guess I will have to start saving my penny's. I don't expect just because I paid money for a hunt that I will get a deer of a life time , I just want to know that I have a chance, and DD say's they are there so that means I would have a chance that all I need to know. Not sure what you mean by "stumble around NH and shoot the tree's", I have taken and seen taken some very nice bucks in NH

I am pasting the link to Sepaq. You can do it for allot less money if you go at a different time and choose a different package. PM me of email me and I'll try to help you.

http://www.sepaq.com/sa/en/forfaits_chasse.html

I am not very good at pasting links so you may have to copy and paste it to the address at the top of the page.
Times have NOT changed. PEOPLE have!!!

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Nov 30, 2008, 01:41 PM »

Fixed the link for ya LB.

In the future there is an Icon ( Insert Hyperlink....The one with the little earth symbol) in the post-reply box

Click on that and insert the link between the [/url] brackets.

Offline longbeardking

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #35 on: Nov 30, 2008, 01:45 PM »
C'mon,,,,,,,,,,,,,teach me. How'd ya do dat!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D
Times have NOT changed. PEOPLE have!!!

Offline ctfishermanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LET THERE BE ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #36 on: Nov 30, 2008, 06:12 PM »
nice report and a few really nice bucks great job

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Nov 30, 2008, 06:19 PM »
I don't expect just because I paid money for a hunt that I will get a deer of a life time , I just want to know that I have a chance, and DD say's they are there so that means I would have a chance that all I need to know.

I have taken some bucks in NH but the first 5pt is the widest deer I have ever taken at 16" wide. He would have been a 6 but did not grow a browtine on one antler.

I have seen deer that scored 145" in the woods (we killed that deer later) but have never killed one that I would say was a huge buck. The first deer I shot at and hit, was at least  20" wide and 10" tall. He had mass and was a beautiful buck. He was by far, the biggest buck I have ever pulled the trigger on.  It wasn't meant to be.  If you could hold out and really trophy hunt, you might kill a buck of a lifetime.  We saw a buck that was even bigger and heavier horned than that 10pt. We just were unable to get a clean shot.

If I could afford it, Laine and I would be going back next year with my folks!

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #38 on: Nov 30, 2008, 08:58 PM »
sounds like fun, have you guys been up there at different seasons like sept/oct? I was thinking of doing a bow hunt up there but a rifle hunt would be cool up there too. Is the airport a private strip I wonder if it would be open to private pilots like myself. I know a guy that went up there last year and he saw about a dozen year per day, sounds like they a crawling about everywhere up there.

Offline tsmith17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 30, 2008, 09:15 PM »
Thank is some good looking food. Bet that venison is gonna taste great. Good looking pics.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 01, 2008, 06:35 AM »
sounds like fun, have you guys been up there at different seasons like sept/oct? I was thinking of doing a bow hunt up there but a rifle hunt would be cool up there too. Is the airport a private strip I wonder if it would be open to private pilots like myself. I know a guy that went up there last year and he saw about a dozen year per day, sounds like they a crawling about everywhere up there.

I have been up there in October and saw only does. The bucks really are not seen very often until very late October and November. We averaged about 40 sightings per day after the first day.  The first day we were seperated and my buddy and I saw 18 and my mom and dad saw a few less I think.

I am not sure about the airport. That would be cool if you could fly right in!

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #41 on: Dec 01, 2008, 08:22 AM »
Thats what i was thinking, fly right in and cut down on the cost.  ;D

Offline Adrock

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 01, 2008, 11:53 AM »
Wow great trip and story thanks for sharing! Talk about wach em and stack em!

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Dec 01, 2008, 04:34 PM »
I have been up there in October and saw only does. The bucks really are not seen very often until very late October and November. We averaged about 40 sightings per day after the first day.  The first day we were seperated and my buddy and I saw 18 and my mom and dad saw a few less I think.

I am not sure about the airport. That would be cool if you could fly right in!
Thats what happens In northwestern Ontario,The big bucks hide until the does come in to heat...Then hold on!!!
Jig em up!

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:59 AM »
I am pasting the link to Sepaq. You can do it for allot less money if you go at a different time and choose a different package. PM me of email me and I'll try to help you.

I am not very good at pasting links so you may have to copy and paste it to the address at the top of the page.

Thanks for the info after lookng it over there prices are alot better than some of the otherplaces I have looked at. By the sounds of it, its worth paying the little extra to hunt in Nov. Whats the best way to get there that you have found.
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Dec 02, 2008, 09:29 AM »
I sense next years ice shanty get together for the hunters  ;D

I sent you a PM, but I'll say it again here, that looks like a great trip to take.  With all that sausage you made, I'm glad you are the sharing type.  lol

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Dec 02, 2008, 09:32 AM »
I sense next years ice shanty get together for the hunters  ;D

I sent you a PM, but I'll say it again here, that looks like a great trip to take.  With all that sausage you made, I'm glad you are the sharing type.  lol

I will bring a few samples!  The loins and straps are the only things that did not get turned into sauasage!  I open my freezer from time to time and take a deep breath!  At some point, you should come out here for a little venison feast!

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Dec 02, 2008, 09:52 AM »
I will bring a few samples!  The loins and straps are the only things that did not get turned into sauasage!  I open my freezer from time to time and take a deep breath!  At some point, you should come out here for a little venison feast!

I know the ice season hasn't started yet, but before we know it, there should be some steelhead running out your way.  Like I said earlier when you first moved there, I have every intention of trying to get to NY to catch one or two if I can.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Dec 02, 2008, 06:02 PM »
I know the ice season hasn't started yet, but before we know it, there should be some steelhead running out your way.  Like I said earlier when you first moved there, I have every intention of trying to get to NY to catch one or two if I can.

I'll show ya where to go  ;) ;D...

Offline Neversink Jimmy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish 'Till Ya' Puke...
« Reply #49 on: Dec 02, 2008, 06:09 PM »
What an AWESOME post, Man!
"Once in awhile you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" 

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Dec 02, 2008, 06:22 PM »
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!     You and your family got some nice deer

Offline hrdwtr24

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Dec 02, 2008, 07:06 PM »
Ben That is AWESOME!!! what a way for a family to spend time together!! congrats to you all!!....Bob...

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Dec 02, 2008, 08:08 PM »
I'll show ya where to go  ;) ;D...

Sounds like a plan, Keith. 

PS... answer your phone  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.